ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tiny terrier saves kids from pit bulls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162473)

pr_capone 05-02-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightclub1983
UGH

I am really starting to hate people that own pit bulls.

That little dog is a hero though. ANd he is in doggie heaven now. Yeah, I am cheesy. :)

Even the ones who are responsible handlers? Those who train and keep proper control over the animal?

Give me a break. A generalization like that is idiocy at best.

Pitbulls are great dogs and are great family pets. As long as the dog is properly trained and kept in an enclosure (yard with a tall fence), there is nothing wrong with them.

The problem stems from people who abuse, neglect, and train the dogs to be ferocious. ANY dog that has been treated badly and left to wander the streets on its own could have, and have, done the exact same thing.

elvomito 05-02-2007 01:35 PM

i've only been attacked by chows, chihuahuas, and poodles. crucify them!

Eric 05-02-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
Yeah.... no.

The only things that wolves and pitbulls have in common is that they both have fur, teeth, and belong to the Canis genus.

Aside from that, they are NOTHING alike.

:shake:

pr_capone 05-02-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric
:shake:

I see you disagree!

Inform us then how the Wolf and the Pit are the same thing?

Also... would that be the Grey Wolf, Arctic Wolf, Red Wolf, or the several other varieties of wolves that are out there?

I can see what you might be getting at tho. They are both animals that are commonly found in the wild so therefore they have similar characteristics. Wait.... they don't.

Eric 05-02-2007 02:00 PM

Well Duh! I never said they were the exact species.

I was speaking figuratively but i guess you can't sense that.

Wild genetic Temperament?

pr_capone 05-02-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Well Duh! I never said they were the exact species.

I was speaking figuratively but i guess you can't sense that.

LMFAO

Even figuratively.... they are nothing alike.

Quote:

Wild genetic Temperament?
Most dogs have a "wild genetic temperament". They have it because they were not always domestic creatures.

Put any dog in a situation it has been abandoned in an urban environment, is hungry, and sees a small defenseless child.... the same thing will happen damn near every time.

To say that happened ONLY because the dog was a pit is just silly. It happened because a person was not responsible and kept the animal properly controlled.

Eric 05-02-2007 02:20 PM

Your stupid.

Demonpenz 05-02-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Your stupid.

i agree with you pit bulls have that pack mentality just like pits. There is a reason why they are banned all over. They are like having a loaded gun

Redrum_69 05-02-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
i agree with you pit bulls have that pack mentality just like pits. There is a reason why they are banned all over. They are like having a loaded gun

So pitbulls have a pack mentality like pits?

Demonpenz 05-02-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
So pitbulls have a pack mentality like pits?

yeah they do. I was going down to play basketball with my cousin in 7th grade now to a place called the munchenburger center when the huge pit bulls started attacking up. Whe kicked and fought to get him free but it was no use he had bites and brusing up and down the arm. My dad and uncle went over to the fella who owned them and he said to me "Grab your rake!" So we went over there armed with rakes and gave him the business. That was 15 years ago this may and I think pit bulls are mean.

pr_capone 05-02-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Your stupid.

http://slantmouth.com/articles/fuged.../cryingMan.jpg

Redrum_69 05-02-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

No difference between pitbulls and wolves

One is domesticated...the other is wild

One is turned into a killing machine BY ITS OWNER...the other kills only when the pack needs to eat

Regardless, both species are smarter than you.

Pitbulls only get mean because of their owners abuse them and think the species are around for one thing only.

Redrum_69 05-02-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
yeah they do. I was going down to play basketball with my cousin in 7th grade now to a place called the munchenburger center when the huge pit bulls started attacking up. Whe kicked and fought to get him free but it was no use he had bites and brusing up and down the arm. My dad and uncle went over to the fella who owned them and he said to me "Grab your rake!" So we went over there armed with rakes and gave him the business. That was 15 years ago this may and I think pit bulls are mean.

that doesnt explain why pitbulls have a pack mentality like pits

do you mean that pitbulls have a pack mentality like wolves?

pr_capone 05-02-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

One is domesticated...the other is wild

One is turned into a killing machine BY ITS OWNER...the other kills only when the pack needs to eat

Regardless, both species are smarter than you.

Pitbulls only get mean because of their owners abuse them and think the species are around for one thing only.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Demonpenz 05-02-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

that doesnt explain why pitbulls have a pack mentality like pits

do you mean that pitbulls have a pack mentality like wolves?

I am glad you agree they have the same mentality