ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs QB by Committee? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191361)

Reerun_KC 09-12-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 5007547)
I like it..Croyle isn't gonna cut it,(Yes this is true) too injury prone..Im guessing Damon isn't the qb of the future...might as well see what Thigpen has

Huard isnt the past, present or future at QB for the Chiefs...

Any snaps he take is just another wasted play for the franchise... :shake:

JuicesFlowing 09-12-2008 09:49 PM

Does it really matter which QB throws the 3 yard pass? (Post intended for Herm and Gailey to read) ...

Reerun_KC 09-12-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 5011187)
Does it really matter which QB throws the 3 yard pass? (Post intended for Herm and Gailey to read) ...

Herm doesnt have the internet.....

KCJohnny 09-12-2008 10:00 PM

Gailey will have this O getting 320+ YPG/20+ PPG by December. You watch.

JuicesFlowing 09-12-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5011246)
Gailey will have this O getting 320+ YPG/20+ PPG by December. You watch.

I actually believed that in preseason. Not so much now that games "count."

KCJohnny 09-12-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 5011265)
I actually believed that in preseason. Not so much now that games "count."

We gained 284 and should have scored 17 on the road against the best team in the NFL over the past 7 years. That was with 6 rookies in the lineup. Its only going to improve, guys. We will get a big lift this week as we beat Oaktown at Arrowhead.

My prediction is that someone unexpected is going to step up and make a big contribution this year. Cottam? Charles? Franklin? Darling? Savage? Flowers?

Maybe someone even further down on the depth chart than that.

Thigpen?

:shrug:

JuicesFlowing 09-12-2008 10:21 PM

I'm hoping the "game plan" against N.E. was specified. I have read that Chan likes to take what is given, so to speak, no "set" plans ... If I see the same boring plays this sunday against the Black Souls I will be asking for the KC Wolf to be OC .. surely he can come up with something creative?

KCJohnny 09-12-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 5011321)
I'm hoping the "game plan" against N.E. was specified. I have read that Chan likes to take what is given, so to speak, no "set" plans ... If I see the same boring plays this sunday against the Black Souls I will be asking for the KC Wolf to be OC .. surely he can come up with something creative?

We will run for 175 yds against Oakland and probably get 2-3 takeaways. After getting trounced by the donx last week, the idea of going into Arrowhead is probably not very appealing right now. Gailey > Solari, so I think we win this one handily. As you mentioned about Gailey's flexibility, I would look for Huard's audibles to play a key role as well.

Red Brooklyn 09-13-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 5011321)

Or since they like doing everything by committee, maybe they'll try coaching by committee! Rotate 'em around. Mix it up.

OR! To attract bigger houses for home games, maybe we do coaching by lottery.

"Would the lucky fan seating in Section 239, Row 1, Seat 7 please report to the coach's both... you get to be OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE GAME!!"

ChiefaRoo 09-13-2008 10:27 AM

KC has no QB when Croyle and his vag. are broken so it's a moot point.

BigMeatballDave 09-13-2008 10:39 AM

:rolleyes::spock:
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5007588)
Huard will be in there to actually score TDs.

ROFL

BigMeatballDave 09-13-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5008128)
I hope Huard gets hurt.. not seriously, but enough to come off the field so Thigpen or Martin can emerge.

I'm in favor of this.

KCJohnny 09-13-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5012124)
:rolleyes::spock:ROFL

You have nothing to back your opinion up with other than Smilies.

That's deep.

Reerun_KC 09-13-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5011434)
I would look for Huard's audibles to play a key role as well.

What the hell is he going to audible to? More check downs... He didnt earn that name with out a reason!

ROFL My guess is something that displays the wobble launcher 2.0 for DownField BigQuitter...

KCJohnny 09-13-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5012167)
What the hell is he going to audible to? More check downs... He didnt earn that name with out a reason!

ROFL My guess is something that displays the wobble launcher 2.0 for DownField BigQuitter...

I feel so sorry for conformists regurgitating the Planet Party Line. Huard's % of passes of 20+ yards are among the NFL's best. But please, by all means, play to the majority of Chiefs Planet posters who glibly fall in line with like assertions and remain divorced from the actual facts. Whatever the Chiefs problems may be, they cannot be attributed to the play of Damon Huard.