ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How did Croyle look? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174310)

Deberg_1990 11-11-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUMBER7
17/30 162 yards, 5.4 yards average, 1 int no TDs

Ironically, Huard had a 5.5 YPC avg. :)

RustShack 11-11-2007 07:22 PM

His screen to Priest was pretty sick, something Huard could of never done. Huard woulda been sacked on that play for sure.

blueballs 11-11-2007 07:22 PM

Indy is baptism by fire

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack
His screen to Priest was pretty sick, something Huard could of never done. Huard woulda been sacked on that play for sure.

Yeah, I remember that play. That was outstanding.

kstater 11-11-2007 07:23 PM

He threw a bunch of wobbly ducks.

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
And the numbers could be misleading. The offense looked completely different, in a good way, when he came in. See Jacksonville game and the Chicago game for examples.

Coach, I agree, I do not care about numbers...show me some scoring. I guess I was so built up to see the kid I was hoping he was the second coming of Brett Favre like so many on this board have said. I hope if he does start next week they adjust the system to his strengths.

Easy 6 11-11-2007 07:28 PM

He had a dozen or more passes that Huard could only pull of on XBOX.

The tempo COMPLETELY changed with him in there, he tends to rely on his arm a bit too much with the back foot throws...but he also showed us ALL of the things we've been missing...mobility, a GREAT quick release & an ability to hit any spot on the field from anywhere on the field.

The entire O looked different, it gave the D a lift for awhile to.

This is the Point of no Return.

KC Jones 11-11-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

I guess I was so built up to see the kid I was hoping he was the second coming of Brett Favre like so many on this board have said. I hope if he does start next week they adjust the system to his strengths.

Well, in Favre first action he was 0 - 4 w/ 2 INTs and 0 TDs.

Seriously, if you want to develop a young QB you need to give him time and let him make some stupid mistakes.

KcMizzou 11-11-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
He had a dozen or more passes that Huard could only pull of on XBOX.

The tempo COMPLETELY changed with him in there, he tends to rely on his arm a bit too much with the back foot throws...but he also showed us ALL of the things we've been missing...mobility, a GREAT quick release & an ability to hit any spot on the field from anywhere on the field.

The entire O looked different, it gave the D a lift for awhile to.

This is the Point of no Return.

Yeah... Croyle looked sharp. Throwing darts...

He was excellent on the short passes. He sucked on the long passes toward the end of the game, because Denver knew we had to throw them.

He threaded the needle several times though...

There's no excuse to run Huard back out there now.

RustShack 11-11-2007 07:43 PM

His touch will come, and the WR's will get used to how he throws it. Remember, they are used to Huards puss balls, now the are catching the opposite. They arn't used to the ball being in easy to catch places either.

Garcia Bronco 11-11-2007 07:44 PM

I thought he did alright...he was hitting the back short on more than a few, but those are good low risk throws.

Easy 6 11-11-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

There's no excuse to run Huard back out there now.

They wouldnt DARE...would they???

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones
Well, in Favre first action he was 0 - 4 w/ 2 INTs and 0 TDs.

Seriously, if you want to develop a young QB you need to give him time and let him make some stupid mistakes.

You are absolutely correct. I was hoping he was going to step it up today. The problem is many fold...most of it lies at the system the Chef's are running. Solari has to go...and the Germ needs to grow a pair and learn clock management. We need to have a solid draft and hope Croyle does not go the way of Blackledge.

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
I thought he did alright...he was hitting the back short on more than a few, but those are good low risk throws.

Compare him to Cutler. What do you think? Similar?

FAX 11-11-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Coach, I agree, I do not care about numbers...show me some scoring. I guess I was so built up to see the kid I was hoping he was the second coming of Brett Favre like so many on this board have said. I hope if he does start next week they adjust the system to his strengths.

I was sure pulling for him. It was good to see him move the chains. Lenny said that a couple of the passes could have been caught ... I think he was referring to the pass to Bowe and maybe one to Webb.

One of the interesting aspects of all this is (assuming that Croyle actually does start) whether or not the playcalling will change a little. Theoretically, we could open up the offense a bit more with a stronger arm behind center. We could also, perhaps, call a roll-out or two to help the oline with protection.

FAX