ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   So can someone tell us the last season Herm's offense hasnt gotten a QB killed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175593)

FAX 11-29-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts
Right. It's Herm's fault his teams haven't had offensive lines. He hasn't been anywhere long enough to cultivate one. God knows Chad Pennington and Brodie Croyle both have reputations of being Iron Men. Some of you guys sound like 17th century women going on witch hunts. Stop already with the 2nd rate manipulation.

Okay. I'll grant you that one, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Fair is fair, and all.

But, have you noticed that teenaged pregnancies have risen, water quality has gone down, and global warming has increased wherever Herm has coached?

FAX

SPchief 11-29-2007 02:48 PM

It was Herm's fault that Green got hurt last year?

Hammock Parties 11-29-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts
Right. It's Herm's fault his teams haven't had offensive lines. He hasn't been anywhere long enough to cultivate one. God knows Chad Pennington and Brodie Croyle both have reputations of being Iron Men. Some of you guys sound like 17th century women going on witch hunts. Stop already with the 2nd rate manipulation.

The Jets actually had a solid OL for much of Herm's tenure.

Chiefnj2 11-29-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief

In part. Trent was scrambling for his life pretty much the entire game before he was KO'd. The team was not prepared and didn't gameplan very well.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-29-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Okay. I'll grant you that one, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Fair is fair, and all.

But, have you noticed that teenaged pregnancies have risen, water quality has gone down, and global warming has increased wherever Herm has coached?

FAX

There once was a coach named Herm
Whose coaching style was to conserve,
But the water was rotten and the sun was too hot and
15 year old girls wanted his sperm.

Sorry is repost. :D

FAX 11-29-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief

It was a scramble, wasn't it, Mr. SPchief? If I remember the play correctly, Trent scrambled out of trouble, slid, and got clocked on a highly illegal play.

I suppose the stretch is that the QBs are getting smashed into smush because the protection is bad. The protection is bad because the oline sucks. The oline sucks because they are on the field. The oline is on the field because Herm put them there. Herm put them there because he thought they were good enough. Herm thought they were good enough because he is a clueless tool.

Now, if we can just figure out why Herm is a clueless tool, we might be able to get this thing fixed.

FAX

Chiefnj2 11-29-2007 02:54 PM

There's nothing to worry about, the Chiefs are just playing a vanilla offense to lure teams into a false sense of security. They don't want to show too much this early in the season.

Skip Towne 11-29-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
It was a scramble, wasn't it, Mr. SPchief? If I remember the play correctly, Trent scrambled out of trouble, slid, and got clocked on a highly illegal play.

I suppose the stretch is that the QBs are getting smashed into smush because the protection is bad. The protection is bad because the oline sucks. The oline sucks because they are on the field. The oline is on the field because Herm put them there. Herm put them there because he thought they were good enough. Herm thought they were good enough because he is a clueless tool.

Now, if we can just figure out why Herm is a clueless tool, we might be able to get this thing fixed.

FAX

Nobody ever knew he was a clueless tool. He was just Peter Principled into a job he can't handle. He had 5 years with the Jets to prove himself. He failed miserably. I see no reason to give him any more time.

FAX 11-29-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Nobody ever knew he was a clueless tool. He was just Peter Principled into a job he can't handle. He had 5 years with the Jets to prove himself. He failed miserably. I see no reason to give him any more time.

Well, even clueless tools can have redeeming qualities, Mr. Skip Towne. I once knew this blonde girl from Overland Park who was a clueless tool who had tons of redeeming qualities.

But, my question is this; Most people seem to agree that Herm has a gift for evaluating talent. If true, why didn't he do a better job of evaluating our offensive line players? Surely, he's seen enough linemen in Tampa, NY, and KC to properly assess their ability. Was it a case where no one was available who was any better than Terry?

I am sincerely puzzled by this.

FAX

bobbything 11-29-2007 03:27 PM

Edit for all of you who take this place, and your role in the place, waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

FAX 11-29-2007 03:41 PM

Do not click on that link.

FAX

bobbything 11-29-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Do not click on that link.

FAX

This place is absolutely zero fun.

FAX 11-29-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
This place is absolutely zero fun.

You're right, Mr. bobbything. Everybody!! Click on that link!!!

FAX

Zouk 11-29-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

I am sincerely puzzled by this.

FAX

When Herm arrived he inherited an old O and a terrible D. His first offseason, we were locked in with bad contracts (Kendrell Bell, Greg Wesley, Sammy Knight, Pat Surtain, Eric Hicks) and loads of dead cap weight from released players (Shawn Barber, Jerome Woods, etc.) so we were not able to sign any free agents for significant money beyond Ty Law to what was essentially a 2 year deal designed to just help us get by at corner. The focus in the first offseason was in stopping the bleeding by not adding more bad contracts so that the team would be in better shape for offseasons 2 and 3.

In the first couple of drafts, Herm focused on improving the D to be sure, but he also added Croyle and Bowe. Think about how depressed this roster would look without those two. You can plug in offensive linemen later on, but it's harder to add a young QB in year 3 of the rebuilding. He had to be drafted in year 1.

In the second offseason, we signed Damion McIntosh for significant cap dollars. There are no great left tackles available on the free agency market, but the team thought that was the best available. There were still many holes on the D to be filled, so they still had to focus resources there as well.

The third offseason is where we'll see more of the offensive changes. But at least now there's a foundation to build around with Croyle, LJ, Kolby, and Bowe. Only LJ was here when Vermeil left.

Your mistake is assuming that the roster is where Herm wants it right now. It's clearly not. But to rebuild right it has to be done slowly and gradually to ensure the salary cap is in order and young guys get a chance to play. So that means until we get a long-term answer at RT and RG we have to put up with Welbourns and Terrys. Could we have found better short-term answers? Yes, and that's a fair critique. But at least you can see a logic in why it's being done in this way.

FAX 11-29-2007 04:05 PM

First off, Mr. Zouk, you may well have a brain hemorrhage. Second off, everybody knows that Herm has primarily focused on the D, so far. Third off, no offense can function without an offensive line. Any successful NFL coach will tell you that, when your offense needs rebuilding, that's the FIRST place you work on ... not the LAST. Fourth off, McIntosh is far from a cap buster. Fifth off, I understand that Herm hasn't completed the roster yet. Sixth off, our line play has proven that practically anybody in FA would have an improvement over Terry, Turley, and Welbourne.

The question remains, why didn't/couldn't he recognize that the players he chose for the right side of the oline can't block Jack's momma? Was he misled in camp by his belief that the D's improvement was so great that these clowns were better than they actually were?

FAX