ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WHITLOCK - IT’S TIME TO LOSE FOR THE FUTURE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176315)

FAX 12-09-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
Maybe someday we'll get 2 good Whitlock columns in a row. Luckily the last one was so good that I forgive this idiocy.

ROFL

I hope Herm is paying you well, Mr. Zouk. On the other hand, when the day of judgement finally comes, you might need that soul.

FAX

SoCalBronco 12-09-2007 11:25 PM

This is absolutely the correct approach.

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I think Jake Long's future is at RT...sad but true.

I agree.

However, unless Laurinaitis is there for some reason, or Sedrick Ellis, we'd have to pick him, IMO.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:26 PM

When people look at QB's to many of them look at size and arm strength and shit like that......they don't look at leadership, guys who make the plays to win games.

I like Woodson a ton and I know Holmezz will get pissed at me but I like Colt Brennan more than Ryan. I think Brennan has "it" despite him not having all of Ryans pure physical tools.

Hammock Parties 12-09-2007 11:26 PM

Hell, is picking Jake Long and starting him at right tackle really such a bad idea?

Right tackle has been the weakest position on our offense this year.

dirk digler 12-09-2007 11:26 PM

Finally a great article by Whitlock.

Keep losing I would love a Top 5 pick. The last time the Chiefs picked in the Top 5 they got DT.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
I agree.

However, unless Laurinaitis is there for some reason, or Sedrick Ellis, we'd have to pick him, IMO.

If they take a LB in the top 5 I'm gonna get pissed.....

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 11:26 PM

Laurinitis and Ellis have 0 chance of being gone in the first three picks. None.

The top three is going to be a combination of Dorsey, McFadden, and Long.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
Hell, is picking Jake Long and starting him at right tackle really such a bad idea?

Right tackle has been the weakest position on our offense this year.

I'm not really saying that, just some people consider using a top 10 pick on a guy who won't play LT a questionable pick.

Coach 12-09-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

When people look at QB's to many of them look at size and arm strength and shit like that......they don't look at leadership, guys who make the plays to win games.

I like Woodson a ton and I know Holmezz will get pissed at me but I like Colt Brennan more than Ryan. I think Brennan has "it" despite him not having all of Ryans pure physical tools.

I remember seeing the stat line of Brennan's numbers during the Heisman Trophy presentation, while behind a certain team. It was something like 75% completion, with alot of numbers and only one INT.

Now, I know it's becuase of the spread offense, but completing 75% of your passes, while behind, is a remarkable number.

And he also won those games coming from behind.

RedThat 12-09-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

I think Jake Long's future is at RT...sad but true.

And it's not like the chiefs can't use one of those anyways? :shrug:

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

If they take a LB in the top 5 I'm gonna get pissed.....

I'd be shocked if he were there, anyway.

There are very few positions they could draft with that pick that would piss me off. Too many holes on this team.

Hammock Parties 12-09-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
The top three is going to be a combination of Dorsey, McFadden, and Long.

Trading down is looking more and more like the best option for the Chiefs.

blueballs 12-09-2007 11:29 PM

I say BS
Whitlock will write for months about McFatass in Philly

evolve27 12-09-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
A top 4 pick is great on draft day - you don't have to wait 3 hours to see the Chiefs pick!!!

I think they changed the first round picks to 10 minutes, still better than 15. The first day will be two rounds instead of three. We'll be on the clock within 40 minutes, sweet.