ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Don't give up on Croyle yet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175832)

dj56dt58 12-02-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE
Gonzo had a great game today but it was very very sad to see at one point late in the game Hu-tard had 173 yds passing and Tony G. had 140+ yds receiving. He has to spread it around a bit. Another thing about Hu-tard, he is so scared to get hit now (he gets hit alot) if the D even LOOKS at him wrong he goes into the fetal position. All this game did was CONFIRM that Brody is the man....unless Thigpen steps in. lol

He tried to spread it around..Gonzo is the only one that would hold on to the ****ing ball..Bowe dropped at least 4 passes

RustShack 12-02-2007 09:52 PM

Croyle to Bowe!

CupidStunt 12-03-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

to get killed? As much as I'd love to get Brennan we gotta go offensive line..draft and free agency
Awful teams go BPA. PERIOD. No excuses.

Doesn't matter that we can't block. We also can't tackle, plug holes, cover, throw, catch. BPA - NO excuses. Hopefully that is OL, but I won't shed a tear if it's not. There isn't a player in the draft that KC couldn't use.

Mecca 12-03-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp

Doesn't matter that we can't block. We also can't tackle, plug holes, cover, throw, catch. BPA - NO excuses. Hopefully that is OL, but I won't shed a tear if it's not. There isn't a player in the draft that KC couldn't use.

That sums it up, even if we take Andre Woodson first you can't knock that pick.

siberian khatru 12-03-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp

Agreed. If we start reaching with high picks, we're gonna be the dregs of the NFL for a decade.

Mecca 12-03-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
Agreed. If we start reaching with high picks, we're gonna be the dregs of the NFL for a decade.

Nah we won't Carl would then go spend in FA like usual so we'd win our 9 games and not be horrible....Carl has used FA to mask how bad a team usually is when they draft like him.

Delano 12-03-2007 10:01 AM

Can Brodie handle 8 sacks per game and over 30 hits throughout the remainder of the season?

It is only going to get worse with Svitek at LT, the Turley and Terry turd carousel, and the up-and-coming Niswanger out. Not good.

Mecca 12-03-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano
Can Brodie handle 8 sacks per game and over 30 hits throughout the remainder of the season?

It is only going to get worse with Svitek at LT, the Turley and Terry turd carousel, and the up-and-coming Niswanger out. Not good.

I'm not sure he can handle being breathed on heavily...

Pushead2 12-03-2007 10:04 AM

Hopefully we suck to bad we can get Jake Long.

Delano 12-03-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I'm not sure he can handle being breathed on heavily...

He is an injury prone guy, but shit, getting speared in the back is going to take out the best of 'em.

I like that Herm is taking the cautionary route. I would sit Brodie for another game and see if this makeshift line can gel at all to provide more than 1.5 seconds of protection. The experience would be great, but it is worthless if a serious injury occurs.

Mecca 12-03-2007 10:09 AM

We have the double whammy here.....

We got a QB who hasn't made a full season at any level since his junior year of high school...and we got Herm who's QB's always get hurt...

splatbass 12-03-2007 10:15 AM

Who has given up on him? I haven't seen anyone here that has. He was out for a game because of injury. He'll be back, hopefully next week.

el borracho 12-03-2007 10:19 AM

Don't give up on Croyle yet

Well, I wouldn't give up on Croyle but I also would not hesitate to draft a QB in the 1st if he happened to be the BPA. Croyle is still a ?. At this point, he is just a kid with a big arm and a hot wife.

Otter 12-03-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2
Hopefully we suck to bad we can get Jake Long.

That would be sweet!!! He's got a nice mean streak too!!!

:drool:

Croyle will be fine, he's the least of our worries.

donkhater 12-03-2007 11:31 AM

Draft one franchise-type player at an impact position and it can have a DRAMATIC effect on the team.

Look at Derek Anderson and the Browns. They were OK on offense last season, but then they shore up that LT spot and all of a sudden Derek Anderson is the next star of the NFL and the Browns-THE BROWNS--are teaing up the league. Whatever. He just finally had time to throw.