ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Red Zone: A mulligan on the NFL draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197862)

Deberg_1990 12-05-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 5271148)
This is why you don't judge a draft based on year 1.

If we can judge guys like Albert, Clady, C Johnson and Forte for being instant impact players, why cant we judge guys like Dorsey for being invisible?

Brock 12-05-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5271159)
If we can judge guys like Albert, Clady, C Johnson and Forte for being instant impact players, why cant we judge guys like Dorsey for being invisible?

Do you really not know why?

Deberg_1990 12-05-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5271161)
Do you really not know why?

No. i know why. Dorsey may turn out to be a stud, but right now at this very moment, hes been a disappointment in relation to expectations.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-05-2008 11:26 AM

What a stupid ****ing article.

TrickyNicky 12-05-2008 11:27 AM

The only thing I agree with is that Flowers has played like he was a top 10 pick. He is great for where we got him.

Ebolapox 12-05-2008 11:30 AM

I'm almost 100% sure that the guy who wrote this is a ****ing reerun.

Deberg_1990 12-05-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5271182)
I'm almost 100% sure that the guy who wrote this is a ****ing reerun.

I think its Babb's blog?

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2008 11:33 AM

Put Glen Dorsey on the Giants or Ravens and the guy has 5 sacks, minimum.

Put Matt Forte on the Giants or Saints and he's still Matt Forte.

This writer is a joke.

Ebolapox 12-05-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5271186)
I think its Babb's blog?

give a group of chimps a room full of typewriters, and I'm almost 100% positive that they'd come up with something more relevant and less astoundingly dense than this crap.

chiefsngop 12-05-2008 12:02 PM

Can't evaluate how you did in the draft till months after ? Well, when it comes to drafting 1st round D-lineman it's actually closer to seasons after. This has been well proven time & time again over the last few decades of NFL history and there is a multitude of statistics presented in this very forum that proves the point well.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Find your friendly local Houston Texans fan and ask them.

A point made in the thread starter was Albert and Flacco would've made a great 1st round. But if King Carl would've paid for Flacco last draft, we obviously wouldn't be drafting a QB this draft.

So......

the signing of a 1st round QB last draft, coupled with Thigpen's play in camp & PS would've certainly got Thiggy cut, and there also wouldn't have been reason to sign Quinn Gray. So yes, we'd have Flacco, but we'd also have Croyle and Huard as the only backups.

So here's the 2 hind-sight choices based off the thread starter. (IMO)

Albert & Dorsey with a '09 QB depth chart of :

*Solid QB from this year's draft
*Thigpen
*Big Quinn

(Thigpen may win the starting job, but competition is ALWAYS a good thing)

Albert & Flacco with a '09 QB depth chart of :

*Flacco
*Croyle
*Huard

Personally, I'll take option A. And let's not forget that this year's O-line probably would've got Flacco killed right after Croyle was murdered, or visa-versa.

chiefsngop 12-05-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5271164)
No. i know why. Dorsey may turn out to be a stud, but right now at this very moment, hes been a disappointment in relation to expectations.

Who's expectations ? Uninformed fans ?

People who know football understand that it takes D-lineman a minimum of a full season to develop and usually 2 or 3 seasons.

Research your hall of fame D-lineman and check out their rookie stats, it will paint a clear picture.

Molitoth 12-05-2008 01:52 PM

With different coaching and systems, some of these players might not have developed as well as they have...

This article is dumb.

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsngop (Post 5271273)
A point made in the thread starter was Albert and Flacco would've made a great 1st round. But if King Carl would've paid for Flacco last draft, we obviously wouldn't be drafting a QB this draft.

Flacco was considered a second round pick by nearly every expert.

The Ravens shocked the football community by moving up into the first round and selecting him.

I can absolutely guarantee that Flacco would not be the same QB in KC as he is in Baltimore. Namely, defense and special teams, but offensive line as well.

He's a guy that went to the perfect place for him. That doesn't happen very often.

chiefsngop 12-05-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5271676)
Flacco was considered a second round pick by nearly every expert.

The Ravens shocked the football community by moving up into the first round and selecting him.

I can absolutely guarantee that Flacco would not be the same QB in KC as he is in Baltimore. Namely, defense and special teams, but offensive line as well.

He's a guy that went to the perfect place for him. That doesn't happen very often.

Yeah, the point of my post was drafting Flacco would've been a poor choice.

Your piece quoting led to out-of-context point.

milkman 12-06-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5271069)
Show me one other person who would say that Clady should have been the first overall pick, other than Kent ****ing Babb.

I actually liked Clady's athleticism, but he's not a guy that is going to ever be a road grader as a run blocker.

He's a perfect fit for what the Donkeys do.

In the end, I still really believe that Albert will be the best all around LT taken out of this draft.

He has the athleticism and "dancer's feet" to be an elite pass blocker, and the frame to add size and strength to be a mauler in run blocking.