ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   larry johnson on sirius satellite radio! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161942)

go bo 04-26-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief
How is this not spam?

Why do I constantly have to have this piece of shit website spammed down my throat? :cuss:

deep throat?

cool..

i saw that movie when it first came out...

i think the trick is to try to stay calm and relax...

it will go down mch easier when you're relaxed...

or so i've heard... :p :p :p

penchief 04-26-2007 08:23 PM

How can anybody listen to an interview with LJ and compare him to a lockerroom cancer? That guy is a football player. And he's got a level head on his shoulders.

I've listened to a lot of interviews with potential draft picks on Sirius NFL radio in the past few months and if I heard a guy that sounded anywhere close to the way LJ sounds when he answers questions, I'd be impressed as hell.

Com'n people. Admit it. LJ is a good guy.

Hammock Parties 04-26-2007 08:25 PM

No penchief. They will never admit it. Will Shields retired because of LJ, didn't you hear?

Brock 04-26-2007 08:26 PM

LJ is a great guy who doesn't like white coaches because they don't understand how rough he had it growing up on the mean streets of Suburbia.

penchief 04-26-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
LJ is a great guy who doesn't like white coaches because they don't understand how rough he had it growing up on the mean streets of Suburbia.

I think LJ feels like he got a raw deal from both Paterno (because he likes to play seniors) and Vermeil (because he's both loyal and petty). And he's grown up as a coach's son who might more easily recognize the invisible ceiling that has existed in the past for black coaches.

So I have no problem writing that off as immaturity knowing that what I hear from him sounds reasonable, intelligent, and good-intentioned. Add to that the fact that he is a proud individual, proud athlete, and proud football player, I'm more inclined to believe that this is the kind of guy I'd like to keep. He might be a proud Chief, too.

Not everybody is a socialite. Some people are hard. Doesn't mean they're bad. LJ has gotten a bad rap because of the way he was drafted. It caused a riff within the organization and within the fan base. He didn't ask for that. He was inhibited by his own coaching staff. And he has been unfairly criticized by many chiefs fans, IMO.

If he had been drafted and implemented by a team that wanted him and recognized his talent, we may be drooling over how lucky another team got by drafting him instead of us.

Crashride 04-26-2007 09:40 PM

LJ has fought to get what he has and he still has a level head. The only place you can point out cancer is thinking hes worth 80 mil 30 guarenteed.

boogblaster 04-26-2007 09:43 PM

Pay him, you can't replace him at this time ...