ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   You want to blame someone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147937)

Hammock Parties 09-17-2006 05:53 PM

Gunther can't just concede 15-yard slants in overtime. Stupid playcalling. I know the defense played really well but you have to stop them in overtime.

chief2000 09-17-2006 06:00 PM

tuck.

exactly
\
Remember last week fu**up on 3rd and 5 and run up the middle. Herm said it was messedup miscommunication.

Jets fans warned us.

Vermeil also went into NJ and beat a Herm team.

Mosbonian 09-17-2006 06:27 PM

GoChiefs...you're reaching if you are trying to blame Gunther.....

With your 2 threads you seem bent on defending Huard and blaming everyone else.....

The fact is Solari and Herm blew this game with conservative playcalling meant to keep Huard from getting into trouble.

The fact is, Huard is ok as a back-up, but not a "full game" QB.

Honestly I would love to see us get a QB to transition from Trent, whom I feel won't be back till Week 8 at the earliest, and Brody Croyle.

mmaddog

burt 09-17-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
I won't blame Gun either.

We had crappy clock management.

LJs fumble hurt but was not the game.

TG missing that pass hurt.

Huard was admirable. No complaints

The D was outstanding until the last 2 series. That is still a positive.

Herm played for the field goal all game long and never opened it up.

At the end of the first half the coach couldn't figure out that to do and blew a chance at the TD.

You are on the money! NEVER opened it up. Just a few open plays and we have a W. Edwards gets the L.

Skip Towne 09-17-2006 06:42 PM

I'm not sure Solari knows where he is. He's a very possible Peter Principle victim.

ChiefsFanatic 09-17-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
NICE SCHEME, GUNTHER!

You are a tard.

KCinNY 09-17-2006 06:49 PM

Herm "Let's get Three!!" Edwards. Always playing for the field goal.

As far as offensive playcalling, you gotta take at least a couple of token chances downfield. By the fourth quarter, the donx were crowding the line of scrimmage and taking away all of the short stuff that had been working early.

Hootie 09-17-2006 06:53 PM

I thought the draw play was a good call.

I thought the 2nd run play was a "sketchy" call, because they didn't make it look like a passing play, they sold out the run...

not calling a timeout right after he was tackled was another thing that pissed me off...but it didn't matter anyways, it's not like we ran out of time. All we needed to do was complete a 20 yard pass and we win the game...Parker was wide open when he dumped the ball of to LJ on 2nd and 13.

4th and Long 09-17-2006 06:55 PM

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4373/triumphhk6.gif

burt 09-17-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY
Herm "Let's get Three!!" Edwards. Always playing for the field goal.

As far as offensive playcalling, you gotta take at least a couple of token chances downfield. By the fourth quarter, the donx were crowding the line of scrimmage and taking away all of the short stuff that had been working early.

You would think that Herm would understand:

TD is first place...that is what you are there to get.

FG is second place....it means you were not good enough to get a TD, it's a 3 point consolation prize.

So....FG is second prize....second place is the first of the losers...and in a race, second place has a boring view.

HERM, GET A FRIGGIN TOUCH DOWN!!!!!!!!

jynni 09-17-2006 07:26 PM

If Trent is still out against the Niners, then maybe we could make him honorary OC for the day?

jspchief 09-17-2006 07:33 PM

The play-calling was pretty aweful on both sides of the ball at times.

And Huard still sucks.

Fairplay 09-17-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
I won't blame Gun either.

We had crappy clock management.

LJs fumble hurt but was not the game.

TG missing that pass hurt.

Huard was admirable. No complaints

The D was outstanding until the last 2 series. That is still a positive.

Herm played for the field goal all game long and never opened it up.

At the end of the first half the coach couldn't figure out that to do and blew a chance at the TD.

I agree with all the above. Also Solari's offensive calls could have been a bit more extended the continous hand-offs.

whoman69 09-17-2006 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Mike ****ing Solari lost this game.

NOTE TO SOLARI - DENVER HAS AN ATHLETIC FRONT SEVEN!!! STOP RUNNING ****ING SWEEPS AGAINST THEM WHEN THERE IS LESS THAN A MINUTE LEFT IN THE GAME AND YOU ARE ALMOST IN FIELD GOAL RANGE!!! DUMBASS!!!

Thank you.

Solari got read the riot act in preseason when he tried two shots at the end zone near the end of the half and didn't score. Herm would rather play for a field goal or even filed position than to play an aggressive offense that will put points on the board.

keg in kc 09-17-2006 08:04 PM

I'm not sure how we were supposed to "open it up" more than we did when any time Huard took more than 3 steps back he was either flushed from the pocket or had the pass batted down at the line. We used quick passes for a reason: they were all we could throw. We tried bootlegs, we tried playaction, we tried all sorts of stuff.

At the end of the day, the reason we lost is pretty simple. Johnson fumbled inside the 10. Gonzo dropped a pass around the 5. Huard fumbled late. We made more mistakes than Denver did. You don't win when you do that on the road. It was a miracle we were in the game at the end.

Kudos go to the defense for the best performance I think I've ever seen. I thought we'd get blown out. It makes it hurt that much more. I was really pissed for about 90 minutes after the game, because we actually had a chance to win when I'd written it off before the opening gun. Hell of a game.