ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Official "Heroes" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149388)

Amnorix 10-30-2006 11:26 PM

Good show. My wife and I both like it alot. It's a X-Men rip off of sorts, but who cares. Very solid so far.

Valiant 10-31-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis
She better not be dead...

Oh yeah I forgot it comes on Friday nights here in KC also...

Valiant 10-31-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
Good show. My wife and I both like it alot. It's a X-Men rip off of sorts, but who cares. Very solid so far.

Actually I would say more Unbreakable as it tries to be more realistic unlike the marvel/dc comic movies... They do a fantastic job with the show just to many ****ing commercials...

LV Tim 10-31-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Well, that is interesting. Considering the show airs on NBC. :rolleyes:

Oops. My bad. I bet you can guess it is at www.nbc.com.

kcxiv 10-31-2006 01:21 AM

Best show i seen in a while. I am hooked on it, and i am not even a sci fi geek.

And Commercials never happen when you download the torrents <3 downloads.

Baby Lee 10-31-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Wax Lion. Heee!!!!

Anyone else catch it?

Wrasse 10-31-2006 09:01 AM

We tivoed it and missed the last 5 minutes (guessing).

We saw the guy who sees paints the future (Isaac) open the door to the chick who is keeping an eye on Mohinder and then...'would you like to delete this program?'.

Can anyone fill me in? :)

I now have it set to record 5 minutes over (we usually are there to watch it so haven't had this issue).

Thanks!

*edit*

Bah...nevermind...it's up online. :)

Amnorix 10-31-2006 09:33 AM

Yeah, you missed like one minute, really. Not much happens there.

patteeu 10-31-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Anyone else catch it?

I didn't. Please explain.

runnercyclist 10-31-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrasse
We tivoed it and missed the last 5 minutes (guessing).

We saw the guy who sees paints the future (Isaac) open the door to the chick who is keeping an eye on Mohinder and then...'would you like to delete this program?'.

Can anyone fill me in? :)

I now have it set to record 5 minutes over (we usually are there to watch it so haven't had this issue).

Thanks!

*edit*

Bah...nevermind...it's up online. :)

Must have been a nationwide thing 'cause our Tivo did the same thing.

We were like...what?

Missed the previews for next week too.

Great show. I like Jerico too.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

jidar 10-31-2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnercyclist
Must have been a nationwide thing 'cause our Tivo did the same thing.

We were like...what?

Missed the previews for next week too.

Great show. I like Jerico too.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

Networks have been tappering shows on purpose to defeat DVRs. Nothing new.

Baby Lee 10-31-2006 09:57 AM

Dishnetwork got it right. But it usually pads, and it was padding for sure since there was no Studio 60 or CSI Miami to record in the 9CST hour.

Baby Lee 10-31-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu
I didn't. Please explain.

Not sure how much you need explained, so I'l try to be comprehensive.

1. Wax Lion was one of those 'created while you watch' souvenirs [like the penny that's pressed into a picture of The Arch, or the Ashtray pressed from an aluminum billet at the Museum of Science and Industry], at a Niagara Falls gift shop where the star of Wonderfalls [one of the many criminally cancelled Fox shows] worked. Only it's head got crushed, . . . Oh, and it talked to our star and gave her ambigious advice.
2. Brian Fuller is a producer on Heroes, and was the co-creator of Wonderfalls.
3. Wax Lion was on the bedside table of Niki when she first woke up.

patteeu 10-31-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Not sure how much you need explained, so I'l try to be comprehensive.

1. Wax Lion was one of those 'created while you watch' souvenirs [like the penny that's pressed into a picture of The Arch, or the Ashtray pressed from an aluminum billet at the Museum of Science and Industry], at a Niagara Falls gift shop where the star of Wonderfalls [one of the many criminally cancelled Fox shows] worked. Only it's head got crushed, . . . Oh, and it talked to our star and gave her ambigious advice.
2. Brian Fuller is a producer on Heroes, and was the co-creator of Wonderfalls.
3. Wax Lion was on the bedside table of Niki when she first woke up.

Ah, thanks. I needed the whole thing. I never saw wonderfalls although I've heard people around here rave about it. As a result, it's not surprising that I didn't even notice the Wax Lion on the bedside table.

HolmeZz 11-02-2006 01:03 AM

I'm hoping the good Nikki died when DL phased into her chest. I think it'll improve her character. I got kinda annoyed at how often she'd morph between good and bad. I thought they should've just given her a doppelganger that could morph out of her.

It also annoyed me at the beginning that Claire would seemingly find a way to die everyday. I know the whole show isn't realistic, but I thought it was overkill(no pun intended) that she'd constantly get herself killed.

I'm curious as to how far in the future Future Hiro was. It's gotta be fairly distant seeing as he has mastered the english language and dropped the accent. Also, according to what Hiro said, Peter apparently gains a scar on his face at some point in the future. Hope they follow through well with the rest of the series.

If you've missed any episodes, you can watch them here: http://tvlinks.voodeedoo.org/Heroes_links.html

The Sci-Fi Channel also re-airs the episodes.