ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Good, Bad, Ugly (proof of dumbassery) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189710)

irishjayhawk 08-24-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 4940942)
Savage let his impatience to make a play cloud his judgement because everyone knows by the time they get to middle school football let alone high school football that you let the ball go if it is inside the 10. And you know he knows this. I give him a pass and praise him for wanting to make a play.

It's funny. You either stand out or you get cut. But if you try to stand out and you make a mistake it's worse than not standing out.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4940935)
Also, the Chiefs Television Network is one of the shoddiest productions I've seen from a professional sports team.

It's atrocious.

The mere fact that you'd expect otherwise means you haven't been paying attention.

:p

leviw 08-24-2008 12:19 AM

I love how the "local media" always sucks. Like you sit at your computers and read newspaper articles and watch news clips from the other media outlets covering the other 31 NFL teams to see what's good and bad compared to the Chiefs coverage. Hilarious.

FAX 08-24-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4940947)
It's funny. You either stand out or you get cut. But if you try to stand out and you make a mistake it's worse than not standing out.

What was the score at that point in the game? If it was 17 to 0 or something, I don't think Herm will hold it against him.

FAX

irishjayhawk 08-24-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4940948)
The mere fact that you'd expect otherwise means you haven't been paying attention.

:p

Very true.

GM: Shitty
Team: Shitty and has needed a rebuild for a long time.
Television production: Shitty x45

irishjayhawk 08-24-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw (Post 4940950)
I love how the "local media" always sucks. Like you sit at your computers and read newspaper articles and watch news clips from the other media outlets covering the other 31 NFL teams to see what's good and bad compared to the Chiefs coverage. Hilarious.

Umm, why does comparison make it any better or worse?

It sucks regardless of what other teams have.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Where do you live?

I live in Los Angeles and sad to say, the local coverage here kicks the living shit out of the KC Media.

In fact, most of the old ****ers on TV and Radio there have been on since I left in 1993. And they STILL suck.

Jack Harry can go can **** himself, along with Don Fortune, KK, Leabo and all the other negative, overpaid pricks.

Teicher deserves a special place in hell for his pathetic, junior high school reporting.

On second thought, maybe he's already found it. :evil:

FAX 08-24-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

I can only compare it to other cities in which I've lived, Mr. leviw. I have (albeit admittedly limited) access to the KC media via the internet and, in my opinion, it's simply not as professional as other major markets. What I mean by that is the team, player, and coach interview questions, for example, are shallow as opposed to probing and insightful, the newspaper articles always carry an agenda (either pro or con) that is highly transparent, and the radio guys are, for the most part, complete idiots and morons of the first magnitude.

FAX

Chiefshrink 08-24-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4940947)

Sometimes it happens that way,let's hope the Chiefs give him a pass.:thumb:

irishjayhawk 08-24-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4940958)
Where do you live?

I live in Los Angeles and sad to say, the local coverage here kicks the living shit out of the KC Media.

In fact, most of the old ****ers on TV and Radio there have been on since I left in 1993. And they STILL suck.

Jack Harry can go can **** himself, along with Don Fortune, KK, Leabo and all the other negative, overpaid pricks.

Teicher deserves a special place in hell for his pathetic, junior high school reporting.

Especially on those two names. Holy hell, I don't know how they have a job.

leviw 08-24-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4940958)
Where do you live?

Well no shit. The LA market has better media coverage than KC? The nation's, what?, second biggest market compared to, what? the 43rd? Yeah, shocking development there.

Also shocking that sports talk radio guys piss you off. So basically, they do their job. They take a stance on an issue, more often than not the opposite one of their listeners hold, and discuss it and defend it. In turn, they get high ratings. In turn, they get paid for doing their job well.

Adam Teicher is considered to be one of the best nuts-and-bolts NFL beat reporters in the business.

leviw 08-24-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4940962)
I can only compare it to other cities in which I've lived, Mr. leviw. I have (albeit admittedly limited) access to the KC media via the internet and, in my opinion, it's simply not as professional as other major markets. What I mean by that is the team, player, and coach interview questions, for example, are shallow as opposed to probing and insightful, the newspaper articles always carry an agenda (either pro or con) that is highly transparent, and the radio guys are, for the most part, complete idiots and morons of the first magnitude.

FAX

Player and coach questions are a double-edged sword. If you're a dick, and ask probing questions all the time, you're not going to get player and coach interviews. If you do ask them, everyone in the locker room thinks you're a dick, and the team's fans think you're too hard on the team when things are going well. Shallow interview questions, especially this time of year, aren't unique. There's only so many things to write about coming out of training camp, and only so many things coaches and players are going to talk about.

And funny thing about the "agendas" carried by the newspaper articles: Those are only found by fans of the team the articles are written about.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw (Post 4940976)
Well no shit. The LA market has better media coverage than KC? The nation's, what?, second biggest market compared to, what? the 43rd? Yeah, shocking development there.

Also shocking that sports talk radio guys piss you off. So basically, they do their job. They take a stance on an issue, more often than not the opposite one of their listeners hold, and discuss it and defend it. In turn, they get high ratings. In turn, they get paid for doing their job well.

Adam Teicher is considered to be one of the best nuts-and-bolts NFL beat reporters in the business.

What the **** ever.

Considered by WHOM?

Great radio personalities are ****ing ill-informed pricks who got their card 30 years ago? Great radio personalities a negative ****tards 24-7?

No. At some point, great radio personalities are at some point, actually GREAT.

Apparently, you can't read, Levi. Jack Harry has been doing his same schtick since I was a teenager. Frank Boal interviewed ME for a high-school football game, and he was a worthless journalist then.

Go ahead and settle for bullshit.

I, for one, know the difference.

I'm sorry that you DON'T.

BigRock 08-24-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw (Post 4940976)

His mom's opinion doesn't count.

FAX 08-24-2008 12:38 AM

I don't know, Mr. leviw. With all respect, that KK person is an absolute tool. He may be attempting to drive up his own ratings in order to sell advertising, but he's doing the team or the fans no favors. Considering his position, his schtick is destructive, lame, and uninformed, in my opinion.

I've mentioned this before, but he wouldn't be able to do that stuff in Nashville. Mainly because the same companies who are the largest advertisers on the sports stations are, for the most part, also the largest supporters of the Tacks. They'd run him out of town for demeaning the team to the extent he does. A fair analysis includes both the bad and the good. All I've heard from him for the last year (well, until I stopped listening) is negativity for the most part.

FAX