ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I think we've got a chance with Huard. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147519)

StcChief 09-11-2006 05:00 PM

A Chance. A few breaks (aka Jake screwups).

Control clock and game.

Solid D effort all the way around. Maybe.

runnercyclist 09-11-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
I am confident that after a week taking snaps with the first string, watching film, and getting mentally prepared Huard will be fully ready to run around for his life and take repeated viscious hits as the Donx defensive players run past our O-line.

ROFL

Sad (hilarious) but true

tk13 09-11-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
In order for us to win this game alot of things are going to have to go right. The defense will have to bring its A game. We will have to feed LJ and Bennett the ball at least 35+ times and control the clock. Huard just needs to manage the game and take care of the ball. I have huge doubts right now on whether Edwards, Gun and Solari can develop the proper game plan to win. I trust Shanahans skillz alot more than i do Edwards.

I think that's a legimate concern. Coyer is probably going to blitz the crap out of us, Solari is going to have to come up with a gameplan to control that. I thought that was the best game Al might have ever called, the 2nd Denver game last year, totally took them out of their blitzing mode, then ran them over with LJ in the 2nd half. We're going to need a lot of LJ and screens and such.

Eleazar 09-11-2006 05:03 PM

Huard made a couple of good throws. But I think him beating Denver in Denver when we haven't done it in a million years is a tall order.

Tribal Warfare 09-11-2006 05:04 PM

This is fuckIN great now we are trying to talk ourselves into that Huard is a servicable QB :banghead:

Baby Lee 09-11-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
You know what helped Jax get that many yards?

The presence of Marc Bulger, Torry Holt and Ike Bruce.

You mean the Marc, Torry and Ike, who turned 7 red zone trips, often with a shortened field d/t turnovers, once starting inside the 5, into 6 FGs?

ChiefFan31 09-11-2006 05:11 PM

Huard does have a chance. It starts with Good D, a shitload of LJ, and a nice mix of playcalling.

That and if Jake throws a pic early, say even one that is returned for a touchdown and that crowd will be ready to lynch Jake. I look forward to that possibility.

OldTownChief 09-11-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
This is fuckIN great now we are trying to talk ourselves into that Huard is a servicable QB :banghead:

Major denial around here.

Deberg_1990 09-11-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFan31
Huard does have a chance. It starts with Good D, a shitload of LJ, and a nice mix of playcalling.

and with this current coaching staff Id say that one HUGE question mark right now. I think we can beat them and have the talent to do it............ but I dont trust these guys to develop a compentent game plan to defeat the Donkeys in their own house.

OldTownChief 09-11-2006 05:19 PM

How do we "game plan" for having such a shit O line? I know how Denver will.

ChiefFan31 09-11-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

and with this current coaching staff Id say that one HUGE question mark right now. I think we can beat them and have the talent to do it............ but I dont trust these guys to develop a compentent game plan to defeat the Donkeys in their own house.

I'm afraid that I agree. The coaches will be tested big time this week. I can only hope that they come through.

Regardless, I want to see some fight out of this team. Win or Lose

Phobia 09-11-2006 05:21 PM

Huard was surprisingly efficient with tons of pressure in his face yesterday. I'd like to see him with a little protection. I think we'll all be surprised.

Frosty 09-11-2006 05:23 PM

I too think we have a chance with Huard....

.... for a top ten pick next April. :p

the Talking Can 09-11-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

lots of coaches in this league make lemonade out of lemons...but ours rarely do...this will be a test of our coaching staff...ITS THEIR JOB to figure out how to make the pieces work....can't say I'm hopeful...right now

StcChief 09-11-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Huard was surprisingly efficient with tons of pressure in his face yesterday. I'd like to see him with a little protection. I think we'll all be surprised.

So 2 TE sets or FB in alot.....

Hopefully Sampson will be back. or Roaf or Black has the matador cap removed....