ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Whitlock: Chiefs hope money doesn’t go to Dorsey’s head (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187950)

HolyHandgernade 07-27-2008 10:03 AM

I think the premise is good, but I just don't get that bad feeling with Dorsey. Dorsey just strikes me as a man who loves to play football. I remember watching a pregame clip where he was pumping up his team with chants and stuff. I think he's the type of player that lives to be great, he isn't just measurables like Sims was. I agree that the rookie draft contrcts are out of whack, but I have little reason to fear the money wasn't well spent despite it.

-HH

Coogs 07-27-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 4871996)
I hate when guys are considered possible "busts" like he did to turk and tank. They've played one F'n year so far. We will know alot more after this season as they both should make contributions. If Tank can't beat out Ron Edwards this year I may agree with his point though.

I don't understand the defensive line positions that well to know the difference in the jobs of a LDT and a RDT in the 4-3 scheme, but it appears they want to have Tyler and Dorsey play the same position for when they do the rotation of linemen thing. That could be a good thing, if that is the position where you don't want a real drop off in talent when the backups are in.

Thig Lyfe 07-27-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Chief (Post 4871899)
My problems with this $hitlock piece:

1. The subject matter of it is at least 5 years too late.

2. While we don't know how this is going to pan out this season or 4 seasons from now, we do at least know that Dorsey proved himself worthy of a #5 pick in spring OTAs. In other words: If Dorsey becomes a bust, the blame would be on him for becoming rich and turning soft, rather than on CP for a lack of eye for talent since Dorsey's shown his extremely high level of talent and skills prior to signing.

You no is verry gud at reedin'.

jlscorpio 07-27-2008 10:29 AM

I think we can take some comfort in the fact that the first thing GlennDor said to Clark was..."I promise I'll work hard"

Pasta Little Brioni 07-27-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 4872013)
I don't understand the defensive line positions that well to know the difference in the jobs of a LDT and a RDT in the 4-3 scheme, but it appears they want to have Tyler and Dorsey play the same position for when they do the rotation of linemen thing. That could be a good thing, if that is the position where you don't want a real drop off in talent when the backups are in.

Doh, that is right Tank is supposed to be Dorsey's back up this year. I recall reading that somewhere now that you mention it. Well if he can't give us some solid rotational play, I may agree with his statement :D

teedubya 07-27-2008 10:36 AM

THe NFL really needs to change this shit... the holdouts are ridiculous, and the contracts do create a rift in the lockerroom.

He is making MORE than Gonzalez has ever made... that shit is ludicrous.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-27-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 4872056)
THe NFL really needs to change this shit... the holdouts are ridiculous, and the contracts do create a rift in the lockerroom.

He is making MORE than Gonzalez has ever made... that shit is ludicrous.

Yep and once the vets get really fed up with these guys making more, you will see more of them holding out for more cash, so they aren't being paid less than some rook.

kcsam07 07-27-2008 10:40 AM

whitlock

god i hate this guy everything he posts is negative its never positive!! i mean how can u call tank and turk busts my god its been 1 freaking year!! his last name should be witless not whitlock:rolleyes:

Boon 07-27-2008 10:44 AM

It's bullshit he makes more than TG.

These rookie contracts are ridiculous.
Maybe the first few years should be a base play plus incentives.
And the base pay is the same for all rookies.

milkman 07-27-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 4872063)
god i hate this guy everything he posts is negative its never positive!! i mean how can u call tank and turk busts my god its been 1 freaking year!! his last name should be witless not whitlock:rolleyes:

Witless!

That's brilliant!

I bet nobody ever thought of that before!

kcsam07 07-27-2008 11:17 AM

sarcasm

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4872106)
Witless!

That's brilliant!

I bet nobody ever thought of that before!

i sense some sarcasm correct?????/:)

milkman 07-27-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 4872115)
i sense some sarcasm correct?????/:)

Must have purchased that sarcasm meter when you signed up.

blueballs 07-27-2008 11:40 AM

Now Tony G knows how Marcus Allen felt
young punk ass basketball player ain't proved shit

FAX 07-27-2008 12:21 PM

I don't really care if the money goes to his head as long as it doesn't go to his stomach.

Dorsey The Disruptor needs to stay in 50 million dollar shape for the next 5 years.

FAX

Chiefaholic 07-27-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 4871996)
I hate when guys are considered possible "busts" like he did to turk and tank. They've played one F'n year so far. We will know alot more after this season as they both should make contributions. If Tank can't beat out Ron Edwards this year I may agree with his point though.

Tank and Turk will benefit from playing next to a player the caliber of Dorsey.