ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports A-Rod Tipping Pitches? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207036)

DJ's left nut 04-30-2009 04:23 PM

The woman actually took othe time to include the fact that hooters waitresses don't like him because of the fact he tips 15% and we're supposed to think this is anything but a hatchet job?

Of course the sportscasters are sticking up for her, it's all the same fraternity. This book is just another pile-on and its credibility should absolutely be called into question.

kstater 04-30-2009 04:27 PM

I'm sure it will come out that A-Rod didn't KNOW that scratching his balls with his left index finger while patting his head was a sign for a fastball. It's all just a big misunderstanding.

kysirsoze 04-30-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5729801)
I'm sure it will come out that A-Rod didn't KNOW that scratching his balls with his left index finger while patting his head was a sign for a fastball. It's all just a big misunderstanding.

ROFL Poor A-Rod. He knows not what he does.

DaWolf 04-30-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 5729669)
I'll pose it as a question, then. Does anyone think A-Rod should/will be banned if this is shown to be for real? Rose was banned for gambling on games in which he wasn't involved. The main reason seems to be the damage his actions did to the integrity of the game. If A-Rod tipped pitches, IMO that's worse and more damaging.

If it can be proved that he was affecting the outcome of ballgames by his actions, I don't see why not. But the problem will be proving it and even at that, making it stick legally...

KC_Connection 04-30-2009 04:33 PM

I think this is more common than we think it is. Not to justify it, though.

SAUTO 04-30-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 5729814)
I think this is more common than we think it is. Not to justify it, though.

you think it's common for a player to tip the pitches to the OTHER team:spock:

WilliamTheIrish 04-30-2009 05:07 PM

Obviously, he wasn't EVER able to do this in the post season. LMAO

acesn8s 05-01-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 5729619)
I am as sick of hearing about A-Rod as anyone. He's a juicer and I believe he always has been. But now there is apparently evidence that he tipped pitches to opposing teams in order to get more favorable at bats.

Are you ****ing kidding me???? If this is credible, he should be banned from baseball altogether. If Pete Rose is out, A-Rod should GTFO and stay out. No records, no HoF, NOTHING.:cuss:

This

Hammock Parties 05-01-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 5729669)
I'll pose it as a question, then. Does anyone think A-Rod should/will be banned if this is shown to be for real? Rose was banned for gambling on games in which he wasn't involved. The main reason seems to be the damage his actions did to the integrity of the game. If A-Rod tipped pitches, IMO that's worse and more damaging.

If this is true i dont think he should get banned by the mlb, but no player in their right mind would want him on their team... especially pitchers. they don't want their techniques and shit out there...

alpha_omega 05-01-2009 07:41 AM

Yep, i heard something about this on the radio yesterday.

I kind of always thought of AR as a selfish jerk....but if this is true, it is even worse than i thought. And...if true...BAN HIM!

Demonpenz 05-01-2009 07:54 AM

I have no doubt this happens in most sports the are friends off the court, nba plays no d during the regular season or not go for rebounds so their dawgs get their numbers. I have no doubt that some of these ****s have the motto once a yankee always a yankee or. Red Sox nation 4 ever. You don't think maybe Jason veriteck would take time out of his day not blocking balls and being over rated to give Kevin Mallar a hint what is coming? **** it is a team game, and the team being their friends, agents and their families.

Demonpenz 05-01-2009 07:55 AM

Not that this is the same thing, because it helps your own team in the long run, but I am sure catchers may tip batters if they are fighting with pitcher on what to throw OR if a pitcher is being a pussy and won't plunk a batter catchers may call a pitch right down broadway. Crash Davis style

petegz28 05-01-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5729684)
No chance he gets banned.

An ass beating from teammate(s) if true? Very, very possible.

Allegedly his teammates knew cause they told him he was tipping too early and too obvious.

Fire Me Boy! 05-01-2009 08:06 AM

I have no interest in this thread, but when I read the header I thought it said "A-Rod tripping bitches".

kc rush 05-01-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 5729765)
But they steal signs to help their team...not the other guys. In blow-out games A-Rod was stealing the signs of his own Pitcher/Catcher and letting the other teams batter know what was coming in the hope that the other team SS/2b would do the same for him so he could pad his stats.

If this is true, it is as bad as what Rose did - ultimately changing the outcome of games.

Ban him.

Agreed.

Can you imagine if you were a borderline good enough pitcher being screwed over. You are drawing a major league salary and benefits and working toward your next contract then your own teammate kills your stats by letting the other team know what is coming. Sick.

Just a few years ago I was happy to watch this guy play, thinking that I was seeing one of the best in history. Since then the roid thing has tainted his legacy, and if these new allegations are true he has just nuked his legacy into oblivion.