ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Get your food and your Mayan calendars ready for 2012. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199969)

KChiefs1 01-08-2009 08:52 PM

The Earth will pass into a new realm of reality on December 22nd 2012.

Fish 01-08-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 5370593)
and what to do when those 20 years have passed?

Baby steps.......

Adept Havelock 01-08-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 5370593)
and what to do when those 20 years have passed?

We'll all be dead from mutant squid babies, IIRC.

RNR 01-08-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5369978)
shotguns and rifles, stock up! you can loot the ammo at just about any farm

Right! try to rob the guys who have and have had guns their entire life. Great plan!

Frazod 01-08-2009 09:06 PM

If the Mayans were so good at predicting things, why didn't they predict the arrival of the Spanish?

I'm calling bullshit.

Still waiting for the New Madrid quake predicted in the early 90s and all the computers to explode on Y2K.

RealSNR 01-08-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5370762)
If the Mayans were so good at predicting things, why didn't they predict the arrival of the Spanish?

I'm calling bullshit.

Still waiting for the New Madrid quake predicted in the early 90s and all the computers to explode on Y2K.

Yeah. There was supposed to be a polar shift similar to what they're describing on the History Channel in around March 2000 I think. It was one of those bullshit, "scientists say it MIGHT happen..."

RealSNR 01-08-2009 09:13 PM

Also, since when does the History Channel do stuff about armegeddon-type situations? That's not history :shake:

Fish 01-08-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5370799)
Also, since when does the History Channel do stuff about armegeddon-type situations? That's not history :shake:

They've been doing a lot of this type of programming lately. Even so far as the disclaimer at the beginning of the program saying the following is "theory" and very debatable, and the viewer should make up their own mind...

Rain Man 01-08-2009 09:32 PM

I was going to mention that. I watched this show assuming that it was going to be pretty scientific and neutral, and instead it was talking about all this armageddon stuff while showing pictures of floods and famines and radioactive clouds. It was discomfitting.

Thinking about these sorts of things gets to me for some reason. I think about things like a giant wave of energy that we can't even detect coming at us at the speed of light, and one minute we're typing on Chiefsplanet and the next minute all of Planet Earth is writhing in agony with third-degree burns, and I feel like we're all just lucky by surviving from one minute to the next. There's stuff going on the universe where we're nothing but germs living on the lip of a giant Listerine bottle.

Iowanian 01-08-2009 09:43 PM

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Load up on water treatment pills, firewood, dry beans, salt matches and ammo.

beavis 01-08-2009 09:51 PM

This stuff is good for entertainment value.

I'm more afraid of the government than I am this actually happening.

bowener 01-08-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

I'm calling bullshit.

Actually, they did... to the day.

They called him Kukulcan, who was a white bearded god from the East, that originally assisted them in setting up their civilization; Thought to be a survivor of Atlantis.

They also predicted that there was a massive black hole at the center of the Milkyway. Scientists just figured that out within the last 20 years.

The wonderful thing about this is, that if people actually read what scholars have translated, Mayans do not predict an end to the world at all, but rather a changing over to a new world, leaving behind the one that we know now. Perhaps we will be less materialistic and self-centered by nature and become more altruistic or something. Of course all the signs of today's societies point to us becoming more materialistic and self centered or an egoist style of thinking.

edit:

Also, do not forget that there calendar is actually far more accurate than the modern day calendar we use. Ancient cultures weren't stupid. They didn't center their lives around toys or entertainment. They had to work to survive and their religions were everything, entirely, so they spent countless years (centuries) mapping everything out and finding the patterns, of which there are many in nature.

Imagine what our scientists could discover if the Govt centered everything around NASA, and gave them $1 trillion a year in research funding. Last I knew, NASA got less than $500 million.

Frazod 01-08-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 5371051)
Actually, they did... to the day.

They called him Kukulcan, who was a white bearded god from the East, that originally assisted them in setting up their civilization; Thought to be a survivor of Atlantis.

But that was WRONG.

If I predict Fred's going to show up on Wednesday, and on Wednesday Bob shows up, I'm still wrong. Even if I get confused and call him Fred.

Rain Man 01-08-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Due to careful preparation, I survived both the New Madrid Quake and Y2K. I am invincible.

J Diddy 01-08-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5371084)
Due to careful preparation, I survived both the New Madrid Quake and Y2K. I am invincible.

must have been the duct tape