ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The New Reciever Is (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181465)

beach tribe 03-11-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 4626068)
Croyle's got two big targets now...
And his new one can get up field...

Yea, he runs a 4.5. He gonna be smoking down the field. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have parker on the other side this guy can't stretch the field.

Sure-Oz 03-11-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 4626074)

yeah so parker can drop the long bomb and can't get much seperation as well.

I'd take a guy with a decent speed and size over parker and his 5 yard catches.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-11-2008 03:02 PM

Man, this is a great,great solid signing. Only two questions come to mind about him.

Who! and Who!

stlchiefs 03-11-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Parker had his time and didn't prove he was worth much. I'm more than willing to give someone else a shot at being more than adequate. What's the worst that could happen we don't make the playoffs?

beach tribe 03-11-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4626075)
yeah so parker can drop the long bomb and can't get much seperation as well.

I'd take a guy with a decent speed and size over parker and his 5 yard catches.

I'm not endorsing Parker. I hate that little ****er, but this guy is nothing, but another body. I don't see decent speed being a 4.52 at wr, and we are in need of a burner. We've got all the Sippios we can handle.

Simply Red 03-11-2008 03:04 PM

Mrs. Johnston always gave us Popcorn balls when we'd `trick or treat.` To me; that was different.

txhawk 03-11-2008 03:06 PM

Parker is terrible. And has been for some time. Darling is a project, no doubt. But if he is good, no one would know when the only people at QB for Baltimore have been McNair and that other jackass. I agree with stlchiefs, he was cheap, so give him a shot, what do we have to lose?

Sure-Oz 03-11-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 4626083)
I'm not endorsing Parker. I hate that little ****er, but this guy is nothing, but another body. I don't see decent speed being a 4.52 at wr, and we are in need of a burner. We've got all the Sippios we can handle.

Anyone that can push the rest of the scrubs behind Bowe is what im all about. The guy didn't look too bad last year in his short time, i say atleast give him a chance cause we aren't signing any big name guy. I'd rather see him push the others out of the water or atleast make their game or lack there of better.

beach tribe 03-11-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlchiefs (Post 4626080)
Parker had his time and didn't prove he was worth much. I'm more than willing to give someone else a shot at being more than adequate. What's the worst that could happen we don't make the playoffs?

I have no playoff asperations. I do however have a desire for a speed reciever. Now we have 4 possession recievers(although Bowe is more than that) We need a deep threat. Hopefully we'll grab one in the draft.

RustShack 03-11-2008 03:07 PM

Eric Price recruited him to play at Washington State, so our WR coach already knows him.

beach tribe 03-11-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4626091)
Anyone that can push the rest of the scrubs behind Bowe is what im all about. The guy didn't look too bad last year in his short time, i say atleast give him a chance cause we aren't signing any big name guy. I'd rather see him push the others out of the water or atleast make their game or lack there of better.

That makes sense to me.

Micjones 03-11-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Darling has a track background and has run a 4.4 in the past.
He plays faster than he times as well.

Measurables don't make football players. Get over it.

Quote:

Parker and all his speed never amounted to anything more than an average #3.

KCChiefsMan 03-11-2008 03:18 PM

never heard of him. But if he's some kind of up & comer in the league with some potential, then fine. At least we won't be pissed off if he ends up teh suck.

Bowser 03-11-2008 03:18 PM

Ed McCafferty and Rod Smith were never 4.4 guys, but they both always seemed to tear us up.

KC4EVER 03-11-2008 03:24 PM

I like this move, an under the radar guy ready to develope into his own, I think we all need to give credit to Herm for trying to find guys that are young and upcoming like he did last year with Boone.