ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV OMG TWIIIIILIIIIIIGHT!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218455)

kcxiv 11-19-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6276898)
Okay, you can remove my man card for it if you want... but I get to take it back when she returns the favor in the bedroom.

lol, i seen the first one, i just thought it was horribly ****ing bad. I may even have to watch the 2nd one when my friend comes over and brings her daughters. THey absolutely love the ****ing thing. I just hate it, but sometimes you gotta suck it up. :(

88TG88 11-19-2009 08:17 PM

I need to think up an idea like twilight. Teenage girls eat this shit up and drop cash like its nothing.

NewChief 11-19-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 6276975)
I need to think up an idea like twilight. Teenage girls eat this shit up and drop cash like its nothing.

Heh. There's a reason lots of "real" authors are putting out YA fiction these days. Lots of movie deals in YA. The Lightning Thief, Twilight, Blood and Chocolate, Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Holes, Hoot, My Sister's Keeper, Vampire's Assistant, I Love you Beth Cooper, Coraline, Harry Potter, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Push (now the movie Precious) etc.. etc.. I could go on and on. If you make a big YA novel, you're pretty much guaranteed a movie deal.

scorpio 11-19-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6276878)
Need your man card removed for even starting this thread. SOMEONE CLOSE THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!! lol

I am fairly serious. lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^

scorpio 11-19-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6276898)
Okay, you can remove my man card for it if you want... but I get to take it back when she returns the favor in the bedroom.

Pretty sure that's called prostitution.

And no, you don't earn your mancard back for having sex with your girlfriend.

jfc.

Frazod 11-19-2009 09:29 PM

Jesus, they just showed a commercial for this. Looks ghastly. :shake:

Fairplay 11-19-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChiefFan (Post 6276729)
My GF and some of her coworkers are going to this 'film' Sat. Initially they said they were gonna make me go. I said if you want a running commentary ala MST3K (but probably not as funny) the whole film I'll gladly go.

Thats what i do. Start cutting up the film as it goes. Predicting what is going to happen. She learned to go with her girlfriends if she wants to see this crap.

I do go to more romantic comedies that are more tolerable with her.

Jenson71 11-19-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277099)
Heh. There's a reason lots of "real" authors are putting out YA fiction these days. Lots of movie deals in YA. The Lightning Thief, Twilight, Blood and Chocolate, Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Holes, Hoot, My Sister's Keeper, Vampire's Assistant, I Love you Beth Cooper, Coraline, Harry Potter, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Push (now the movie Precious) etc.. etc.. I could go on and on. If you make a big YA novel, you're pretty much guaranteed a movie deal.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. With a sequel, too.

Silock 11-19-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 6277163)
Pretty sure that's called prostitution.

And no, you don't earn your mancard back for having sex with your girlfriend.

jfc.

Who said anything about sex? I'm making her paint the house.

NewChief 11-19-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 6277264)
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. With a sequel, too.

Oh, the list could go on and on and on and on. YA is big business. Scholastic Press has to be making a freaking killing.

Jenson71 11-19-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277383)
Oh, the list could go on and on and on and on. YA is big business. Scholastic Press has to be making a freaking killing.

What are the top 5 YA books of all time?

NewChief 11-19-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 6277421)
What are the top 5 YA books of all time?

Well, YA is hard to classify, because many people put things like Oliver Twist or My Antonia! in YA. Lots of people say it's YA if it has a young protagonist. Now, though, the YA marketing is much different, and it's more of a marketing gimick than anything. So, I don't know. I can tell you current hot titles, but not best of all time.

88TG88 11-19-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277383)

That sounds like a pretty good scam. I'm gonna write some made up crap about my life. A poor kid from LA gets adopted and moves to Beverly Hills or some crap. Girls will eat it up and I'll be using twenty dollar bills as toilet paper.

Jenson71 11-19-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277426)
Well, YA is hard to classify, because many people put things like Oliver Twist or My Antonia! in YA. Lots of people say it's YA if it has a young protagonist. Now, though, the YA marketing is much different, and it's more of a marketing gimick than anything. So, I don't know. I can tell you current hot titles, but not best of all time.

BOOOOO! :harumph:

I bet Reaper would give me a top 5 YA list of all time.

Reaper! Go!

Jenson71 11-19-2009 11:08 PM

Here's the greatest YA book ever: The Giver