ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Washburn Thrashing K-State! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151344)

Imon Yourside 11-04-2006 10:53 PM

20 secs left Washburn down by 3 going to the line for 2.

Skip Towne 11-04-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
Hope you guys have your fun now.....

I don't seem to remember a group of KU fans discussing a KSU exhibition game the last few years....why could that be? :p

Settle down little fella. It will be OK.

DJJasonp 11-04-2006 10:56 PM

This is exciting!!! exhibition drama at its best!

Imon Yourside 11-04-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Hope you guys have your fun now.....

I don't seem to remember a group of KU fans discussing a KSU exhibition game the last few years....why could that be? :p

yodda yodda yodda i've been hearing all summer how this is the year the Mildcats sweep the Hawks. I started listening to this game out of shear boredom but honestly it's been a good game and nevermind the fact that Washburn is Div II. Looks like K-state will survive up 4 with 10 seconds left.

Skip Towne 11-04-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN
yodda yodda yodda i've been hearing all summer how this is the year the Mildcats sweep the Hawks. I started listening to this game out of shear boredom but honestly it's been a good game and nevermind the fact that Washburn is Div II. Looks like K-state will survive up 4 with 10 seconds left.

Where's Saul? Sounds like he better get out the GRCOAT pronto!!

KevB 11-04-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Settle down little fella. It will be OK.

I'm not the least bit concerned. You guys are the ones in here yucking it up about a KSU exhibition game. Honestly, when has that mattered to KU fans in the last 15-20 years?

KevB 11-04-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Who said we're sweeping KU? I wouldn't pretend to suggest that given our recent record against KU. I have confidence we'll be good in time, but it will likely take a bit for Hugs to get the existing players to understand what he's looking for. Fine by me, patience comes easy for KSU basketball fans. Having said all that, you can mask your interest in a KSU exhibition game as boredom if you'd like, but I'd say it's very telling.

Imon Yourside 11-04-2006 11:04 PM

The kitties pulled it out, congrats purplies. I sit here shaking in my shoes at the thought the Jayhawks will have to play this fine Thuggins lead team.

Skip Towne 11-04-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

I'm not the least bit concerned. You guys are the ones in here yucking it up about a KSU exhibition game. Honestly, when has that mattered to KU fans in the last 15-20 years?

It doesn't matter when you beat these charity cases by 30 like you are supposed to. It's when they take you into triple OT that causes us to giggle. I haven't seen that happen in the 50+ years I've been watching. Hahahahahaha

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 11-04-2006 11:11 PM

What was the final?

KevB 11-04-2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

I sit here shaking in my shoes at the thought the Jayhawks will have to play this fine Thuggins lead team.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.....

KevB 11-04-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

It doesn't matter when you beat these charity cases by 30 like you are supposed to. It's when they take you into triple OT that causes us to giggle. I haven't seen that happen in the 50+ years I've been watching. Hahahahahaha

KSU struggled with Emporia St. last season....didn't stop them from beating you in Allen FH last season though, did it?

Skip Towne 11-04-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Who said we're sweeping KU? I wouldn't pretend to suggest that given our recent record against KU. I have confidence we'll be good in time, but it will likely take a bit for Hugs to get the existing players to understand what he's looking for. Fine by me, patience comes easy for KSU basketball fans. Having said all that, you can mask your interest in a KSU exhibition game as boredom if you'd like, but I'd say it's very telling.

So you think you are going to sweep KU huh? :p

Skip Towne 11-04-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

KSU struggled with Emporia St. last season....didn't stop them from beating you in Allen FH last season though, did it?

I'm glad you brought that up. But I would rather talk about your record against KU in your NEW venue Bramlege. How many times have you beaten KU at YOUR place? Oh, wait, Bramlege is what...........20 years old?

KevB 11-04-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

So you think you are going to sweep KU huh? :p

OK, fine, you got me. And not only do I think we'll sweep you....we'll beat you in the Big 12 Tourney to make it a three-fer. :thumb: