ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***** Official KU vs Davidson NCAA Tourney Game Thread .***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182228)

milkman 03-29-2008 09:18 AM

Starting official game threads more than 24 hours before the game is really ****ing stupid.

Mr. Arrowhead 03-29-2008 09:20 AM

Davidson vs KU equals George Mason vs UCONN

ROYC75 03-29-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4655458)
Starting official game threads more than 24 hours before the game is really ****ing stupid.

Blah Blah Blah, to each his own ...........:D

Buehler445 03-29-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4655436)
If Kansas wins, I can't really remember an easier road to the final four for a team in quite some time. Not really trying to take anyway from KU, but I don't think I'm the only one here who thinks that Portland St, UNLV, Nova, and Davidson are anywhere near the level of that of UNC. If they win and UNC wins I just hope to god KU plays their A game against the Tar Heels. I mean this road easily could have been against teams like GTown, Vandy, Clemson, and Wisc.

When the brackets came out I thought KU had the easiest road to the Final 4, but I don't think anyone could have predicted the upsets that have occurred. There are many many times in the dance where the best teams don't win. That's what makes this event every year to be the biggest gambling and sports betting event, that's what makes this fun, people like to root for the underdog.

I just hope KU is ready to play. This is the last shot for them for a while I think. I know they need to first worry about DAV, but I will say this about Self if they advance. He has this and one and only chance to break away out from Roy Williams shadow at Kansas (if UNC makes it to the Final4). If he loses to Roy, I don't think he will ever break out of that shadow unless he wins a national title. I honestly think Self will have elephant tons of pressure on him to the point I bet he doesn't sleep at all this next week if it all plays out like I think it should. Roy has everything to gain and Self has everything to lose.

I never thought Georgetown was good and Wisconsin looked like a giant batch of ass yesterday. On the other hand, I almost picked Clemson to upset KU when I filled out my bracket. I'm glad I didn't (despite the fact that my bracket is ****ed).

But I agree with you. Provided KU gets by Davidson, life gets tough. Real tough. I certainly hope that KU wins it all, but UNC is looking ****ing fantastic (damnit).

Reerun_KC 03-29-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4655467)
I never thought Georgetown was good and Wisconsin looked like a giant batch of ass yesterday. On the other hand, I almost picked Clemson to upset KU when I filled out my bracket. I'm glad I didn't (despite the fact that my bracket is ****ed).

But I agree with you. Provided KU gets by Davidson, life gets tough. Real tough. I certainly hope that KU wins it all, but UNC is looking ****ing fantastic (damnit).

Just for that JB, I hope a 1000 camel flees infest your crouch!

Buehler445 03-29-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4655480)
Just for that JB, I hope a 1000 camel flees infest your crouch!

Already did.

Clemson took UNC to overtime twice. And then promply lose in the first round. Crazy tournament.

Reerun_KC 03-29-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4655510)
Already did.

Clemson took UNC to overtime twice. And then promply lose in the first round. Crazy tournament.

:clap: U get what you deserve....

Bearcat 03-29-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4655436)
If Kansas wins, I can't really remember an easier road to the final four for a team in quite some time.

When the brackets came out I thought KU had the easiest road to the Final 4, but I don't think anyone could have predicted the upsets that have occurred.

I just hope KU is ready to play. This is the last shot for them for a while I think. I know they need to first worry about DAV, but I will say this about Self if they advance. He has this and one and only chance to break away out from Roy Williams shadow at Kansas (if UNC makes it to the Final4). If he loses to Roy, I don't think he will ever break out of that shadow unless he wins a national title. I honestly think Self will have elephant tons of pressure on him to the point I bet he doesn't sleep at all this next week if it all plays out like I think it should. Roy has everything to gain and Self has everything to lose.

There's a post somewhere around here, and to my surprise, there's actually been a few other teams with just as easy or easier roads to the Final Four.

I had USC playing Kansas, with Georgetown losing to Davidson and Wisconsin losing to USC, but I didn't do my research and didn't know they are a team of all Freshmen and Sophomores. Once KSU won, I thought they had a good chance of making it to the EE. Big 10 and Big East will generally keep both teams in the game.. some call the Big East deep, I call it mediocre.

I've never really thought about Self being in Roy's shadow, and I'm not sure Self cares either. He'll be under a lot of pressure because it would be his first Final Four and it will be the last chance for at least a few years. It's not he took over for a Roy Williams that won 3 titles at Kansas or lost a bunch of times to Roy, or even has any of Roy's players.

Sure-Oz 03-29-2008 10:13 AM

Self's a great coach i wish MU would've gotten him...

Roy didn't win anything at KU so i don't see the shadow either

Skip Towne 03-29-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

If you don't some n00b will jump in there and do it. :KU: is undefeated with Roy starting our threads.

Reerun_KC 03-29-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4655534)
Self's a great coach i wish MU would've gotten him...

Roy didn't win anything at KU so i don't see the shadow either

But then what would we have done with out all the Mighty Quinns meltdowns...

Bearcat 03-29-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Yeah, who wants to talk about a game 30 hours before it happens... there are all those other things going on these days...

CoMoChief 03-29-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 4655526)
There's a post somewhere around here, and to my surprise, there's actually been a few other teams with just as easy or easier roads to the Final Four.

I had USC playing Kansas, with Georgetown losing to Davidson and Wisconsin losing to USC, but I didn't do my research and didn't know they are a team of all Freshmen and Sophomores. Once KSU won, I thought they had a good chance of making it to the EE. Big 10 and Big East will generally keep both teams in the game.. some call the Big East deep, I call it mediocre.

I've never really thought about Self being in Roy's shadow, and I'm not sure Self cares either. He'll be under a lot of pressure because it would be his first Final Four and it will be the last chance for at least a few years. It's not he took over for a Roy Williams that won 3 titles at Kansas or lost a bunch of times to Roy, or even has any of Roy's players.

My point on Roy/Self was that most of Jayhawk fans would probably have Roy as a coach (myself included) than Self, and it would really help on Selfs part to put some sort of a big **** you to all those fans by winning that game.

Hey to be honest I think Roy will always be a better coach regardless of what happens, but it would really be nice to take it to UNC. At least it would feel good.

Sure-Oz 03-29-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4655539)
But then what would we have done with out all the Mighty Quinns meltdowns...

Be very bored :p

Damn that Quinn:shake:

Reerun_KC 03-29-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4655555)
Be very bored :p

Damn that Quinn:shake:

ROFL

Sad times change huh?