ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Glen Dorsey and Brandon Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188070)

Groves 07-29-2008 08:22 AM

Hali Beats Albert
Optimist: Hali is awesome!
Pessimist: Albert's a bust!

Albert Beats Hali
Optimist: Albert's the man!
Pessimist: Hali and his bloody nose sucks!

They're evenly matched
Optimist: They're both great, and battling it out!
Pessimist: They both suck!

blueballs 07-29-2008 08:28 AM

Glenda Dorsey and Brandy Albert
Burnt Flowers and Brokendown Carr
damn i need 8 more

DaKCMan AP 07-29-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 4875957)
Well they know more than those of us not at camp right now. Keep an eye on the first few pages here, if there's something important enough to know, somebody will start a thread about it here. We're all craving more info. Especially about the young blonde girl at camp. When a good pic is posted, we'll likely be talking about it for a while.

FYP

CosmicPal 07-29-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 4876021)

“Guys follow what I do,” Johnson says between training camp sessions Monday. “They can learn from what I do and as far as what I can do on the football field. That’s what they should be following.”

Just great. So none of our running backs are going to stay back and block, and refuse to catch passes out of the backfield?

Sorry L.J., you may be a great runner, but don't be a mentor until you can do it all, and do it unselfishly. Please.

Consistent1 07-29-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 4876104)
Don't be surprised if Tank Tyler looks better early on this year than Dorsey. People will probably be calling him a bust during preseason but it typically takes several years for a D-tackle to become dominant.

You make a good point. I don't see Dorsey just coming right out and kicking ass. It seems to me that there will indeed be people calling him a bust. He will be a good player at some point, maybe even great, but no reason to go crazy with the expectations. He signed for a lot of cash, which will kill some people's patience with him.

Chiefnj2 07-29-2008 12:39 PM

Right now the young guys are being taught new techniques and movement. I'm sure Dorsey is trying to replicate what the coaches are teaching him rather than just playing and going after the ball. It takes time.

shitgoose 07-29-2008 01:12 PM

From what I have seen/read/heard is that Dorsey is out of shape which might lend to him getting pushed around by some of the "lesser" o-linemen on the roster.

ChiefaRoo 07-29-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 4877014)
From what I have seen/read/heard is that Dorsey is out of shape which might lend to him getting pushed around by some of the "lesser" o-linemen on the roster.

You named yourself shitgoose?

WTF?

Neg rep

PastorMikH 07-29-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 4876145)
You know that's got to happen when you're going up against your own team. Someone will win a battle and someone will lose. It doesn't mean someone is good and someone else isn't. I guess what you'd like to see is sometimes the D wins and sometimes the O wins.

I'm kinda more thinking that over the last several years we have heard how one of our squads is really excelling while going against each other, but then when we are playing everyone else, both squads suck. Its just that one squad sucks worse than the other. So I don't get my hopes up anymore based on inter-squad play.

Thursday will be interesting when they meet up with the Vikings. Rational thinking says I hope Allen doesn't kill Croyle. Hopefull thinking says I hope Albert man-handles Allen.

blueballs 07-29-2008 01:39 PM

at the price they paid
Allen to valuable to risk the injury

shitgoose 07-29-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 4877057)
You named yourself shitgoose?

WTF?

Neg rep

You named yourself ChiefaRoo?

I assume that "Neg Rep" stands for negative reputation. Why would that give me a negative reputation? Please explain your reasoning while bashing my name. Isn't this a thread having to do with Albert and Dorsey? If you wanna talk about my name then start a thread called "You named yourself Shigoose WTF Neg Rep" and we can talk about it there

Chiefshrink 07-29-2008 02:53 PM

Not to worry

They are adjusting to the speed of the pro game as well as their cardio shape going from college to pro. The pre-season games to watch their progression is games 3 and 4. At that point we will see if they are holding their own. They don't need to be dominate at this point although it would be nice just holding their own IMO. By mid-season we will know whether they will be 1. Bust(i.e. Sims) 2. Holding own with potential to be good (i.e.Waters) 3. Good with potential to be GREAT (i.e. Roaf, John Henderson). Remember it took John Henderson a couple of years to be a full dominating tackle for the Titans. Be patient!!:hmmm:

beach tribe 07-29-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 4877439)
They are adjusting to the speed of the pro game as well as their cardio shape going from college to pro. The pre-season games to watch their progression is games 3 and 4. At that point we will see if they are holding their own. They don't need to be dominate at this point although it would be nice just holding their own IMO. By mid-season we will know whether they will be 1. Bust(i.e. Sims) 2. Holding own with potential to be good (i.e.Waters) 3. Good with potential to be GREAT (i.e. Roaf, John Henderson). Remember it took John Henderson a couple of years to be a full dominating tackle for the Titans. Be patient!!:hmmm:

You mean it took that long for Haynesworth, or Henderson of the Jags?

blueballs 07-29-2008 04:26 PM

Chiefaroo attacking n00bs like skip
good enough excuse to start drinking

ChiefaRoo 07-29-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 4877680)
Chiefaroo attacking n00bs like skip
good enough excuse to start drinking

I'm not attacking. I am simply correcting an action like one would a young child. :)