ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop bitter Bob: Tuesday Morning Cup O’Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206876)

Buehler445 04-28-2009 08:20 AM

I actually enjoyed Gretz's comments on Whitlock and agree with them.

Everybody hates Herm. That doesn't mean he is a story.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish 04-28-2009 08:28 AM

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Fatlock. But Gretz calling out Porkchop for being a suck up to the Chiefs Front office is the zenith of pot calling the kettle black. Gretz nose still reeks of King Carl Rectum.

Crashride 04-28-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc (Post 5721508)
It's cool that someone named Taurus played for the South Florida Bulls.

Hes dominate too.

TEX 04-28-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5721507)
adios

bye

don't call

don't write

our scouting department eats ass

THIS.

splatbass 04-28-2009 08:38 AM

If they fire Ray Farmer whose office do they send him to?

htismaqe 04-28-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 5721617)
Oh, and Bob - fire your editor, he's not doing a good job.....

Love this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Gretz
CB Londen Fryar (right), 5-11, 192 pounds, Western Michigan – The son of long-time NFL receiver Irving Fryar, he became his career with the Broncos as a wide receiver but they switched to cornerback. He had 170 career tackles and seven interceptions. Reported by the Kalamazoo Gazette.

Oh my God! The junior Fryar had an out-of-body experience and actually BECAME his career? How awful!

htismaqe 04-28-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5721545)
You know why Bob is frustrated? Because his connections in the organization are going away. He has to defend his boys because they are the only reason he's employed with the Chiefs.

Only a complete asshole would make a comparison of this coaching regime to chemotherapy.

**** off, Gretz. Hopefully you're the next to go.

This.

htismaqe 04-28-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5721507)
adios

bye

don't call

don't write

our scouting department eats ass

Yep. Bob would have been writing this article at the end of the season if we hadn't have taken so long to hire a GM and coach.

htismaqe 04-28-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 5721606)
Is he still employed with the Chiefs? I thought he was doing this blog independently because he's no longer with the organization. Maybe they are keeping him around until the DT enshrinement because of his work on that? Either way, you're right all his sources will be long gone by the time the season starts.

I'm pretty sure he's not on the Chiefs' payroll.

jAZ 04-28-2009 09:24 AM

He doesn't sound "bitter" and I don't think "this is just silly" at all. He sounds like he's honoring those he understands were square pegs in this particular round hole.

Christofire 04-28-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 5721749)
He doesn't sound "bitter" and I don't think "this is just silly" at all. He sounds like he's honoring those he understands were square pegs in this particular round hole.

Well said. I agree.

Also, I thought the chemo/war metaphor was nicely done.

Chiefnj2 04-28-2009 10:22 AM

Gretz has been one of the best sources of Chiefs info since he started his own site.

LaChapelle 04-28-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5721545)
You know why Bob is frustrated? Because his connections in the organization are going away. He has to defend his boys because they are the only reason he's employed with the Chiefs.

Only a complete asshole would make a comparison of this coaching regime to chemotherapy.

**** off, Gretz. Hopefully you're the next to go.

I would bet this had a lot to do with Len Dawson retiring from channel 9 sports. Even he can't get an inside scoop anymore.

bowener 04-28-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcFanInGA (Post 5721521)
LB Bobby Abare, 6-2, 220 pounds, Yale – He played four seasons and had 279 total tackles, 10 interceptions and four sacks. He was named All-Ivy League three times and was a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to the best defensive player on the 1-AA level. Reported by the Torrington Register-Citizen in Connecticut.

And presenting the white Tamba Hali.

I was thinking more along the lines of a future Safety, at least for short yardage.

MahiMike 04-28-2009 11:14 AM

It's funny every time he mentions Whitlock. What he doesn't realize is that if he weren't always such a Yes man...oh, who am I kidding? He's just a beat writer. He'll never be a Joe Po or Whitlock.