ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who do you take? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176696)

Mecca 12-15-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58
You mean the fact that we have paid attention to drafts in recent history and realize that the Chiefs can't draft DTs worth a shit? Or the fact that we're sick of seeing Croyle on his ass every play?

Yea the Colts shouldn't have picked Peyton Manning either because some years before that they took Jeff George #1 and it didn't work out..

You can't draft that way, that's drafting out of fear and frankly it's really dumb.

BigMeatballDave 12-15-2007 05:04 PM

Where is the option to trade down?

Tribal Warfare 12-15-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca

Carl has infected this fan base too.

yep, by the masses for years

Mecca 12-15-2007 05:04 PM

If the Chiefs trade out with Glen Dorsey on the board.....just give up, the franchise will never be anything but a mediocre failure..

And some of you want it, that blows my mind.

a1na2 12-15-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Passing on an elite player for an above average player.....****ing stupid.

This doesn't have anything to do with carl. It has to do with fans that think they know best what the franchise needs.

Probably a good thing the fans aren't calling the shots.

smittysbar 12-15-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
Dorsey, no question. Long is projected by many to be a much better RT than a LT. With our 2nd round pick basically being an extension of the 1st round, we can pick up a RT there, most likely. Richardson, probably.

Dorsey is too talented to pass up. This should be obvious. I understand the pressing, gigantic need for o-linemen, but you can't pass up on high-quality talent like a Dorsey to take a RT. You just can't. The Chiefs have been bad at the draft for years; taking Long over Dorsey is being bad at the draft. I don't want the Chiefs to be bad at the draft.

Diddo!

RustShack 12-15-2007 05:05 PM

I think a lot of you are confused, it should say Long(above average player) and Doresy (elite player) Another thing you guys don't understand is there is not much of a diffrence between Long, and the guy we can draft in the 2nd round. And the last thing you need to relise is that the Head Coach drafts players, the GM okays it.

Mecca 12-15-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1na2
This doesn't have anything to do with carl. It has to do with fans that think they know best what the franchise needs.

Probably a good thing the fans aren't calling the shots.

And they're doing what Carl would do, he's infected them, after so many years they think that's how you do things.......

You are suppose to want to build an elite championship team not a pretty good team that never wins anything...

BigMeatballDave 12-15-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Passing on an elite player for an above average player.....****ing stupid.

I suppose you KNEW drafting Sims was a mistake.

Mecca 12-15-2007 05:07 PM

Also here's an example.....some years ago....when New England was bad and had the 6th pick.....

They took Richard Seymour some people didn't like that, a few picks later Keyatta Walker the highest rated Tackle went.....

Are you saying because this line sucks you'd rather have Walker than Seymour......you can't draft that way.

Tribal Warfare 12-15-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave

I wanted to select Henderson

Mecca 12-15-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Over John Henderson, absolutely...

Have I been wrong about some players, sure. But you play the odds here and you take the guy who projects as elite over the guy who projects as pretty good. When you pick that high it says your whole team is bad...you are not 1 player away.

CupidStunt 12-15-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Selecting a DT in the 1st with the problems on our O-line? ****ing stupid.

And who's going to help fix the awful run defense?

Will there be enough tissues in KC when Dorsey is starting in the Pro Bowl and Jake Long is watching him after giving up 6 sacks on the season?

Archie Bunker 12-15-2007 05:10 PM

This team is finally in a position to take an elite player and they have to take advantage of it. There are no elite OL this year so why waste a chance to take potentially dominate DT to team with Jared, Tamba, and DJ to form the core of a great D.

OL is a much better pick in the early 2nd and 3rd.

Mecca 12-15-2007 05:12 PM

You people wanting Oline.....how many of you wanted Joe Staley when the rest of us said it was best to go WR......

How'd that work out? Would you rather have Staley or Bowe...