ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Somebody Took My Garbage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204973)

Fairplay 03-28-2009 11:14 PM

Yeah, those bags i stole were all worthless.

Sorry, i didn't know it was you Fraz....:D

Buehler445 03-28-2009 11:19 PM

Heh. That's ****ed up. No harm done, I suppose.

You said you have more cleaning to do, do it, but when you do, throw a dead skunk in one of the bags. That should teach them to stay the **** away from your shit.

Bugeater 03-28-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 5621749)
Here in Alva, Ok if your trash bags are gone before trash day there's a good chance it was the cops who took it.

:spock:

Fairplay 03-28-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5621812)

You said you have more cleaning to do, do it, but when you do, throw a dead skunk in one of the bags. That should teach them to stay the **** away from your shit.

Getting a dead skunk would bring on more trouble than what its worth.

If you are throwing it out and someone takes it, well, then you got rid of the stuff anyways.

Fairplay 03-28-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 5621749)
Here in Alva, Ok if your trash bags are gone before trash day there's a good chance it was the cops who took it.

:spock:.........? and WTF

88TG88 03-28-2009 11:28 PM

Maybe it was some weirdos who wanted to smell your tightie whities.

Frazod 03-28-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5621812)
Heh. That's ****ed up. No harm done, I suppose.

As long there's no personal info in the trash, I really don't care. I just think it's kind of scummy.

Fairplay 03-28-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5621829)
As long there's no personal info in the trash, I really don't care. I just think it's kind of scummy.

Having a paper shredder is well worth the money. Anything with your name and number or address that you are throwing away is all torn up.

In this day and age it is a must have i think.

KC Jones 03-28-2009 11:38 PM

That just reminded me...

Anyone remember the big ice storm in KC back around 2003 or so? I had 4 Oak trees over 50' tall that dropped a shitload of timber. Some of the limbs that came down were at least a 16" in diameter. I was wrapping up 4 days of getting it all cut and set out on the easement for the city to pick up and when a couple pulls up and asks if they can have it for firewood. I said sure. Then they asked me to start cutting it into smaller pieces and bundling it for them. Then drove off in a huff when I said no. WTF?!

unothadeal 03-28-2009 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Fairplay 03-28-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 5621841)
That just reminded me...

Anyone remember the big ice storm in KC back around 2003 or so? I had 4 Oak trees over 50' tall that dropped a shitload of timber. Some of the limbs that came down were at least a 16" in diameter. I was wrapping up 4 days of getting it all cut and set out on the easement for the city to pick up and when a couple pulls up and asks if they can have it for firewood. I said sure. Then they asked me to start cutting it into smaller pieces and bundling it for them. Then drove off in a huff when I said no. WTF?!

That's funny.

cdcox 03-28-2009 11:47 PM

I took a couple of pick up loads to good will a year ago, space about 3 weeks apart. The first load they had me put into this back room, maybe 10 ft wide and 20 feet deep. It was a little concerning since the total volume of the room (floor to ceiling) was maybe 20% full. I figured they were a little behind in getting it organized and out into the "retail" area. When I came back 3 weeks later, the room was packed. I concluded 2 things: 1) Goodwill is was in failure mode and completely ineffective in their core mission and 2) America has way too much crap they don't want and don't need and no good way to get rid of it.

I could still throw out 40% of the items in our home (by mass). We'd be much better off and would not miss any of it.

beavis 03-28-2009 11:50 PM

Sorry, I was lookin for some old rags to clean Rain Man's bike with. I'll bring it all back if you want me too.

cdcox 03-28-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5621829)

I'd give my crap away if I thought someone would use it. I just can't bring myself to throw it in the trash, or to give it to someone like Good Will that is incapable of handling it.

Bugeater 03-28-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5621865)
I'd give my crap away if I thought someone would use it. I just can't bring myself to throw it in the trash, or to give it to someone like Good Will that is incapable of handling it.

Post it in the free section of Craigslist, someone will come get it.