ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Would you support drafting McClain? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226739)

The Franchise 04-19-2010 11:57 AM

I'll put it this way.

I'd rather them take Joe Haden at #5 instead of McClain.

dirk digler 04-19-2010 11:57 AM

no

Mr. Flopnuts 04-19-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6686099)
I'm just trying to get a gauge on the pulse of the board. If this happens (somewhat unlikely, but who the **** really knows?) it will be interesting to see how many do an about face.

Short of them drafting an OT, I'm going to try and be positive Thursday night. The only way I'm jumping off the deep end before this draft ends is if they go tackle.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-19-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6686102)
I'll put it this way.

Outside of Berry and Clausen, Haden is my 3rd choice for the pick.

SAUTO 04-19-2010 11:58 AM

Sorry i hit the wrong button. LOL. no way would i take him top ten

Rain Man 04-19-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6686102)
I'll put it this way.

I thought about saying the same thing.

The Bad Guy 04-19-2010 11:58 AM

From what I've heard, it's Okung vs. Berry.

Now, I know Pioli said about Albert being his LT, but my source tells me there are a lot people in that warroom that love Russell Okung.

ChiefsCountry 04-19-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6686110)

Now, I know Pioli said about Albert being his LT, but my source tells me there are a lot people in that warroom that love Russell Okung.

Hopefully those people are shot. Okung screams bust to me.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-19-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6686110)

:facepalm: Please God let Detroit or Washington draft that sack of shit. I don't care how good he is. We have a fine LT.

BossChief 04-19-2010 12:00 PM

I really like the guy and feel he could be a great piece to lead this defense going forward, but we need to trade back further than that if we have him pegged as our guy.

I would be perfectly ok with going back to 10 or so and taking him and adding the compensation for moving back that far. (a second rounder and a late one)

If they stay at 5, or even drop back to 7, the pick needs to be Berry if it is used on defense.

Sure-Oz 04-19-2010 12:00 PM

I would support it if we traded down and got more picks, but id hate to pass on berry. Plus i think 7 is still too high, maybe 10-13

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6686104)
Short of them drafting an OT, I'm going to try and be positive Thursday night. The only way I'm jumping off the deep end before this draft ends is if they go tackle.

The following moves would piss me off:

McClain
Tackle
Bryant

The following move would make me a sad panda, but resigned to sadness and not anger:

Williams

I would be ecstatic with the following picks:

Berry
Clausen

I would be asi-asi on these picks:

Haden
Weatherspoon

Sure-Oz 04-19-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6686118)

McClain
Tackle
Bryant

The following move would make me a sad panda, but resigned to sadness and not anger:

Williams

Berry
Clausen

Haden
Weatherspoon

We really don't want a sad panda

DJ's left nut 04-19-2010 12:03 PM

I'd be pissed that they didn't trade down into the teens and take 'Spoon instead or hope that McClain fell.

But ultimately significantly less pissed than if they took Williams or Bulaga.

I'd give it a C-; we could've done a hell of a lot worse (Tyson Jackson), but we damn sure could have done better.

Rain Man 04-19-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6686118)

McClain
Tackle
Bryant

Williams

Berry
Clausen

Haden
Weatherspoon

We're pretty much in agreement, though I don't know what asi-asi means. I wouldn't be angry about any of those guys at the top, but would be more disappointed, particularly with Bryant. I think Bryant is hands-off.

I should add that I would actually be kind of happy if we drafted Spiller. I know we don't need him, but it seems like he's a safe pick who would add a lot of versatility and would be fun to watch. I think I'd put Spiller above Berry and below Clausen.