ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL teams implement fan code of conduct (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188588)

Redrum_69 08-06-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4895650)
Everyone swears at football games and everyone knows that, if you're children can't handle hearing some swear words don't take them.......yes I know some people shelter their kids from everything cause hearing someone say **** has to be scarring.

have you posted any more pics of your girlfriend from dumpstersluts?

seclark 08-06-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69 (Post 4895682)
What about the cheerleaders?

we can give the batteries to them to chuck out on the field.
sec

kcfanXIII 08-06-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Everyone swears at football games and everyone knows that, if you're children can't handle hearing some swear words don't take them.......yes I know some people shelter their kids from everything cause hearing someone say **** has to be scarring.

while i agree to a point, i think a middle ground can be found. i do my best to watch my language, but every now and again, i might need to let the ref know he's a son of a bitch, and i've been known to drop an f bomb or two. especially watching this team. sorry, but if i can curtail my swearing to a few times per game, you can do your best to be understanding when i slip.

bogey 08-06-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

There's a BIG difference between swearing and being belligerent. When some drunk asshole can't contain himself and is being belligerent, it bugs me too. Maybe if he gets thrown out, or realizes that if he can't control himself there will be ramifications, he'll practice a little control. I don't swear in front of my child. I literally never have. I'm sure she gets plenty of that at school, from her friends and on TV. That doesn't mean I have to condone it and I don't, and it doesn't mean I'm sheltering her either.

El Jefe 08-06-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 4895463)
Someone needs to read this to people, as they are entering the games in Oakland.

These people obviously have never been to a Cleveland Browns game, good Luck with those fans. The smart Browns fans don't attend the games.

bogey 08-06-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 4895463)
Someone needs to read this to people, as they are entering the games in Oakland.

It is literally dangerous to go to an Oakland game in a Chiefs shirt or cap. :shake:

Rain Man 08-06-2008 04:53 PM

If the league wants me to stop cursing, the league needs to get Carl Peterson the f*** out of Kansas City.

underEJ 08-06-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 4895855)
It is literally dangerous to go to an Oakland game in a Chiefs shirt or cap. :shake:

I've done it many times, and it's always just fine. I even ride BART there and back sometimes. They are not as scary as they pretend to be. One time, I had a burger thrown at me, but it missed and everybody mocked the guy who threw it, not me.

little jacob 08-06-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 4895697)
while i agree to a point, i think a middle ground can be found. i do my best to watch my language, but every now and again, i might need to let the ref know he's a son of a bitch, and i've been known to drop an f bomb or two. especially watching this team. sorry, but if i can curtail my swearing to a few times per game, you can do your best to be understanding when i slip.

The ref can't hear you.

i understand that in a large group of people there will be some miscreants but I don't understand why it has to cross over into F bombs. 80,000 people booing has the same effect on the ref and the players and such, and is at the same time sensitive to kids who might be around. why isn't booing enough?

bogey 08-06-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 4895923)
I've done it many times, and it's always just fine. I even ride BART there and back sometimes. They are not as scary as they pretend to be. One time, I had a burger thrown at me, but it missed and everybody mocked the guy who threw it, not me.

I've been to San Diego several times, Minnesota and Arizona without incident. I went to Oakland once several years ago and it was not fun at all. We won which added to the tension. Never again.

bogey 08-06-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little jacob (Post 4895928)
The ref can't hear you.

i understand that in a large group of people there will be some miscreants but I don't understand why it has to cross over into F bombs. 80,000 people booing has the same effect on the ref and the players and such, and is at the same time sensitive to kids who might be around. why isn't booing enough?

I agree. I use the F bomb when I'm hanging out with my buddies. But if there are strangers around (child or adult) I quell it.