ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ben Steins Movie - EXPELLED (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181568)

elvomito 03-13-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4629865)
Care to point out what exactly was funny about it or what exactly I'm wrong about?

you really don't get it do you?

Ultra Peanut 03-13-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvomito (Post 4630075)

lol u showed him brah

Jenson71 03-13-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4630028)
Want to teach kids something in their science classes? I've got this wacky idea called teach something scientific.

But yeah, I'm sure the judge in Kitzmiller v. Dover, who was appointed by GWB and is buddies with Rick Santorum, was just one of them lieberal activist judges who hates Jesus. How unfair, keeping the door from being opened to any ridiculous belief that has enough people who follow it to make enough noise.

A better movie to see would be that PBS show on the Dover Trial.

Jenson71 03-13-2008 08:03 PM

I'll gladly be counted as someone who didn't see anything that was so funny or ridiculous about irishjayhawk's post.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4630093)
I'll gladly be counted as someone who didn't see anything that was so funny or ridiculous about irishjayhawk's post.

The truth hurts, huh?

elvomito 03-13-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4630080)
lol u showed him brah

i wasn't being sarcastic or making a snide remark.

irishjayhawk 03-13-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvomito (Post 4630075)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 4629884)
Stop it! You're killing me!

Just like to note that, so far, both people who have stopped in to laugh at my post have not offered anything to the contrary.

It's a lot like the movie itself, really. Laugh but offer nothing but empty rhetoric and ideas.

Third Eye 03-13-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4630185)
Just like to note that, so far, both people who have stopped in to laugh at my post have not offered anything to the contrary.

It's a lot like the movie itself, really. Laugh but offer nothing but empty rhetoric and ideas.

I don't see how the rhetoric and ideas are empty. If you have a problem with the fact they duped people into appearing under false pretenses, then you have a problem with Michael Moore, Morgan Spurlock, et al.

elvomito 03-13-2008 09:51 PM

i wasn't laughing at you.
but it seems that your extreme hatred for God will lead you to lash out at anything that hints of Him, no matter how wacky it makes you look. i suppose that's the Micheal Moore correlation, although his obsession isn't God

irishjayhawk 03-13-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 4630247)
I don't see how the rhetoric and ideas are empty. If you have a problem with the fact they duped people into appearing under false pretenses, then you have a problem with Michael Moore, Morgan Spurlock, et al.

I'm not referring to that but that's a nasty thing in the first place. I'm talking about babbling about a scientific controversy. There is no controversy. And there is no "Big Science" conspiracy against "ID/Creationism".

irishjayhawk 03-13-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvomito (Post 4630257)
i wasn't laughing at you.
but it seems that your extreme hatred for God will lead you to lash out at anything that hints of Him, no matter how wacky it makes you look. i suppose that's the Micheal Moore correlation, although his obsession isn't God

I'm lashing out at a third rate movie that's got nothing but bad press. You still have done nothing to provide anybody with good press or point out where I'm wrong or the people I linked are wrong.

Rausch 03-13-2008 11:08 PM

I don't even think it's an issue in grade schools but Colleges?

Are they not supposed to be the strongest advocates of free thought and open mindedness?...

irishjayhawk 03-13-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 4630366)
I don't even think it's an issue in grade schools but Colleges?

Are they not supposed to be the strongest advocates of free thought and open mindedness?...

They are. But you cannot come in and assert that pigs can fly without having evidence for it.

At least, I think that's what you're getting at (open mindness towards ID). Correct me if I'm misreading that.

Rausch 03-14-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4630369)
They are. But you cannot come in and assert that pigs can fly without having evidence for it.

At least, I think that's what you're getting at (open mindness towards ID). Correct me if I'm misreading that.

Not at all.

Have the open debate. If the pigs don't fly allow them to fall and the students to see exactly why.

It's odd how for those who are religous it's required for some guy to say the Pig can't to earn the right to argue with some guy to say the pig can and the study of the issue is what determines faith. Reiligon.

Science will draw a conclusion. People will make up their own minds based on trial and error, theory, proofs.

What's amazing to me is that many religons are easily proven wrong but the scientific community feels insulted by having to suffer their presence...

Chiefnj2 03-14-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 4630440)
Not at all.

Have the open debate. If the pigs don't fly allow them to fall and the students to see exactly why.

It's odd how for those who are religous it's required for some guy to say the Pig can't to earn the right to argue with some guy to say the pig can and the study of the issue is what determines faith. Reiligon.

Science will draw a conclusion. People will make up their own minds based on trial and error, theory, proofs.

What's amazing to me is that many religons are easily proven wrong but the scientific community feels insulted by having to suffer their presence...

Would you feel the same way if Scientologists produced some scientists with proof of "Lronhubbard Evolution"? Should that be taught in schools?