ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2008 NBA Draft Lottery (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184967)

Fairplay 05-20-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760366)
Pimping season tickets? Carl would be proud.

That was really lame and cheesey. I was disgusted at him when he rattled off the number to buy tickets. He also seemed ungrateful at a number one pick, like they deserved it anyway.

dj56dt58 05-20-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 4760389)
So who should the Bulls draft? I don't know their needs. Rose or Beasley?

they need both..Hinrich is ok..but I don't think you can pass on Rose. The Bulls are young and have a lot of talent, but never seem to utilize their full potential. Rose will make that happen

Spott 05-20-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 4760389)
So who should the Bulls draft? I don't know their needs. Rose or Beasley?

IMO, they are set at the guard position. They have Hinrich, Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes who was traded from Cleveland. They have traded Curry, Chandler and Ben Wallace in the past couple of years and really don't have anybody at the 1 or 2 position that can score. They drafted Noah last year, but he isn't much of a scoring threat.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:43 PM

Now the Bulls need a coach who won't do everything in his power to destroy the rook's confidence.

Fairplay 05-20-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGridironBeast (Post 4760395)
It has all the makings of the kind of decision that could be a HUGE mistake in five years when one of the two turns into a superstar...for the Bulls sake, they better pick the right guy.

Like Greg Oden being the number one pick last year. That was a disaster.

Spott 05-20-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4760396)
That was really lame and cheesey. I was disgusted at him when he rattled off the number to buy tickets. He also seemed ungrateful at a number one pick, like they deserved it anyway.

I've always been a Bulls fan, but I've always hated the schmucks that ran the organization. I hate to say it, but basically they got lucky back in 84 when MJ fell right into their lap when Portland drafted Sam Bowie. The Jerry's alienated Pippen, MJ and Phil Jackson. And since then they have drafted worse than Carl for the most part and have traded away all of the players that would have worked out for them like Elton Brand.

Miles 05-20-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4760414)
Like Greg Oden being the number one pick last year. That was a disaster.

In the long run it may not be too bad depending on how well Oden comes back from the injury.

Mecca 05-20-2008 06:49 PM

The Bulls have to take Beasley, they need a big man badly.

No team will ever win without one....and you know what lets wait till Oden plays before we call that a bad pick.

You in todays game are alot more likely to win with Greg Oden as your centerpiece than Durant.

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4760408)
IMO, they are set at the guard position. They have Hinrich, Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes who was traded from Cleveland. They have traded Curry, Chandler and Ben Wallace in the past couple of years and really don't have anybody at the 1 or 2 position that can score. They drafted Noah last year, but he isn't much of a scoring threat.

1 and 2 are the guard positions, 4 and 5 is down low.

Miles 05-20-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4760408)

I agree. They have badly needed a low post scorer ever since they traded Brand.

Mecca 05-20-2008 06:50 PM

Also for the record, Derrick Rose game doesn't translate that well to the NBA if anyone thinks he's Chris Paul they're mistaken..

His T/O ratio isn't that great he's a blah foul shooter and he doesn't have 3 range, he needs some developing for the NBA game. He has the body and the dribble drive but the rest he has to develop if he wants to be a top notch guy.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:54 PM

Rose's court vision is overrated, he isn't going to be a Chris Paul type passer. But since the handcheck rules were eliminated, quick point guards have become impossible to keep out of the lane.

But Beasley isn't the traditional big man either, he's an undersized scoring 4. He's a taller Melo.

Spott 05-20-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4760426)
1 and 2 are the guard positions, 4 and 5 is down low.

Ha, my bad.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-20-2008 06:55 PM

lulz at the Sonics. Eat shit OKC.

Fairplay 05-20-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760425)
No team will ever win without one....and you know what lets wait till Oden plays before we call that a bad pick.

A number one pick last year and we have to wait to see him play?

That statement alone says that was a bad pick.