ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Downtown Chem Plant Just Blew Up! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158028)

FAX 02-07-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise

Thanks for posting, Mr. Cochise. That's a lot of smoke.

What sort of chemicals are we talking about here?

FAX

petegz28 02-07-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC
Chopper 5 better back the hell off. Anything for a shot, I guess.

Nah they will get too close then sue for getting sick or something.

Eleazar 02-07-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Thanks for posting, Mr. Cochise. That's a lot of smoke.

What sort of chemicals are we talking about here?

FAX

Stuff used in paint, and some automotive chemicals, etc.

I-35 is shut down at Armour Rd now.

I can see the flames across the river, the column of fire is enormous.

DMAC 02-07-2007 03:28 PM

They just said intense chemical smell downtown.

Redrum_69 02-07-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

the column of fire is enormous.

oh sweet Jesus...the Egyptians chasing down the exodus of slaves were thinking the same thing...

FAX 02-07-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Stuff used in paint, and some automotive chemicals, etc.

I-35 is shut down at Armour Rd now.

I can see the flames across the river, the column of fire is enormous.

Amazing. This episode reminds me of the tornado that came through downtown Nashville several years ago. I was able to watch it blow through the city from my office building. The tornado blew out hundreds of windows in the high rises and snatched up millions of 8x10 pieces of paper. The paper looked like giant flocks of birds circulating in the air.

From the wide shot on the feed, the smoke cloud is enormous. This can't be good. Is the wind blowing toward a populated area?

FAX

Ultra Peanut 02-07-2007 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
TELL ME WHERE THE PLANT IS

Baby Lee 02-07-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Amazing. This episode reminds me of the tornado that came through downtown Nashville several years ago. I was able to watch it blow through the city from my office building. The tornado blew out hundreds of windows in the high rises and snatched up millions of 8x10 pieces of paper. The paper looked like giant flocks of birds circulating in the air.

From the wide shot on the feed, the smoke cloud is enormous. This can't be good. Is the wind blowing toward a populated area?

FAX

Did it leave the 8 1/2 x 11 paper be?
That is an amazing degree of discriminating taste for a tornado to exhibit.

Mr. Laz 02-07-2007 03:38 PM

still holding my breath

http://www.ecardecals.com/Calvin_Holding_Breath.gif

Eleazar 02-07-2007 03:40 PM

Been burning for over an hour, and the flames aren't getting any lower as near as I can tell. I wonder how long it will take for a huge store of chemicals to burn off on its own

Frazod 02-07-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee

Smartass. :)

FAX 02-07-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Tornadoes are funny that way, Mr. Baby Lee. I'm sure you've heard stories about how a tornado will pick up some things and, inexplicably, ignore others.

For example, they'll pick up a house on one street and replace it with a barn from another town. Then, they'll pick up a car and replace it with a truck. Personally, I think that's why they should be called tradewinds.

FAX

BIG_DADDY 02-07-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Tornadoes are funny that way, Mr. Baby Lee. I'm sure you've heard stories about how a tornado will pick up some things and, inexplicably, ignore others.

For example, they'll pick up a house on one street and replace it with a barn from another town. Then, they'll pick up a car and replace it with a truck. Personally, I think that's why they should be called tradewinds.

FAX

Yea tradewinds have a great sense of humour.

Baby Lee 02-07-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

Yeah, somewhere in my 20s, I must've been in a tornado, where my physique was traded with that of a menopausal wookie. Somewhere in the great northwest there is a sasquatch with the body of Brad Pitt.

Eleazar 02-07-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah, somewhere in my 20s, I must've been in a tornado, where my physique was traded with that of a menopausal wookie. Somewhere in the great northwest there is a sasquatch with the body of Brad Pitt.

That must have happened to me too. There's probably another sasquatch out there somewhere with a normal Man's manhood.