ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Tigers Game #2- Deja Vu? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143720)

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:03 PM

walk, error = 3 runs scored

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:05 PM

berroa also muffed a DP too

tk13 07-14-2006 08:07 PM

This is why they're in first place and we're in last place.

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
This is why they're in first place and we're in last place.

hate seeing us blow back-back 4 run leads though

VonneMarie 07-14-2006 08:11 PM

Yada... yada..yada... It's just a tie game. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz 07-14-2006 08:14 PM

how old is emile brown?

he isn't real good in the outfield .... slow and not particularly good at judging the ball.

imo we are ok at catcher,third with young developing guys.

i'm ok with grud and miek at 1st and 2nd

need to upgrade shortstop, 1 of the corner outfield positions and as much pitching as we can afford.

trade Redman,Sanders and sweeney(if he ever gets on the field :shake: )

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
how old is emile brown?

he isn't real good in the outfield .... slow and not particularly good at judging the ball.

need to upgrade shortstop, 1 of the corner outfield positions and as much pitching as we can afford.

I don't know why Brown isn't DH, German in Right and Sanders on the bench?

Sfeihc 07-14-2006 08:18 PM

This is The Gambler's second start against the Royales w/cheese that he's been awful. Sorry about BB and staff, been there done that.

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:20 PM

and another error

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:24 PM

And there goes the lead

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:25 PM

and that will probably be the game

petegz28 07-14-2006 08:27 PM

and now a balk makes it a 9-6 lead Detroit

Eleazar 07-14-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
how old is emile brown?

Brown is 32. I agree, he's a liability in the field, but he's the type of guy who plays on a team like this.

Really with the position players, we need shortstop first IMO. Somewhere between 1B, 3B, LF, RF we need to find some power. You can shuffle up Gordon, Butler, Huber, Teahen, etc., somehow and make something there.

I like what Teahen has shown but with Gordon on the horizon, it may not be bad to swap him for a young corner outfielder with some power at some point. It seems like in recent years we've preferred to change players' positions rather than go get people who are already good at those positions. You'd hate to give up someone who we got in a trade that actually worked out, but at this time next year if Gordon is ready and Teahen's stock is still high, who knows? Maybe you make an aggressive play.

I like Macdougal getting back. I've never been a huge believer in him, but maybe he will take some pressure off Burgos. I don't think Burgos was ever ready for the majors but could get the job done if he had a chance to develop for a while. On another team, I don't think he would have seen the bigs yet and that's probably how it should have been.

Redman, I'm not sure why he's still in a Royals uniform, if I were the GM I'd all but having him pitching with a for sale sign around his neck. Glad he's been around to help our resurgence here, but business is business.

chubychecker 07-14-2006 08:35 PM

How can Guiel play for the yankees but not the Royals; had a hr tonight. I would rather see him in the OFthan Brown.

chubychecker 07-14-2006 08:37 PM

I haven't heard who the Royals are shopping; just that they are shopping a fair amount of players. Are Doug and Grudz in their long term plans??