ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gretz on the game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145518)

tk13 08-13-2006 10:21 PM

I don't know, after watching it today, I wasn't nearly as alarmed as everybody was last night. I went in thinking I was going to watch a disaster, and it wasn't pretty but I don't know, I'm just not alarmed. It's just the first preseason game and we were absolutely as vanilla as possible. I'm glad we got this bootleg problem out of the way early, Herm can address this now instead of learning about it in week 2. Either way we weren't gonna send an LB blitz to knock that bootleg out. If it comes week 3 of preseason and we're getting whipped, then yes there should be some concern. But we were out there playing vanilla and they were throwing bootlegs and end arounds and all this garbage at us.

And I don't know, what we saw from Printers is about what I expected. I expected him to be pretty raw, and he was. And he still didn't get great protection. I'm more worried that we don't get Croyle killed back there during the preseason, considering that he seems pretty fragile so far.

Bowser 08-13-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I don't know, after watching it today, I wasn't nearly as alarmed as everybody was last night. I went in thinking I was going to watch a disaster, and it wasn't pretty but I don't know, I'm just not alarmed. It's just the first preseason game and we were absolutely as vanilla as possible. I'm glad we got this bootleg problem out of the way early, Herm can address this now instead of learning about it in week 2. Either way we weren't gonna send an LB blitz to knock that bootleg out. If it comes week 3 of preseason and we're getting whipped, then yes there should be some concern. But we were out there playing vanilla and they were throwing bootlegs and end arounds and all this garbage at us.

And I don't know, what we saw from Printers is about what I expected. I expected him to be pretty raw, and he was. And he still didn't get great protection. I'm more worried that we don't get Croyle killed back there during the preseason.

Take this level headed jibberjabber and get out!

tk13 08-13-2006 10:32 PM

Haha, well, it just might be that I'm so used to watching this defense fail that I'm numb to it by now. Haha, but really, I have faith that Herm isn't going to let this bootleg crap go on forever... I hope. Maybe.

keg in kc 08-13-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Haha, well, it just might be that I'm so used to watching this defense fail that I'm numb to it by now. Haha, but really, I have faith that Herm isn't going to let this bootleg crap go on forever... I hope. Maybe.

I watched the game keeping in mind what I'd read earlier in the weak about how much of a change implementing the Tampa 2 portions of the defense really is. The defense should progress through the preseason, that's what we need to see. And realistically the 1's didn't really look all that bad to start with - it was simply bad luck on that 4th down play that Carr fumbled and was still able to find a seam the way he did. Make the stop there, they're 3 and out don't score...

Usually that's what happens, momentum building from the ball bouncing one team's way.

whoman69 08-13-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
Huard #2...does this give anyone else a chill up their spine like it does for me.

So nobody remembers that the only spiral that Huard will throw during a game is the underarm toss to his receiver after his warm up is done? Billy Kilmer Jr.

kcirnamffoh 08-13-2006 10:52 PM

Talk to Indianapolis about how important preseason games are. They were 0-5 last year. Look it up. Preseason is for evaluation. If you win playing starters your wasting time and money(injuries)

Denver is the second game. What better time to be re-introduced to the bootleg. Cunningham knows what that is all about. One would think he would be a little better prepared for KUBIAK!!

No excuse to be taken in by the bootleg in game 2 or any game for that matter. The Chiefs' team has got to be smarter. You can have all the muscle in the world but if you don't know what to do with it, what have you got but a box of rocks.

RealSNR 08-14-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
Compared to that secure feeling with "odd Todd" in the #2 spot?

Good lord, the guy is gone from this team and I STILL have to defend him?!

He was a good ****ing backup QB. Good to fill in for a couple games. Not a QB of the future, but I was happy with him as the backup to Green. I can't name many more reliable backup QBs in the league. He would've won games for us.

I hope with another year in this offense, Huard will be that same type of QB.

Moooo 08-14-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
Good lord, the guy is gone from this team and I STILL have to defend him?!

He was a good ****ing backup QB. Good to fill in for a couple games. Not a QB of the future, but I was happy with him as the backup to Green. I can't name many more reliable backup QBs in the league. He would've won games for us.

I hope with another year in this offense, Huard will be that same type of QB.

You're very rational. I don't think he would have won us games but I don't think he would have lost them either. He'd get the save :)

Not to resurrect any offseason rights or wrongs, but Joey Harrington is a guy I would say could manage a game AS A BACKUP. He gets a bad rep for being a top 5 pick. He's not that good, but could be a GREAT backup QB for the NFL.

Moooo

RealSNR 08-14-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
You're very rational. I don't think he would have won us games but I don't think he would have lost them either. He'd get the save :)

Not to resurrect any offseason rights or wrongs, but Joey Harrington is a guy I would say could manage a game AS A BACKUP. He gets a bad rep for being a top 5 pick. He's not that good, but could be a GREAT backup QB for the NFL.

Moooo

Basically another Rick Mirer.

I'll buy that.

Wallcrawler 08-14-2006 03:37 AM

Todd collins was, is, and always will be poop.

He never took a meaningful snap in his entire tenure with the Chiefs. Considering the plethora of absolute crap QBs the Chiefs have had along with Collins, he was still never good enough to beat any of them out.

greg63 08-14-2006 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Take this level headed jibberjabber and get out!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

We're DOOMED, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED; I say!!!!

htismaqe 08-14-2006 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
So nobody remembers that the only spiral that Huard will throw during a game is the underarm toss to his receiver after his warm up is done? Billy Kilmer Jr.

Who would you prefer? Printers is beyond bad.

htismaqe 08-14-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcirnamffoh
Talk to Indianapolis about how important preseason games are. They were 0-5 last year. Look it up. Preseason is for evaluation. If you win playing starters your wasting time and money(injuries)

Denver is the second game. What better time to be re-introduced to the bootleg. Cunningham knows what that is all about. One would think he would be a little better prepared for KUBIAK!!

No excuse to be taken in by the bootleg in game 2 or any game for that matter. The Chiefs' team has got to be smarter. You can have all the muscle in the world but if you don't know what to do with it, what have you got but a box of rocks.

No amount of preparation fixes what happened Saturday night. Until someone removes Eric Hicks physically from the field, what we saw is going to continue to happen.