ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I'll come out and say it: this was a good draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206766)

Direckshun 04-26-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5717232)
I'll come out and say it:

You should have your head examined. I'm convinced you've taken a serious fall, been in a car accident, something - you've not been your normal self the past couple of weeks.

Hey, you read my mocks. I never took two DEs straight in a row.

This draft was not what I wanted ideally.

But it makes a great degree of sense, for a series of clear reasons.

Mecca 04-26-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 5717302)
"Inconsistent...Bit of a classic 'tweener...Needs to be more physical and aggressive...Doesn't use his hands well...Has some trouble shedding blocks...Needs to use better leverage...Not a great technician...Motor runs hot and cold...Immature ?...Did not always face elite competition."

But to tell you the truth I think I was thinking of Sidbury, I have no idea why I get those names mixed up.

Magee's says alot of the same stuff the difference is Gilbert is alot more naturally gifted.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-26-2009 09:22 PM

C+...I'm sorry.

I love the Chiefs, but I hated what we did our first day.

You can't criticize us in terms of value or talent -- we ended up with three of the most talented players from this weekend altogether. Dorsey was a brilliant pick, and probably the best possible option we could have had.

But Albert is completely unproven at tackle. Guard is an awful position to Draft nonetheless. Giving up two picks for him seemed like a disasterous decision. Flowers is incredibly talented but he's got so many character concerns my brain is exploding.

Here's hoping we continue drafting talented players. But here's hoping we avoid some of the sloppy decisioin making
from an absolutely zany day one.

Iowanian 04-26-2009 09:22 PM

I'm not complaining about it.

Frankly, I don't know much about most of the picks, but I swore 5 years before Carl was ousted that if he were gone, I wouldn't question the new regime.

I'm trusting the new staff....I'll take their word for it at this point and will begin judging them once the preseason and games start. It will probably take a couple of years before I know how I feel about the draft.

I might have thought I wanted some different players, but I wasn't watching film, or with the scouts and and and.

In Pioli I trust (for now).

ChiefsCountry 04-26-2009 09:22 PM

Last year:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ghlight=albert

Direckshun 04-26-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5717238)
Direck is this your attention whore thread. Last year you went apeshit on that draft.

I hated the first day, but loved the second day.

Turns out the first day landed us two studs, with Dorsey still developing. The second day mostly went bankrupt. So it does show you what I know -- but I'm consistent, at least.

Direckshun 04-26-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5717251)
Pretty much...

I don't even think Magee is better than Gilbert my thought is we had the choice and took the wrong one.

I think they are both great prospects, but Magee's transition will be less difficult in both competition level and positionally.

Mecca 04-26-2009 09:26 PM

I'm not going to trust Direcks draft thoughts he likes this draft and hated last years especially Albert....that doesn't make any logical sense.

Direckshun 04-26-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5717268)
Direc likes to be different I think, he ripped on last years draft and now likes this one...

There's a bit of that in there, sure.

DeezNutz 04-26-2009 09:28 PM

This worries me.

Is he the Mush of draft evaluations?

I'm hopeful the sample size is too small.

Mecca 04-26-2009 09:29 PM

My opinion Donald Washington is the only pick that was good value.

Direckshun 04-26-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5717296)
What was it you gave our day one last year? A C-?

C+, so credit where credit is due.

Edit: by the way, how did Matt Ryan turn out?

xbarretx 04-26-2009 09:51 PM

i agree Direckshun. It wasnt flashy but at the same time we didnt only do what the media wanted. I think most are mad b/c the media isnt riding Pioli's jock giving the draft an "A" grade. Only reason to be dissapointed is b/c we could of filled other holes at certain picks but if you had faith in the new F.O. before all of this then you should still have it. again we ARENT DENVER OR OAKLAND!

we all went into the weekend knowing that Scott and Todd arent looking for the flavor of the moment. players who fit there scheme is all they have said. I think they stuck to there guns and im ok with it. for those unhappy folks, try going back to previous drafts where CP probably created his draft card from the latest Kiper mocks.... :shake:

Another thing is people need to stop crying over Dorsey. he was top of his class for that position and has shown no reason that he wont get better. especially now that the GUN isnt calling the shots for cover 2...

oh and ... Shawnee Mission North High School Football RULES! :clap:

wild1 04-26-2009 09:52 PM

After time passes, drafts are not evaluated on who was a "reach" and who was "great value" at that spot. Years down the road they're only evaluated on whether or not these guys can play.

We'll see how many of them can play.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-26-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5717354)
C+, so credit where credit is due.

Edit: by the way, how did Matt Ryan turn out?

I'll give you that, because I thought he was gonna bust for sure. How did Flacco turn out?