ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Derrick Johnson's Tender Level Could Speak To Future With The Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224269)

TheGuardian 03-04-2010 08:16 AM

coaching is not a problem for Derrick Johnson.

Some fans just don't get it, and they like a player and always want to believe the coaching staff is holding that player back from reaching his full potential. With Johnson, that just isn't the case and never has been.

And DJ is NOT "great" talent. He's had 5 seasons to prove that and he hasn't.

Gonzo 03-04-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6575242)
coaching is not a problem for Derrick Johnson.

Some fans just don't get it, and they like a player and always want to believe the coaching staff is holding that player back from reaching his full potential. With Johnson, that just isn't the case and never has been.

And DJ is NOT "great" talent. He's had 5 seasons to prove that and he hasn't.

I disagree.
I think he's an awesome talent with a tremendous upside. However, it's quite obvious that motivation is a problem.
I know he's had a lot of personal problems and that's effected his performance on the field.
That being said, I'd like to keep him, but if a high 3rd rounder is offered, I'd take it and run.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2010 08:42 AM

I'll just bet DJ has an awesome year under Crennel. He needs to be starting and playing every game and turn him loose. He's one of those players that if you cause them to have to think too much if ****s them up. Just turn him loose .

Deberg_1990 03-04-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6575255)
I disagree.
I think he's an awesome talent with a tremendous upside. However, it's quite obvious that motivation is a problem.
I know he's had a lot of personal problems and that's effected his performance on the field.
That being said, I'd like to keep him, but if a high 3rd rounder is offered, I'd take it and run.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ is the worst kind of player.

Hes loaded with talent and flashes it brilliantly from time to time.

Inconsistency and lack of motivation is the worst.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2010 08:50 AM

-Day candidate #3 = LB Derrick Johnson

Recent News: General manager Scott Pioli goes on KSHB-TV 41 and tells Jack Harry that the Chiefs plan on keeping Derrick Johnson.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/content...OjBKEQ0EA.cspx

Recent Quotes: See above, and also below. Both point to the Chiefs tendering DJ.

“Derrick is another guy who has a chance to help us as we go forward. It’s easy to point out those two plays he made in the [Denver] game. There are only 25 who ever did that [return two interceptions in a game for a touchdown]. But Derrick has really made strides. He handled a difficult year very well and I think a lot of positives will come out of it for him. I spent some time with Derrick and I think he has made big strides in a lot of different areas and I hope that those pay off for him and for us.”

- Todd Haley, 1/6/10

The Franchise 03-04-2010 08:51 AM

Original pick tender.

Gonzo 03-04-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6575271)
DJ is the worst kind of player.

Hes loaded with talent and flashes it brilliantly from time to time.

Inconsistency and lack of motivation is the worst.

Yep...

Pretty much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 03-04-2010 08:57 AM

With last year being a completely wasted year, they should have started him the last few games to get a picture of what he can and can't do in the 34. 5 years in the league - play him or trade him.

Mr. Laz 03-04-2010 09:16 AM

a 1st round means he's staying with us ... period

a 2nd leaves some room for negotiation.

a 3rd or less means we have no real intention of keeping him unless it's dirt cheap

LaChapelle 03-04-2010 11:47 AM

It's all negotiable
No matter the tender

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6575280)
Original pick tender.

This.

DJ's left nut 03-04-2010 11:54 AM

While the Chiefs never do a single thing I would do, I would offer him at a 2nd round level and stick to my guns on it.

If a team wants to give up a 2nd for him, he's all theirs. If they don't, I think he's as valuable to us as the 2nd rounder is likely to be, so I wouldn't come off that demand.

There would be little room for discussion in my eyes. Gimme a 2nd for him our pound sand.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6575682)
While the Chiefs never do a single thing I would do, I would offer him at a 2nd round level and stick to my guns on it.

If a team wants to give up a 2nd for him, he's all theirs. If they don't, I think he's as valuable to us as the 2nd rounder is likely to be, so I wouldn't come off that demand.

There would be little room for discussion in my eyes. Gimme a 2nd for him our pound sand.

ROFL You're Dj's Left Nut and all you think he's worth is a 2nd. ROFL

DJ's left nut 03-04-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 6575718)
ROFL You're Dj's Left Nut and all you think he's worth is a 2nd. ROFL

I might be a little less enthused about the young man than I was in September of 2005.

Lesson learned - only include the names of retired players in my user-names.

stlchiefs 03-04-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6575721)
I might be a little less enthused about the young man than I was in September of 2005.

Lesson learned - only include the names of retired players in my user-names.

After Trent Green, Tony G and Dante Hall jerseys I now stick to the same theory when purchasing jerseys.