ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Massive ice island breaks off Greenland (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231743)

Thig Lyfe 08-08-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 6923565)

Why would a penguin be sad about stuff happening in the Arctic?

T-post Tom 08-08-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 6923971)
Why would a penguin be sad about stuff happening in the Arctic?

They do not discriminate in their love of ice and all things cold. :) [Good catch, btw. Rep.]

RealSNR 08-08-2010 07:10 PM

The ice just couldn't handle the added weight from your mom's vacation in Greenland

GoHuge 08-08-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6923902)
Oh, well - that must disprove it all then!

Yes all the nay sayers say that global warming is just a theory............as is gravity :shake:.

The morons that say global warming is a myth because it gets really cold in the winter might as well say that the sun doesn't exist because it's dark out right now. It's just as stupid.

Phobia 08-08-2010 09:46 PM

As with all politicized issues, the far right is extreme and the far left is extreme. They're both overselling their positions and making themselves look ridiculous. Do I believe there are some elements of global warming? Yes, I do. Do I think it's as bad as the left would have us believe? Absolutely not. Do I believe there is zero evidence as the right would have us believe? Absolutely not.

gblowfish 08-08-2010 09:47 PM

I went thru about that much ice over the weekend.

CaliforniaChief 08-08-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge39 (Post 6924247)
Yes all the nay sayers say that global warming is just a theory............as is gravity :shake:.

The morons that say global warming is a myth because it gets really cold in the winter might as well say that the sun doesn't exist because it's dark out right now. It's just as stupid.

That is potentially the dumbest post I've read on CP in some time. Read a book or mix in something other than another run through of "An Inconvenient Truth."

The objections to global warming aren't that it's really cold in the winter. And the tactic of making it sound like those of us who are skeptics to a cause propagated by special interest groups and excessive fear-mongering is really old.

Bugeater 08-08-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 6924307)
As with all politicized issues, the far right is extreme and the far left is extreme. They're both overselling their positions and making themselves look ridiculous. Do I believe there are some elements of global warming? Yes, I do. Do I think it's as bad as the left would have us believe? Absolutely not. Do I believe there is zero evidence as the right would have us believe? Absolutely not.

What a cop-out. You need to pick a side and be willing to fight to the death over it.

007 08-08-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6924329)
What a cop-out. You need to pick a side and be willing to fight to the death over it.

LMAO

BillSelfsTrophycase 08-08-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge39 (Post 6924247)

http://ui25.gamespot.com/2360/notlolwutpearuw5_2.jpg

http://carnalreason.org/images/feb08/globaltemp.jpg

Bwana 08-08-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6923647)
I vote hell yes.

I 2nd that!

KCFalcon59 08-08-2010 10:09 PM

I believe in Climate Change.

Spring changes to Summer
Summer changes to Fall
Fall changes to Winter
Winter changes to Spring.

It's been doing that for as far back as I can remember. I've heard it even did this before I was born. Some winters were colder, Some springs warmer, some summers hotter, some falls cooler. It changes all the time.

The hysteria that has been created is just a ploy to control our lives and to extort more money from the populate.

Lonewolf Ed 08-08-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 6924354)
I believe in Climate Change.

Spring changes to Summer
Summer changes to Fall
Fall changes to Winter
Winter changes to Spring.

It's been doing that for as far back as I can remember. I've heard it even did this before I was born. Some winters were colder, Some springs warmer, some summers hotter, some falls cooler. It changes all the time.

The hysteria that has been created is just a ploy to control our lives and to extort more money from the populate.

Exactly. In the KC Star sports page, on the first of every month, they show record highs and lows set in KC for each day. August, very surprisingly, has over 70 degrees of variation from the hottest temperature recorded to the lowest, and such data has only been gathered for a short time, less than 200 years. So, the conclusion is: some days, it's going to be hot; some days it's going to be cold; some days it's going to be unseasonably hot or cold. It's always been that way, and always will.

Phobia 08-08-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6924329)

Indeed. I've found that I just don't care enough about political crap to concern myself with it significantly. Besides, whose mind am I doing to change?

cdcox 08-08-2010 11:29 PM

The Chiefs have moved their practice times to later in the day to avoid the effects of Climate Change.