ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Leadership.......Where is it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155309)

Wile_E_Coyote 12-30-2006 10:26 AM

Get me a couple of lockerroom passes & I will get back to you on that

penguinz 12-30-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
of course he doesn't care enough to be a complete player either.

What a stupid ass comment. Answer this mecca... Why the fugg do you think you know so much about NFL Football? If you knew a 10th as much as you ramble about here you would have won multiple SuperBowls by now.

Mecca 12-30-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
What a stupid ass comment. Answer this mecca... Why the fugg do you think you know so much about NFL Football? If you knew a 10th as much as you ramble about here you would have won multiple SuperBowls by now.

When he feels the urge to pick up some blocks or become a competent reciever you let me know....

Trent may be the "leader" but he isn't the type of leader we need, he's a quiet leader. I want a guy who will turn around and rip LJ a new asshole for not picking up a block.

WilliamTheIrish 12-30-2006 11:59 AM

It's a good question. One I've asked myself over and over for several seasons.

Using ray Lewis as an example, could you imagine him leading a defense that let a back up QB, getting his first significant playing time, bring his squad back from 14 down with under 8 minutes?

The simple answer is: We don't have one. On either side of the ball. And we haven't for years.

Skip Towne 12-30-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz

Rep!

Reerun_KC 12-30-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
It's a good question. One I've asked myself over and over for several seasons.

Using ray Lewis as an example, could you imagine him leading a defense that let a back up QB, getting his first significant playing time, bring his squad back from 14 down with under 8 minutes?

The simple answer is: We don't have one. On either side of the ball. And we haven't for years.

I thought leadership started with the HC first?

Mecca 12-30-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC

Well I agree with this but we also need some on the field........

I also enjoy how Penz got so mad at me you'd think I insulted his boyfriend.

milkman 12-30-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Well I agree

We're ****ed.

WilliamTheIrish 12-30-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Okay, that's fine. What kind of a leader is Herm Edwards? What does Herm bring to the organization that makes you feel he's a leader?

Feel free to shed some light on the subject.

Mecca 12-30-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Okay, that's fine. What kind of a leader is Herm Edwards? What does Herm bring to the organization that makes you feel he's a leader?

He brings um......funny sayings to press conferences.....that's about it.

Calcountry 12-30-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
This comes right back to the organization. The whole reason Lewis and Brady have that kind of clout is that everyone on those teams knows if you f**k with them you'll be looking for a new team and it might not wait for the end of the season. Chiefs players all know full well that sucking is acceptable.

So they suck, and they suck, AND they SUCK.

Calcountry 12-30-2006 12:40 PM

Whether you all like the results or not, the D is basically "rebuilt" per Carl Standards, and now the rebuilding of the O will begin in earnest this offseason.

Next Year, this team is Herms. We took a step back this year, not forward. The D is improved ONLY because the Offense gameplanned time of possession to the extreme to keep their sorry assses off the field. So much so, the offense died a miseralble withering death that only vaguely resembles the O that could overcome much of our D's woes.

the Talking Can 12-30-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
This comes right back to the organization. The whole reason Lewis and Brady have that kind of clout is that everyone on those teams knows if you f**k with them you'll be looking for a new team and it might not wait for the end of the season. Chiefs players all know full well that sucking is acceptable.

yeah, I think it is more about accountability....too many players have been allowed to suck for far too long as Chiefs...

You can be a leader, but you can't make CP not resign Hicks, Bartee, etc....

milkman 12-30-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
The D is improved ONLY because the Offense gameplanned time of possession to the extreme to keep their sorry assses off the field. So much so, the offense died a miseralble withering death that only vaguely resembles the O that could overcome much of our D's woes.

That was the plan, but I'd bet that if you were to look up the numbers, not only did the rest of the offensive numbers dive, but you'd find that the '05 Chiefs averaged about 2 mins TOP more than the '06 Chiefs.

The defense improved, some, but the offense had no part in that.

alanm 12-30-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Uh... He's won a playoff game in the last 10 yrs. :)