ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Affliction MMA Fight Card / WOW (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186980)

TrickyNicky 07-08-2008 05:39 PM

yeah, the dream cards have a lot of Minowa-man filler. but the tourney fights were mostly entertaining.

KcMizzou 07-08-2008 05:41 PM

If you're a big MMA fan, you really have to check into HDnet.

I hate to sound like a commercial, but they really do broadcast the most free MMA.

Third Eye 07-08-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4835573)
I have only seen Fedor fight on youtube, but I am so sick of nuthuggers talking about how he would kill anyone in the UFC. I am not a UFC guy, but, especially on sherdog, everyone acts like he is a God.

They said the same about CroCop, they said the same thing about Wanderlai, they said the same thing about Shogun, but they all lost to UFC guys.

However, with Tim's ability to get subbed, even when winning, and Fedor's ability to sub people, I doubt Tim has a chance.

I can understand your position, but in defense of the PRIDE guys, it's a different set of rules fought in a different setting. Further, other than Cro Cop, they all only lost their first one in the new format. Give them some time. Hell, Shogun would have won if he hadn't got caught, not to mention that it was against the new champ, and Wanderlei DESTROYED Jardin in his second fight.

On the original topic: I can't wait for this card. Best lineup I have seen in a long while.

BIG_DADDY 07-09-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 4835794)
I can understand your position, but in defense of the PRIDE guys, it's a different set of rules fought in a different setting. Further, other than Cro Cop, they all only lost their first one in the new format. Give them some time. Hell, Shogun would have won if he hadn't got caught, not to mention that it was against the new champ, and Wanderlei DESTROYED Jardin in his second fight.

On the original topic: I can't wait for this card. Best lineup I have seen in a long while.

Sooooo, different. UFC guys would have struggled to compete had they had to move. Some of the reasons it's so hard to convert and takes time are.

1. No testing in Pride.
2. Differnet rules.
3. Cage -vs- Ring
4. You have to start learning a whole new group of fighters in this different floormat. They only have to learn you.

That's just for starters.

BIG_DADDY 07-09-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4835607)
If you're a big MMA fan, you really have to check into HDnet.

I hate to sound like a commercial, but they really do broadcast the most free MMA.

Yea it rocks. Great fights from all over.

TrickyNicky 07-09-2008 12:47 PM

You can't use circular logic in MMA. It's easy to say that because Fedor beat CroCop and Nog, Sylvia doesn't have a chance. But it just isn't the case.

Chiefnj2 07-09-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 4837209)
Sooooo, different. UFC guys would have struggled to compete had they had to move. Some of the reasons it's so hard to convert and takes time are.

1. No testing in Pride.
2. Differnet rules.
3. Cage -vs- Ring
4. You have to start learning a whole new group of fighters in this different floormat. They only have to learn you.

That's just for starters.

Doesn't Pride have the same rules as UFC now that they were bought out?

BIG_DADDY 07-09-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 4837553)
Doesn't Pride have the same rules as UFC now that they were bought out?

There really is no more Pride. They went with UFC rules there was no compromise. Their fighters all had to adjust.

raybec 4 07-09-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 4835794)

I disagree that Shogun would have won if he hadn't got caught. He was completely gassed and was losing the fight when he tapped. Griffin had won both of the first two rounds and had dominant position for a good part of the 3rd. I do however think Shogun's conditioning was why he lost certainly not a lack of talent.

raybec 4 07-09-2008 01:58 PM

I read that the first hour is going to be broadcast on FSN for free, including the Vitor fight.

Third Eye 07-09-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 4837638)
I disagree that Shogun would have won if he hadn't got caught. He was completely gassed and was losing the fight when he tapped. Griffin had won both of the first two rounds and had dominant position for a good part of the 3rd. I do however think Shogun's conditioning was why he lost certainly not a lack of talent.

I only watched it once, and at a bar unfortunately, but in my memory I had Shogun winning the first 2 and Forest winning the 3rd even before the sub. Anyone got a link to where I could watch this again?

Third Eye 07-09-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 4837650)
I only watched it once, and at a bar unfortunately, but in my memory I had Shogun winning the first 2 and Forest winning the 3rd even before the sub. Anyone got a link to where I could watch this again?

So after re-watching I have decided that my memories were wrong, Forest was definitely winning.