ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What's the Point Of Grading Drafts Of Players Who Haven't Played (Grade 2006 Draft) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206800)

EyePod 04-27-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5718763)
really Brodie Croyle should be a F, hes a 3rd string qb on an average at best football team

It really sucks cause I think he had the ability to be a good starter, but his body wouldn't keep up with him. At least his wife's body is smoking...

Chiefnj2 04-27-2009 11:08 AM

On paper Hali, Tyler, Dorsey and Allen could have made a pretty good DL assuming the staff played them to their strengths.

Reaper16 04-27-2009 11:09 AM

Because, like a lot of posters who look upon the 2009 draft favorably, you don't seem to understand that the draft grades are not really about the players themselves but about the picks. Draft value has considerable weight in the post-draft grading process.

I mean, I like Tyson Jackson as a player. I think he's going to be an instrumental part of the future defensive success that the Chiefs experience. But I think it was a below-average (to be kind) draft pick.

OnTheWarpath15 04-27-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5718798)
Because, like a lot of posters who look upon the 2009 draft favorably, you don't seem to understand that the draft grades are not really about the players themselves but about the picks. Draft value has considerable weight in the post-draft grading process.

I mean, I like Tyson Jackson as a player. I think he's going to be an instrumental part of the future defensive success that the Chiefs experience. But I think it was a below-average (to be kind) draft pick.

This, this, a million times THIS.

EyePod 04-27-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

We couldn't trade down. I'd rather us take the player we want 7 picks higher than he should go than take someone who is really good value but our staff doesn't think is as important. Draft value is relative. It's not the same for every team. We didn't value WR as much as other teams, so we took DE instead. There's not some universal value of a player.

Direckshun 04-27-2009 11:14 AM

1st: DE/OLB Tamba Hali - C-

Bust.

2nd: SS Bernard Pollard - B-

I still see potential in Pollard now that we're switching to a friendlier scheme for him.

3rd: QB Brodie Croyle - F

Bust.

5th: CB Marcus Maxey - F

Bust, but this one's forgivable.

6th: Tre Stallings - F

Bust.

6th: Jeff Webb - D

Not much to be excited about. Herm picked this guy from a personal connection.

7th: Jarred Page - A+

Now that we're switching to a friendlier defense, Page could actually take off.

Overall, this draft gave us a situational pass-rusher and two starting safeties. That sucks ass. D.

EyePod 04-27-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5718821)
1st: DE/OLB Tamba Hali - C-

Bust.

2nd: SS Bernard Pollard - B-

I still see potential in Pollard now that we're switching to a friendlier scheme for him.

3rd: QB Brodie Croyle - F

Bust.

5th: CB Marcus Maxey - F

Bust, but this one's forgivable.

6th: Tre Stallings - F

Bust.

6th: Jeff Webb - D

Not much to be excited about. Herm picked this guy from a personal connection.

7th: Jarred Page - A+

Now that we're switching to a friendlier defense, Page could actually take off.

Overall, this draft gave us a situational pass-rusher and two starting safeties. That sucks ass. D.

You should also weight the higher picks more. It might be a D+ then?

Fritz88 04-27-2009 11:22 AM

horrible horrible draft. can someone please use the memory zapper on me to remove any traces of that shit from my head

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imag...will_smith.jpg

Sully 04-27-2009 11:23 AM

If cassell turns out to be great, does Pollard's grade go up?

DeezNutz 04-27-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 5718846)

:clap:

EyePod 04-27-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 5718846)

LOL I had to think about that one for a second...

jAZ 04-27-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

You win games and championships with players and coaches, not with draft grades and picks.

So if draft grades aren't about the players or winning games, then I don't think anyone should give a shit about them.

jAZ 04-27-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5718803)
This, this, a million times THIS.

Wow.

You guys are focused on "winning the press conference" when the only thing that matters is winning the game.

Who cares if someone thinks we could have gotten better "value" with some different player at that pick.

If the players we take come in and fit the puzzle being assembled, it doesn't matter whether we get them at #3 or #256.

I'll take the right player in the 1st round who everyone else projected as a 7th round pick every day, if he helps us win the games we've been losing for the last decade.

Thig Lyfe 04-27-2009 11:34 AM

JARRRRRRRAAAAAAD PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE

EyePod 04-27-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 5718865)
You win games and championships with players and coaches, not with draft grades and picks.

So if draft grades aren't about the players or winning games, then I don't think anyone should give a shit about them.

Yep, I hope we get F's and then we win the SB. Shove it to Mel Kiper. He's not good at evaluating talent. He's only good at evaluating who's gonna draft who (unless there's a trade).