ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Are you an alcoholic? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211156)

Fish 07-31-2009 03:42 PM

I come from a family of alcoholics. I don't allow myself to drink whiskey away from home, as I have difficulty controlling myself.

CrazyPhuD 07-31-2009 03:48 PM

I think the answer about if you're an alcoholic is how much money do you get a week recycling all your bottles and cans!

Skip Towne 07-31-2009 03:48 PM

No. I never drink unless I'm by myself or with somebody.

wild1 07-31-2009 03:49 PM

No. I do not drink at all.

Reaper16 07-31-2009 03:53 PM

No. I love, love, love beer but I never drink to get intoxicated. I haven't been drunk since, geez, high school and I've been moderately tipsy maybe twice this year so far.

Simply Red 07-31-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5938914)
No. I love, love, love beer but I never drink to get intoxicated. I haven't been drunk since, geez, high school and I've been moderately tipsy maybe twice this year so far.

do you think women could take advantage of you, if you were say; drunk?

Reaper16 07-31-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5938919)

I'm sure that many things would be possible if I were drunk. I personally don't like the effects of alcohol; I hate not being in complete control of my mental faculties.

ziggysocki 07-31-2009 04:00 PM

I like to beer. I like liquor. I like to get drunk. Some times I drink during the day, sometimes at night. Alone with my Xbox 360 or with my friends are great times to drink. Sometimes I drink 3 beers, sometimes I drink 10 beers. But....... I always make sure I am not in a situation that drinking will negatively effect my life. And, I quit drinking for four months just to make sure I wasn't just a drunk telling lies to myself. So the answer to the original question..... clinically, probably. In reality... nah not really.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2009 04:00 PM

Am I a "clinical" alcoholic?

Yes. I have a few drinks nearly every day.

Am I an alcoholic?

No.

Alcohol has NEVER gotten in the way of a relationship or a job. I've never called in sick due to a hangover. My personality doesn't change when I drink. It's never been a determining factor in anything I do.

I just like to have a few beers, cocktails, whatever, around 10:00pm each night. It's my reward for making it through the day, scathed or unscathed.

PS - I have never once in my life thrown up from drinking alcohol.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5938919)

Absolutely.

It's happened far too many times than I'd like to admit.

nstygma 07-31-2009 04:07 PM

i haven't had a drink in over a year.
before that, i closed down a bar and had the remaining inventory all to myself. I drank quite frequently obscene amounts for a few years, but even then, i wouldn't say i was an alcoholic

Demonpenz 07-31-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5938935)
Am I a "clinical" alcoholic?

Yes. I have a few drinks nearly every day.

Am I an alcoholic?

No.

Alcohol has NEVER gotten in the way of a relationship or a job. I've never called in sick due to a hangover. My personality doesn't change when I drink. It's never been a determining factor in anything I do.

I just like to have a few beers, cocktails, whatever, around 10:00pm each night. It's my reward for making it through the day, scathed or unscathed.

PS - I have never once in my life thrown up from drinking alcohol.

that is the way I view it as. Does it impact your life negatively.

Pioli Zombie 07-31-2009 04:09 PM

I'm a rageoholic. Don't call me "pinhead". That makes Pioli Zombie so mad!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-31-2009 04:10 PM

I have one 40 before bed, and drink during Chiefs games and Draft Day to kill the inevitable, forthcoming disappointment and pain.

Pioli Zombie 07-31-2009 04:16 PM

We will be able to watch a Chiefs game with yelling "mother****er" at the tv set.

We will see how our following the Chiefs too intensely has hurt ourselves and others.

We will not regret the past....40 years or wish to draft that kid from Texas.

Are these extravagant promises. We think not.
Posted via Mobile Device