ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc OMG Sprint FINALLY starting to get it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188654)

petegz28 08-07-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4897395)
How is that new Instinct Phone doing for Sprint? Ive heard some good things about it.

It's kicking ass. Best Buy said it has been their best selling phone in 2 years.

CoMoChief 08-07-2008 10:19 AM

**** Sprint,

Sincerely,
Everyone in the world that has or has had Sprint.

Anyong Bluth 08-07-2008 10:24 AM

Waiting on the Diamond or the HTC Touch Pro.

Is it still coming out Sept 2nd....

BTW, I like Sprint and their service has been great. Yes CS has sucked and I'd have to call a bunch to get shit handled but I'm usually a 1 time a year issue customer.

BUT, I just finished up my contract that they gave me "discount" pricing on some services, and on this months bill I noticed they removed those discounts!? WHY THE HELL would they do that- I get the idea to lock people in for another contract, but all you're doing is making me notice I'm out of contract and pissing me off that I have to deal with this instead of just going about my daily business and having my bill paid in full every month- automatically!!

Now, I might as well look around and see what services are offering, b/c I'm not real excited about the fact that I'm paying like an extra $40 bucks a month b/c I'm "out of contract" and Sprint doesn't have any new phones I want yet out?

The Bad Guy 08-07-2008 10:24 AM

Do you still have to sign up for the everything plan to get the Instinct?

I have a grandfathered plan that isn't available anymore and I don't want to lose that. That's the only thing preventing me from getting the Instinct.

The Bad Guy 08-07-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement (Post 4897428)
Waiting on the Diamond or the HTC Touch Pro.

Is it still coming out Sept 2nd....

I have the Mogul right now.

I haven't even heard of either phone.

R&GHomer 08-07-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4897395)
How is that new Instinct Phone doing for Sprint? Ive heard some good things about it.

Absolutely fantastic, the instinct is flying off the shelves. It's kind of funny because we as employee's can't get them yet... lol and Hesse when asked when they would be available he jokingly said not any time soon.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-07-2008 10:29 AM

Sprint has improved ten fold in the last year. I'm no longer being overbilled and charged for shit I flat out don't use. Of course, they did increase the cost of my plan by 45%. It hasn't affected me yet, but as soon as I need to make any additions whatsoever, I'm ****ed and will drop them. My plan went from 89.99 to 129.99. Same. ****ing. Plan. Can I just go back to being overcharged? That's a huge increase in one shot.

R&GHomer 08-07-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 4897429)
Do you still have to sign up for the everything plan to get the Instinct?

I have a grandfathered plan that isn't available anymore and I don't want to lose that. That's the only thing preventing me from getting the Instinct.

I may be wrong, but I think so. I'm not sure what all your old plan is offering you, but the everything plan is the best thing going, IMHO.

journeyscarab 08-07-2008 10:37 AM

We are kicking ass!

petegz28 08-07-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 4897443)
Sprint has improved ten fold in the last year. I'm no longer being overbilled and charged for shit I flat out don't use. Of course, they did increase the cost of my plan by 45%. It hasn't affected me yet, but as soon as I need to make any additions whatsoever, I'm ****ed and will drop them. My plan went from 89.99 to 129.99. Same. ****ing. Plan. Can I just go back to being overcharged? That's a huge increase in one shot.

You can switch to the $99 plan even if you are in a current contract. Switch to the Simply Everything plan and be done with it. It's only $10 more than you were paying and $30 less than you are now.

Mr. Plow 08-07-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4897367)
Take it in and have it updated..or have you done that? Tell them you want the firmware upgraded. There are "known" issues with phones just like software and updates come out all the time. It is not widely know and most people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them to take their phone in and get it updated.

You might be able to do it online but I would take it in. If it is something that happens regularly show them what you are talking about. If they give you shit tell me or Phish.

Actually, I have done that.....twice actually. I don't think this is a Sprint issue at all to be honest.

I have the HTC Mogul. Great phone. But about 3 weeks ago, the damn thing just started randomly locking up on me. Reset it, would work fine for awhile, then lock up again.

Took it in to do the first update to the ROM. Everything went fine. Phone worked ok for the next week or so. I checked back on their (HTC) website - said that I needed to update again to a newer ROM. Which I did myself....which I somehow freaking manage to delete all my contacts when doing the Sync....oh well, I have them somewhere else just in case.

After the second update, it was really hard to boot. Would go to one spot, lock up. I reboot, it would go a little further, lock up, reboot. It literally took me 30-45 minutes just to get the damn thing booted.

For the past day, it's been working pretty well. Until today. Just started randomly locking up again. Since 8am, I've had to reboot from a lockup 7 times....at least.

I'm going to take it back in today to see what they can do.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-07-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4897465)
You can switch to the $99 plan even if you are in a current contract. Switch to the Simply Everything plan and be done with it. It's only $10 more than you were paying and $30 less than you are now.

Except my plan is a family plan. So I'd have to pay $99x2. I want the instinct, you can guess why I can't get it. I'm not paying $200 a month for cell phones. Plus, I lose my 27% company discount if I switch to the All Everything plan. I fear my time with Sprint will come to an end soon over this. I'm not paying the 129.99 right now. But when I try to change my phone, or add a service, they'll make me change my plan. I've been with them for 3 years, but I have a feeling I won't make it to 4. I change phones like most folks change socks.

Mr. Plow 08-07-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 4897430)
I have the Mogul right now.

I haven't even heard of either phone.

Had any issues with yours?

petegz28 08-07-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4897471)
Actually, I have done that.....twice actually. I don't think this is a Sprint issue at all to be honest.

I have the HTC Mogul. Great phone. But about 3 weeks ago, the damn thing just started randomly locking up on me. Reset it, would work fine for awhile, then lock up again.

Took it in to do the first update to the ROM. Everything went fine. Phone worked ok for the next week or so. I checked back on their (HTC) website - said that I needed to update again to a newer ROM. Which I did myself....which I somehow freaking manage to delete all my contacts when doing the Sync....oh well, I have them somewhere else just in case.

After the second update, it was really hard to boot. Would go to one spot, lock up. I reboot, it would go a little further, lock up, reboot. It literally took me 30-45 minutes just to get the damn thing booted.

For the past day, it's been working pretty well. Until today. Just started randomly locking up again. Since 8am, I've had to reboot from a lockup 7 times....at least.

I'm going to take it back in today to see what they can do.

Yea that's a flakey phone.

petegz28 08-07-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 4897476)
Except my plan is a family plan. So I'd have to pay $99x2. I want the instinct, you can guess why I can't get it. I'm not paying $200 a month for cell phones. Plus, I lose my 27% company discount if I switch to the All Everything plan. I fear my time with Sprint will come to an end soon over this. I'm not paying the 129.99 right now. But when I try to change my phone, or add a service, they'll make me change my plan. I've been with them for 3 years, but I have a feeling I won't make it to 4. I change phones like most folks change socks.

I'd be curious to know where you will end up cheaper and get the same network speed and such? I don't price watch but I know ATT bends me dad over for his Iphone crap. And their network sucks ass.