ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Preliminary Hall of Fame Candidates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151066)

Thig Lyfe 10-31-2006 07:06 PM

Reggie Roby!

Adept Havelock 10-31-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
No keekers should be in the HOF.

%(/

Jan Stenerud!

Skip Towne 10-31-2006 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Would like to see D.Thomas and T.Thomas get in this year.

T. Thomas should get in for no other reason than he kept Barry Sanders on the bench while both were at Oklahoma State.

whoman69 10-31-2006 07:18 PM

Here is who I think are most deserving:

Mark Bavaro- the best receiver on 2 Super Bowl teams and just a monster blocker, impossible to bring down
Don Coryell- I grew up a fan of the cardiac Cardinals when the Chiefs decided they did not want to be competitive
Ed “Too Tall” Jones- I hate the Cowboys but even I can't believe he's not in, may have been hurt by his 'boxing' career
Bruce Matthews- so good for so long, is it possible that those voting for Mike Munchak thought they were voting for Mattews?
Art Monk- you can't retire #1 and not get voted in
Donnie Shell- probably won't make it because too many teamates are in
Derrick Thomas- nuff said
Andre Tippett- this might be a homer pick, but he was always one of my favorite players, was on my fantasy team way back when
Roger Wehrli- doesn't get the credit he deserved because many years the Cards were also rans

Where the hell is Emmitt Thomas and Johnny Robinson?

Over-Head 10-31-2006 07:20 PM

Here’s my pick’s:Ken Stabler QB 1970-1979 Oakland Raiders, 1980-1981 Houston Oilers, 1982-1984 New Orleans Saints

Jim Plunkett QB 1971-1975 New England Patriots, 1976-1977 San Francisco 49ers, 1979-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders

cdcox 10-31-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
Here is who I think are most deserving:

Mark Bavaro- the best receiver on 2 Super Bowl teams and just a monster blocker, impossible to bring down No way. Only two Pro-Bowls. Only one season over 1000 yds. Fair or not, he's going to be compared to the Sharpes, Gonzaleses, et al. and the numbers are just not there. He won't get the credit for blocking, because frankly blocking TE are not going to make the Hall after 1970.
Don Coryell- I grew up a fan of the cardiac Cardinals when the Chiefs decided they did not want to be competitive Agree
Ed “Too Tall” Jones- I hate the Cowboys but even I can't believe he's not in, may have been hurt by his 'boxing' career Disagree, only 3 Pro Bowls. Gets more credit than he deserves because of the Cowboys and a cool handle.
Bruce Matthews- so good for so long, is it possible that those voting for Mike Munchak thought they were voting for Mattews? Agree, should get in
Art Monk- you can't retire #1 and not get voted in I used to see it this way, but recently I see why he's not in. He was very good over a long period of time, but never great. Only 3 probowls. More of an accumulator than a player of great fame. Sixth in receptions, 11th in yards, 29th in receiving TDs. The receiving TDs is way to low, given his other stats.
Donnie Shell- probably won't make it because too many teamates are in
Derrick Thomas- nuff said yeah
Andre Tippett- this might be a homer pick, but he was always one of my favorite players, was on my fantasy team way back when too many other high impact LB
Roger Wehrli- doesn't get the credit he deserved because many years the Cards were also rans Agree, he had the rep when he was playing and has the pedigree.

Where the hell is Emmitt Thomas and Johnny Robinson?

I think their time passed and they can only be considered by the Old-timers committee now.

Valiant 10-31-2006 09:43 PM

The only thing you can compare is Art Shells stats to those at the time, I keep hearing he was one of the best of his time, if so then he should get in....