ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Problems with Superman Ultimate edition DVD... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153700)

Halfcan 12-04-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Crap, that scene where Brando looked at Kidder was outstanding. Got chills with it.

He said I coulda been a contender instead of a bum with a one way ticket to Polukaville.

Frazod 12-04-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Batman > Superman

No one is disputing that.

007 12-04-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Batman from Batman Begins > Superman III and IV

Fixed yer post.

Yes, technically, it is better but I do love the Superman franshise as a whole.

Frazod 12-04-2006 11:23 PM

Actually, the last Batman movie is the best superhero movie ever, IMO. The Spiderman movies are in the same ballpark, but really aren't all that close.

tk13 12-04-2006 11:27 PM

I own it, I keep putting off calling that number, probably do it tomorrow, hopefully. Not that either thing really seems to be a huge deal... I mean I want the correct disks just to have the right thing, but I can't imagine I'm going to watch the commentary to Superman III too many times, haha.

But there's so much stuff in that box set, it's ridiculous really. If you want to see something really hilarious, or terrible, go check out the "Superpup" TV pilot from 1958 on the "You Will Believe" disc. Doesn't take long to see why that thing never aired, haha. I thought the behind the scenes documentary for Superman Returns was excellent too. There's still so much stuff I haven't watched yet though.

And I liked the Donner cut, kinda rough around the edges in parts but they definitely put heart into the movie. The Jor-El material might be the most powerful sequence in any of the Superman movies, and they cut it out because of money, that's crazy. That made the whole movie for me. It was pretty good considering what they had to work with really, also kind of sad to know how great it would've been had Donner been allowed to finish it. I'm sure some people have kind of put the first movie, the Donner cut, and Superman Returns into their own little trilogy now. I'm glad Bryan Singer will be allowed to make the knock-down blow out sequel Donner was never allowed to make.

007 12-04-2006 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Actually, the last Batman movie is the best superhero movie ever, IMO. The Spiderman movies are in the same ballpark, but really aren't all that close.

Batman Begins blows both Spiderman's away IMO. I am so looking forward to the next Batman movie just to see what they will do with the Joker character now. Topping Nicholsons performance will be tough.

Halfcan 12-04-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

I have to agree. Spiderman two was very good also.

I have not seen the newest Superman, but still remember fondly the first one, which I saw as a kid. Reeves was a great choice. Superman 2 I enjoyed very much also.

Frazod 12-04-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

I have to agree. Spiderman two was very good also.

I have not seen the newest Superman, but still remember fondly the first one, which I saw as a kid. Reeves was a great choice. Superman 2 I enjoyed very much also.

You really should check out the redone Donner cut of 2. It rocks.

007 12-04-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I own it, I keep putting off calling that number, probably do it tomorrow, hopefully. Not that either thing really seems to be a huge deal... I mean I want the correct disks just to have the right thing, but I can't imagine I'm going to watch the commentary to Superman III too many times, haha.

But there's so much stuff in that box set, it's ridiculous really. If you want to see something really hilarious, or terrible, go check out the "Superpup" TV pilot from 1958 on the "You Will Believe" disc. Doesn't take long to see why that thing never aired, haha. I thought the behind the scenes documentary for Superman Returns was excellent too. There's still so much stuff I haven't watched yet though.

And I liked the Donner cut, kinda rough around the edges in parts but they definitely put heart into the movie. The Jor-El stuff might be the most powerful sequences in any of the Superman movies, and they cut it out because of money, that's crazy. That made the whole movie for me. It was pretty good considering what they had to work with really, also kind of sad to know how great it would've been had Donner been allowed to finish it. I'm sure some people have kind of put the first movie, the Donner cut, and Superman Returns into their own little trilogy now. I'm glad Bryan Singer will be allowed to make the knock-down blow out sequel Donner was never allowed to make.

I need to revisit the original Superman II but I don't recall the line "The father becomes the son, and the son becomes the father" from that one. Kinda thought to myself, that was a nice addition to the Returns movie considering no one had ever heard that line before. At least I don't remember hearing it before.

007 12-04-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

You really should check out the redone Donner cut of 2. It rocks.

Ditto that.

Frazod 12-04-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

I need to revisit the original Superman II but I don't recall the line "The father becomes the son, and the son becomes the father" from that one. Kinda thought to myself, that was a nice addition to the Returns movie considering no one had ever heard that line before. At least I don't remember hearing it before.

That line was spoken by Jorel in the first movie, before he puts baby Kalel in the space ship.

007 12-04-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

That line was spoken by Jorel in the first movie, before he puts baby Kalel in the space ship.

aha. thanks Fraz. I remember it now. Don't know why I didn't remember it before. Damn brain farts.

Frazod 12-04-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

aha. thanks Fraz. I remember it now. Don't know why I didn't remember it before. Damn brain farts.

No problem. I am a bottomless pit of useless movie trivia. :)

007 12-04-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

No problem. I am a bottomless pit of useless movie trivia. :)

For the most part, I am too. Guess I just haven't seen Superman: The Movie for such a long time I allowed myself to forget something pretty big.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-05-2006 12:04 AM

I don't care what anyone says, Superman Returns ****ing rocks!! I love that movie, and can't wait until the next one!