ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Don't Chiefs need a 2nd or 2 firsts for a successful 2009 draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205263)

chiefsfan1963 04-02-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 5636037)
For the first time in years and years I feel like KC is holding the cards and is in a position to be able to make/offer deals and have the advantage instead of the other way around.

I agree no matter how the season ends I am so happy that we finally have a clean slate. No CP and no Herm is so awesome. I'm way patient for this franchise to develop. I think they will turn this around real fast. Looking forward to renewing my NFL Ticket for the first time since 2007! LMAO

Iowanian 04-02-2009 08:45 PM

I guess it depends how you look at it...

If the Chiefs use the first 2 rounds to add 1 starting QB, 1 Defensive Playmaker and another starting OLB to their roster, on paper, you'd have to at least consider that was successful by Chiefs standards. I mean, the 2nd could have gone to the next Jr Siavii.

Deberg_1990 04-02-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963 (Post 5636063)
You don't think he'll be available at the 3rd pick?

Even if he is, what makes you 100% certain the Chiefs will select him? Has Pioli said he will pick him?

Jethopper 04-02-2009 09:24 PM

Brown is better.

OnTheWarpath15 04-02-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5635999)
If Matt Cassel leads this team to a couple of SB wins in the next ten years, then regardless of any other consideration, it will have been a successful draft.

I would have paid good money to see the look on your face as you typed this.

soundmind 04-02-2009 09:48 PM

I can't tell what this Denver/Chicago trade has done for the stock of Sanchez and Stafford, but I get the feeling now that one of them is going #1.

So the real question is the stock price of our #3 pick, assuming the other QB is still there. And honestly, even if he isn't. Then we're talking about pick of the litter at LT. We're really in a badass position. At this point, I think taking Aaron Curry could be a mistake. We'd be smarter to draft Sanchez or Stafford ourselves, if for no other reason than trade value and potential. The #3 pick is going to make too much coin to waste on anything else.

So long story short, I think we'll trade down and gain picks doing it. That or another piece to the puzzle in a wild trade scenario.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2009 10:03 PM

I wonder if someone would trade up with us for a LT?

KCrockaholic 04-02-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5636308)
I wonder if someone would trade up with us for a LT?

As much as I like Albert, I would take Ryan Clady and the 18th pick for our #3 in a heartbeat.

SBK 04-02-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 5636467)
As much as I like Albert, I would take Ryan Clady and the 18th pick for our #3 in a heartbeat.

ROFL

Slowly put the crackpipe down.

KCrockaholic 04-02-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK (Post 5636472)
ROFL

Slowly put the crackpipe down.

He allowed .5 sacks last year and should have been in the pro-bowl. He was immediately one of the best LT's in the league. Having Albert as RG/LG or RT with Clady as the LT would make our O-line from below average to top 5.

SBK 04-02-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 5636475)
He allowed .5 sacks last year and should have been in the pro-bowl. He was immediately one of the best LT's in the league. Having Albert as RG/LG or RT with Clady as the LT would make our O-line from below average to top 5.

We already have a dope LT, and even if Denver would trade him (never gonna happen) there's no way we'd entertain that trade.

KCrockaholic 04-02-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK (Post 5636478)
We already have a dope LT, and even if Denver would trade him (never gonna happen) there's no way we'd entertain that trade.

So pretend that the offer came up and you where GM. What would you do?

Fairplay 04-03-2009 12:04 AM

I won't play pretend but i do think we need do draft a defensive line stud, preferably a DE.

If Pioli trades down a few spots, which i would expect actually. Then a DE and a OT.

But i also would not be surprised if they picked a WR.

DaneMcCloud 04-03-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 5636483)
So pretend that the offer came up and you where GM. What would you do?

Why in hell would Denver give up Clady? Who would be their left tackle, especially after trading their picks to get a QB?

DaneMcCloud 04-03-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 5636544)
I won't play pretend but i do think we need do draft a defensive line stud, preferably a DE.

If Pioli trades down a few spots, which i would expect actually. Then a DE and a OT.

But i also would not be surprised if they picked a WR.

There are no defensive line "studs", especially true defensive ends that we know of in this draft. No Bruce Smith, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, etc.

The draft is absolutely loaded with high quality offensive lineman that would immediately upgrade the Chiefs line (maybe for a decade) but moving down a few spots would still be way, way, way too high for these guys.

DHB could be a possibility at #12-17 but the Chiefs would have to absolutely love him because he's a boom or bust guy.