ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Thinking out loud about this upcoming offseason... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233848)

CaliforniaChief 09-20-2010 11:29 PM

My understanding is that decertification of the union would allow them to sue the owners. Speculation is that such a suit would result in an injunction by a judge which would prevent a lockout and allow the teams to play under the rules of the current CBA.

But I think there's still uncertainty about the impact of it all.

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 7024162)
My understanding is that decertification of the union would allow them to sue the owners. Speculation is that such a suit would result in an injunction by a judge which would prevent a lockout and allow the teams to play under the rules of the current CBA.

The last time the union decertified was 1989. They played without a CBA until 1993.

By decertifying, the league would lose its Anti-Trust exemption, allowing the players to sue the owners if a lockout were to occur.

I tend to believe that the union will decertify, allowing the NFL to continue playing and that it will take at least until 2012 (if not later) to come to a new CBA.

CaliforniaChief 09-20-2010 11:36 PM

If it buys them time by delaying a lockout...then I'm all for it.

Unfortunately it's not usually more time that helps a deal like this get done...it's usually pressure.

BossChief 09-20-2010 11:40 PM

They better figure something out.

I used to love baseball before 1994...almost as much as football.

I was a Dodgers/Mariners fan before I was a Chiefs fan.

I haven't so much as watched a game or bought as a hat since...

Rausch 09-20-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 7024162)

And it's ****ing stupid and an NFLPA bit of lunacy.

Do it ****ers.

STRIKE.

Give me 9 months to think about $3it other than football.

Remind us how much time we lose between FFL's, this BB, all day on sunday, and the money spent to go to at least one game a year.

Time we could be spending with kids, Phobia's wife, or elderly relatives.

You do that, you just go away and complain about who should get more money and why by the millions.

It will end well for you all, I'm sure...

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 7024175)
If it buys them time by delaying a lockout...then I'm all for it.

Unfortunately it's not usually more time that helps a deal like this get done...it's usually pressure.

Well, they can't lockout the players if there's no Player's Union. And since they'd lose their Anti-Trust exemption, the players could file a class action lawsuit against the NFL and sue them for billions.

I don't think that's what either side wants, so most likely, the players decertify and the owners don't lockout the players.

There are way too many issues to be resolved in order for a new CBA to happen before March. Both sides haven't even been able to come close on terms, so I think it'll be like this for a while. Which quite honestly, is fine by me.