ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dear, Vikings: Thanks for our quarterback; Sincerely, Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197822)

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-04-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269329)
Oh baby; that is one laundry list full of Wrong.

You can't handicap the running game by working out of the shotgun all day. I'm a fan of Thigpen, but this is just scary stupid.

Shuddup Moron!

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus (Post 5269349)
It works, obviously. Not only does it work for us, but it has worked for other teams in the past. Why are you complaining? If Herm says he is willing to change his offensive philosophy permanently, then that's cause for celebration

BECAUSE IT'S COMPLETE ABANDONMENT OF AN EFFECTIVE RUNNING GAME. :cuss:

God, somebody back me on this PLEASE!

If you stick with this current scheme; lining LJ or whoever up behind Thigpen in a shotgun formation, you've lost 3+ yards before the ****ing ball is even snapped!

This is stupid, reeruned, gay, D-D-DEE, Ass clown Offense.
If there were only ONE THING I could point to and say Herm needs to be fired; this would be the one.

the Talking Can 12-04-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

"The question now," said Edwards, "is how will he continue to play and do we want to change the offense? I have to talk to (offensive coordinator) Chan Gailey, but right now I'm thinking we would.

"We changed everything to build the offense around him. It's like we're operating with a three-page notebook, adding a little with each week. Now the question is: Do we stay with this? Because it means you would have to do some things differently, like look at a little different offensive linemen."
now that is interesting stuff

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 5269356)
You do realize that since we've gone spread we've rushed the ball more, gained more yards and have a higher yards per carry average?

Considering our total ground game, I wouldn't go counting that as a positive.

And if you DO, then know that those yards are coming from outside or near outside runs.

This is utter lunacy.

OnTheWarpath15 12-04-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus (Post 5269355)
With Herm calling Tyler a #2, I have a good feeling that he will draft a Bradford or Stafford in the draft.

1) I think you're missing the implication here. He think's that Thigpen is AT LEAST a #2. Meaning, at worst, he knows he has a backup in place. He's displaying some cautious optimism that Thigpen can be the #1, and wants to see how he performs over the last 4 games before they make a decision to permanently change the offense for 2009.

2) And it's going to be hard to take a QB that is already gone (Stafford) and one that is still playing college ball. (Bradford)

DaKCMan AP 12-04-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269370)
Considering our total ground game, I wouldn't go counting that as a positive.

And if you DO, then know that those yards are coming from outside or near outside runs.

This is utter lunacy.

You mean our total ground game that is ranked 12th in the NFL? The numbers aren't bad. Pre-spread we were averaging 4.4ypc. Since we switched to the spread we're getting 5.18ypc.

petegz28 12-04-2008 11:08 AM

I may garner some shred of respect for Herm if he does change his offensive mindset to fit Thigy. That would be a step out of the play not to lose mentality I would think.

Fish 12-04-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269363)

If you stick with this current scheme; lining LJ or whoever up behind Thigpen in a shotgun formation, you've lost 3+ yards before the ****ing ball is even snapped!

If there were only ONE THING I could point to and say Herm needs to be fired; this would be the one.

The exact same thing was said about the West Coast Offense when teams started running it. Lots of people said "Yeah just wait till we play a real defense. Then this gimmick offense will fall apart." Well, we played some pretty good defenses, and we still had success with it. Obviously there is still some skepticism, but teams have had a chance to game plan for it, and it's still been successful.

Saying that this is the thing Herm should be fired over is straight stupid.

RedThat 12-04-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus (Post 5269355)
With Herm calling Tyler a #2, I have a good feeling that he will draft a Bradford or Stafford in the draft.

That could be possible. If Stafford or Bradford are the BPA when the Chiefs pick they just might pick either one?

But, I also think the Chiefs are looking at LBer as well. Moving DJ to the middle gives every indication of that.

We do know, the Chiefs hint to positions for sure:

-LB and QB

kcfanXIII 12-04-2008 11:14 AM

why is it we can have R2P2, OR the spread? some people make it sound like those are the only two options. who's to say during the revamping of the offense, chan doesn't find some happy balance? let thigpen get a little more comfortable under center, and slowly get back to a more pro style offense. that being said, i'm wondering how this offense is going to run in december. (i'd like to see how it runs in january more, but thats not happening.)

The Franchise 12-04-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269363)

Holy ****ing crap dude. You probably bitched about R2P2 as well huh? Is there an offense that we can run that would make you happy?

Radar Chief 12-04-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5269388)
The exact same thing was said about the West Coast Offense when teams started running it. Lots of people said "Yeah just wait till we play a real defense. Then this gimmick offense will fall apart." Well, we played some pretty good defenses, and we still had success with it. Obviously there is still some skepticism, but teams have had a chance to game plan for it, and it's still been successful.

Saying that this is the thing Herm should be fired over is straight stupid.

Good point. I never have understood the argument that the spread offense won’t work in the NFL. Maybe that’s because I’ve never heard, or read, a reasonable argument for why. :shrug:

kepp 12-04-2008 11:20 AM

Another piece to this puzzle that needs to be looked at is how the college game is moving more and more to the spread. It may become difficult to find enough "true" pro-style players - especially QBs - after a while.

Micjones 12-04-2008 11:20 AM

I don't think we'd necessarily have to sell the run out to adopt this offense next season.

Currently it's about a 60/40 split in favor of the pass.

I'm not looking at the numbers at the moment, but I'd imagine that we've been fairly effective running the ball since the Spread was installed.

And remember, we're not fully operational with it.
Herm said as much in the article.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5269403)
Holy ****ing crap dude. You probably bitched about R2P2 as well huh? Is there an offense that we can run that would make you happy?

Wow. Wow wow wow.

Prior to this thread, I thought that overall we had some really good students of the game in here.

Unbelieveable.