ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Had to put our dog down today:( (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145750)

Hammock Parties 08-16-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbuskid
We had a lab die when we took him in to get neutered.

Yikes! How did that happen?

Phobia 08-16-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbuskid
We had a lab die when we took him in to get neutered. ( I can't say as I blame him ROFL), and we got a lab puppy within a week or two. I can't say how quickly the pain went away, it was crazy.

Yeah. The pain ceases immediately upon death.

Tribal Warfare 08-17-2006 12:15 AM

I'm in the same boat that you are in hawk. In 2-3 months I'll have to take my 9 year old German Shepard to the vets for the "big sleep", since he's terminal with cancer.

SBK 08-17-2006 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Yikes! How did that happen?

The vet said that the anestesia lowered his blood pressure so low that his heart couldn't pump his blood.

When the vet called and told me he died and explained how I thought he was joking with me. I had to go in and pick up his collar and name tags, and the dumb broad at the counter told me they weren't going to charge me anything. :shake:

That sucked big time. Telling my wife about killed her, just a few months before that her parents dog, that'd she'd had for 10-12 years had to be put down.

Hammock Parties 08-17-2006 02:00 AM

That's awful. How old was he?

They can't wake up the dog in that situation?

hawkchief 08-17-2006 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
I'm in the same boat that you are in hawk. In 2-3 months I'll have to take my 9 year old German Shepard to the vets for the "big sleep", since he's terminal with cancer.

Sorry to hear that. As difficult as it was, my wife and I held the old guy while he got his shot. I guess that was a good thing to comfort him during what seemed to be a painless procedure. Good luck on it.

Fire Me Boy! 08-17-2006 06:17 AM

Very sorry to hear it hawkchief.

Scaga 08-17-2006 06:39 AM

Sorry to hear it....
Our 9 year old lab/rot mix has a bad hip. He still seems to be pretty happy and gets around pretty good, but I know the day is coming. Told my wife she'd probably have to take him to the vet when it's time. I too big a wuss for it.

boogblaster 08-17-2006 06:56 AM

Sorry for your loss...Ive got a JackRussell that is having siezures was on phenobarbs now is on valium he still has them sometimes think Ill have too have him put down if he dont stop...BOOG SORRY....

htismaqe 08-17-2006 07:56 AM

Sorry for your loss, man.

I lost my Boston last year...my advice is to GET ANOTHER DOG.

And FYI, the rep button is over in the bottom right of the post, next to the edit button.

By clicking on the report post link, you sent all of your thank you's to the admins via email.

Dartgod 08-17-2006 08:02 AM

Sorry for your loss, Hawk. I lost my boxer this spring, so I know how you feel.

It's a good thing you already have another pup around to help fill the void.

Rain Man 08-17-2006 08:04 AM

Sorry to hear. Pets are superior to people in almost every way.

hawkchief 08-17-2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Sorry to hear. Pets are superior to people in almost every way.

So true. After daily dealings with knucklehead humans in the business world, to have to end a dogs' life just doesn't seem right.

WilliamTheIrish 08-17-2006 08:20 AM

My son, as a high school school sophomore, went to the HHS and picked up a 4 year olkd chocolate Lab. Dad wasn't too pleased, but the dog seemed really appreciative that Sean saved him from the needle.

Living ina rurual area, he was great when it came to strangers dropping by. Even bit the UPS guy on the ass once.

He was having obvious trouble getting around due to his hips the last 10 months or so. Then, in an accident that has never been explained, a friend backed over him about 3 months ago.

He survived. And made -seemingly - a full recovery.

Then about 6 weeks ago he walked off into the woods and never came home. In a way, I'm glad. I could never have put him down.

He was good dog and UPS drivers are happier now.

ChiTown 08-17-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
My son, as a high school school sophomore, went to the HHS and picked up a 4 year olkd chocolate Lab. Dad wasn't too pleased, but the dog seemed really appreciative that Sean saved him from the needle.

Living ina rurual area, he was great when it came to strangers dropping by. Even bit the UPS guy on the ass once.

He was having obvious trouble getting around due to his hips the last 10 months or so. Then, in an accident that has never been explained, a friend backed over him about 3 months ago.

He survived. And made -seemingly - a full recovery.

Then about 6 weeks ago he walked off into the woods and never came home. In a way, I'm glad. I could never have put him down.

He was good dog and UPS drivers are happier now.

I wish people were more like dogs. When it's your time, just go out into the woods (or, several bars of your liking) and never come home (just pickle yourself to death).