ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Soccer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230388)

Old Dog 07-07-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6864405)
link is broke

so is soccer

Saulbadguy 07-07-2010 12:50 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vJn5XxWg9U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vJn5XxWg9U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Raiderhater 07-07-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 6864376)
Yeah, but they're trying to score those points with other men.

Uh, you can say the same about football....

tymania 07-07-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truebigdog (Post 6864410)
so is soccer

is it bud??? is it too complicated for you small minded folk? are the rules not clear enough for ya? please give me one legitimate reason to hate soccer... DO IT.. there arent any!

Deberg_1990 07-07-2010 01:24 PM

Im surprised Rugby isnt more popular than soccer in America. Its like football without pads.

Old Dog 07-07-2010 01:29 PM

Let's see....even many folks from the "World Cup" thread are trying to "fix" it, so yeah.

Complicated? 10 guys running around trying to kick a ball into the other guys goal. There are actually 11, but one has the desire to dress differently so he can use his hands (assuming he stays in his little cubicle).
Offsides is a fairly easy to understand rule ( in a nutshell if a player is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second to the last defender he's offside)

If someone gets within three yards of you it's mandated that you act as though you've been shot by a sniper and roll around for four minutes regardless if there were any actual contact.

vailpass 07-07-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6864432)
is it bud??? is it too complicated for you small minded folk? are the rules not clear enough for ya? please give me one legitimate reason to hate soccer... DO IT.. there arent any!

ROFL

Flop

Frazod 07-07-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6864438)
Im surprised Rugby isnt more popular than soccer in America. Its like football without pads.

If it ever caught on, there would be pads and helmets. Remember, the safety equipment isn't for the players; it's for the owners.

But I do agree, it is an infinitely better game than soccer.

milkman 07-07-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

I'll give you one good reason.

Soccer fan gets soooo buthurt any time says they don't like soccer.

I don't want to be that guy.

Life is too short to go around with an aching ass all day, every day.

Old Dog 07-07-2010 01:32 PM

FWIW, I watch soccer, but it's not an exciting game. 90 minutes or more and 3 goals is a huge outpouring of offensse.

vailpass 07-07-2010 01:33 PM

Where are the intertube jpeg masters to post pics of all the soccer flops out there?

Saulbadguy 07-07-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6864458)
If it ever caught on, there would be pads and helmets. Remember, the safety equipment isn't for the players; it's for the owners.

But I do agree, it is an infinitely better game than soccer.

If it were to ever catch on immensely in America, there would need to be way more "media timeouts".

Saulbadguy 07-07-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Please.

There are legitimate reasons to hate any sport.

Raiderhater 07-07-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

I'll try and fix the link when I get to a computer. That will help answer some of this. But until then: tying is gay, the "boring" game of baseball encourages more physical contact than soccer and most fans have an elitist attitude like the one you are displaying.

Frazod 07-07-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6864472)
If it were to ever catch on immensely in America, there would need to be way more "media timeouts".

No shit.

One of the things I like about watching college football is that you only get about half the commercial breaks you do with pro football, which is about 50% commercials at this point. :shake: