ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***OFFICIAL*** High School Football Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190023)

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4953218)
How did all that talent get into Lee's Summit? North and Lee's Summit never were powerhouses at all.

Lee's Summit parents, officials and boosters were tired of getting their butts kicked by the Blue Springs teams and wanted to play with the big boys so when the new school opened up they decided to do something different. Private fundraisers and a charitable board to raise money for the football program.

They have some really rich people that live in the district and wanted a first class football program to go with the districts highly rated academics. LSW football has state of the art training facilities. Their weight room is a massive as any clubs. They have 13 that’s right 13 paid football coaches on staff. 2 professional and certified trainers on staff and at every practrice. 3 football fields with goal posts to practice on. State of the art practice sleds, shoulder pads, helmets etc..

They will travel to away games on charted greyhound buses. The players all have matching equipment bags etc. LSW will eventually have facilities just like Rockhurst and Blue Springs . All paid for with private money.

The charity had an auction fundraiser a couple of weeks ago. They raised $27,000 in one night for the football program. My wife even won a ½ carat diamond in a raffle.

Valiant 08-28-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4953218)
True. But just to play devil's advocate - Mizzou started 4 offensive lineman from Class 1 schools last year. But yeah a big school would be alot better shot for sure. How did all that talent get into Lee's Summit? North and Lee's Summit never were powerhouses at all.

Probably with some private fund raising money that went into the parents pocket to move up there.. Hell with the housing market right now, a house could have a nice down payment on it...

If a school will spend 100's of thousands of dollars on football they will spend money on paying players parents to transfer there..

Prometheus 08-28-2008 12:32 PM

Go Blue Springs!

Dartgod 08-28-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953125)
...and our final 3 district games are at Belton, Raymore Peculiar at home...

Belton is sooo going to kick your ass! :p

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prometheus (Post 4953255)
Go Blue Springs!

Your going down tommorrow.%(/

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4953259)
Belton is sooo going to kick your ass! :p

I thought you were a closet LSW fan?

Dartgod 08-28-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953261)
I thought you were a closet LSW fan?

Yeah, somewhat. Some good friends son started at center for a couple of years. I grew up in LS too.

But my nephew started at RG for Belton last year, so by default I'm rooting for Belton over LSW.

Phobia 08-28-2008 12:43 PM

Our staff will be covering the BS/LSW game Friday night. Zach is our photog and Mr. Cayhill and myself will be between the sidelines/press box to cover the action. Should be a lot of fun.

Prometheus 08-28-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953260)
Your going down tommorrow.%(/

Pretty ironic that I'll be cheering against the Titans tomorrow night. LOL

Skip Towne 08-28-2008 12:52 PM

Three Tulsa schools in the top 12. All ahead of the KC schools. But it looks like the KC schools are finally learning how to cheat. Jenks and Union have it down to an art form.

POND_OF_RED 08-28-2008 12:53 PM

Anyone know how Blue Springs looks this year? I heard they have a pretty good running back but that's all I know. Might have to go check the game out tomorrow just to watch a bit of football. I haven't even seen the new field yet. I'm also interested in watching Dalton Sunday. Sucks they didn't have the old Blue Springs-Rockhurst games on national TV like that. That rivalry was something else. Sad to see Blue Springs has fallen off the past few years.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 4953251)
Probably with some private fund raising money that went into the parents pocket to move up there.. Hell with the housing market right now, a house could have a nice down payment on it...

If a school will spend 100's of thousands of dollars on football they will spend money on paying players parents to transfer there..

I'm a member of the Dad's club which has a lot of those rich Dad's in the club. I don't think thats happening at LSW. One reason is education.

A couple of months ago Money magazine declared the Lee's Summit school district the 7th best district in the nation.

Example....The top Divsion 1 recruit mentioned above is Catholic. His Dad has money. In the past he would have went to Rockhurst but because of the acedemics in the district he stayed at LSW.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4953274)
Our staff will be covering the BS/LSW game Friday night. Zach is our photog and Mr. Cayhill and myself will be between the sidelines/press box to cover the action. Should be a lot of fun.

Where in the hell is my press pass!:cuss:

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4953274)

LSW lost their top RB due to a broken leg at the scrimmage last week against Exclsior Springs. Their stud LB is suspended for the game because he got caught chewing tobacco. Going to see how deep they really are against Blue Springs.

Zman 08-28-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953148)
Blue Springs South vs. Rockhurst on ESPN (the main channel) at 11:00 am Saturday. Thats pretty big time.

The game is Sunday at 11:00