ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How many FFL finalists do we have here? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176832)

Mecca 12-17-2007 12:12 PM

Well if Adrian Peterson puts up 7 points I'll make it.

DaKCMan AP 12-17-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner
Oh it doesn't suck at all,we love it.

The top 6 teams have a redraft of play-off players left on the bottom 6 teams,we get to keep any of our existing team who made the NFL Play-offs as well.

Gotcha. However, I could reasonably see a team reach the playoffs without a single player who makes the NFL playoffs. Do you redraft each week of the playoffs? For instance if you have LT, Gates, Burress, Brees, etc. and they all get bounced round 1.

BigRedChief 12-17-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
BAM!

I'm 8 points down to take on Cinderella here for the title. I've got my minnesota defense going tonight. Hopefully the sorry azz Bears offense is going to put me in the finals.

Mecca 12-17-2007 12:14 PM

I also bet the guy I'm playing is pissed...He'd be on up on me by 14 if Brian Westbrook hadn't dropped at the 1.

CoMoChief 12-17-2007 12:16 PM

I'm in the finals as well. Though I'm going against Tom Brady who is playing the Dolphins. Let's pray for a miracle.

BIG_DADDY 12-17-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
I'm in the finals as well. Though I'm going against Tom Brady who is playing the Dolphins. Let's pray for a miracle.

I feel your pain. Fortunately I have Roethlisberger, Parker and the Pittsburgh D going against the Lambs. I also have Moss so that could ease the pain a bit.

BigRedChief 12-17-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief

Yep, I'd already be in the finals if Brady hadn't had his worst day evah.

Nzoner 12-17-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Gotcha. However, I could reasonably see a team reach the playoffs without a single player who makes the NFL playoffs.

Well we got tired of the head-to-head format because we feel like fantasy football should be about scoring and there's no way in hell to model it like the actual NFL although some purists will argue so as of 3 years ago we adapted the following format and can't say enough good about it.

12 teams,head-to-head schedule only for a few bucks and bragging rights,the overall scoring to make the play-offs works like this.

A point system of 11 thru 0 with highest points of the week getting 11 and so on.This way if you have 2nd highest score of the week but lose your h2h you're still rewarded for putting together a good squad.

We play all 17 weeks on that point system and the top 6 make the post-season.

As for your original take it's really amazing to see how many play-off players are already on teams since the higher scorers are usually in the running.For instance as of today I have 11 of 21 players going to the NFL post-season.

Sorry for the length but I can't say enough good about this format,we find ourselves checking everyone's scores because 1/10th of a point in this league can mean losing 1 point overall.

BIG_DADDY 12-17-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I also bet the guy I'm playing is pissed...He'd be on up on me by 14 if Brian Westbrook hadn't dropped at the 1.

God that friggen pissed me off. I have Westbrook too and it almost cost me going to the finals.

Fly O.T. McWall 12-17-2007 12:25 PM

i'm in the championship... playing my wife... who i picked for.

Nzoner 12-17-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Do you redraft each week of the playoffs? For instance if you have LT, Gates, Burress, Brees, etc. and they all get bounced round 1.

No but we don't have h2h in the play-offs either we go into a total score tournament.Your roster has to maintain regular season if you have that many players left but the whole idea is to score the most all thru the NFL Superbowl,and yes when it's all said and done you may only have 1-2 players during the NFL Superbowl but hopefully your other players scored well before getting bounced.

JBucc 12-17-2007 12:27 PM

I'm in mine. I finished second last year. If I don't win it this year I'm never playing FF again.

Mr. Plow 12-17-2007 12:27 PM

I will be in the championship game in one of my leagues. Of course it's the free one and not the money league. But, wife is alive and kicking as the #1 seed in the money league.

donkhater 12-17-2007 12:31 PM

Unlike most here, I'm in if Peterson scores LESS than 18.5 points and would go up against the team with Moss/Brady/NE defense.

Strangly enough, I beat them twice this year already....

ChiefsCountry 12-17-2007 12:39 PM

I'm going for the Championship.