ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Missouri stole our drum! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237534)

Pants 11-29-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7209317)
"That's what I love about undeserved Bowl Berths. I keep getting older, they all stay the same age...yeah"

/Beaker.

Love the 'undeserved' mantra. If you say it enough times, it becomes an accepted fact, lol.

If you make it to a BCS bowl, you make it. Maybe you guys will get to play in one this year and the bitterness will stop. :)

blaise 11-29-2010 10:01 AM

I just know that Orange Bowl catapulted KU football into another level of success.

Frazod 11-29-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7209361)
I just know that Orange Bowl catapulted KU football into another level of success.

Yeah, they really built upon it, didn't they? ROFL

kchero 11-29-2010 10:23 AM

Come on now, lets give the KU fan credit. At least he knew that it was still technically football season. Jayhawk nation has stated it is "basketball" season since early September.

kepp 11-29-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7209361)

They pretty much followed that trajectory.

Pants 11-29-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 7209405)
Come on now, lets give the KU fan credit. At least he knew that it was still technically football season. Jayhawk nation has stated it is "basketball" season since early September.

And your #11 (LOL) basketball team has to play in an empty arena because the only game you guys show up to is when KU rolls into town. Our football stadium fills more people proportionally than your basketball arena, and our football team is abysmal. MU fans are the best!

Fairplay 11-29-2010 10:54 AM

epic fail.

DJ's left nut 11-29-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209481)
And your #11 (LOL) basketball team has to play in an empty arena because the only game you guys show up to is when KU rolls into town. Our football stadium fills more people proportionally than your basketball arena, and our football team is abysmal. MU fans are the best!

Uh...WTF are you talking about?

We have very solid attendance at Mizzzou arena, especially strong during the conference season.

Columbia isn't a basketball town, so fans tend to be fairly sparse during the early season games that don't mean anything. So you're right, we can't compare to Kentucky and Kansas for non-con games because the fans aren't interested in a glorified scrimmage. There's also still some residual damage from Quin Snyder - locally the guy was garbage and it reflected on the entire towns view of the BBall team. They're coming out of the darkness there, but you don't really understand the damage he did unless you live here. Trust me, it was extensive.

However, our conference attendance is very good and our overall attendance is just fine (40th in the country last season). Oh, and not to mention the fact that MU carried the 2nd longest home winning-streak in the nation last season before its loss to A&M.

But leave it to the beakers to start talking basketball when they get their asses handed to them in football. We get it - you don't care about football unless your team is doing well.

I wonder how much you'd care about basketball if your basketball team ever struggled.

I suspect I know the answer.

WilliamTheIrish 11-29-2010 11:09 AM

Still bringing up the bottle being thrown at the band? That was before Mangino. This person was serious.

Pants 11-29-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7209519)
Uh...WTF are you talking about?

We have very solid attendance at Mizzzou arena, especially strong during the conference season.

Columbia isn't a basketball town, so fans tend to be fairly sparse during the early season games that don't mean anything. So you're right, we can't compare to Kentucky and Kansas for non-con games because the fans aren't interested in a glorified scrimmage. There's also still some residual damage from Quin Snyder - locally the guy was garbage and it reflected on the entire towns view of the BBall team. They're coming out of the darkness there, but you don't really understand the damage he did unless you live here. Trust me, it was extensive.

However, our conference attendance is very good and our overall attendance is just fine (40th in the country last season). Oh, and not to mention the fact that MU carried the 2nd longest home winning-streak in the nation last season before its loss to A&M.

But leave it to the beakers to start talking basketball when they get their asses handed to them in football. We get it - you don't care about football unless your team is doing well.

I wonder how much you'd care about basketball if your basketball team ever struggled.

I suspect I know the answer.

Oh, I care about football just like many other Jayhawk fans, I was simply trying to give your friend a little perspective. I just find it very amusing how MU fans somehow think they have good fans. If your football team was doing as bad as ours, the attendance would probably be worse than what you see at Memorial Stadium, lol. I saw MU fans start leaving in the 3rd in 2004 in person, but I don't think you guys were ranked that year, I may be wrong.

Mojo Jojo 11-29-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209324)
Love the 'undeserved' mantra. If you say it enough times, it becomes an accepted fact, lol.

If you make it to a BCS bowl, you make it. Maybe you guys will get to play in one this year and the bitterness will stop. :)

It is easier to make it when the Athletic Dept. writes a check to bribe the bowl committee. Now most of those people are gone and/or under investigation. I got 4 tickets to the Orange Bowl, seats on a charter flight, and hotel for free because we do business with KU. Lew had to give stuff away because he had to cover his ass.

Pants 11-29-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 7209537)
It is easier to make it when the Athletic Dept. writes a check to bribe the bowl committee.

Link? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

Mojo Jojo 11-29-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209541)
Link? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

Common Fact. Did KU take you to the game?

blaise 11-29-2010 11:28 AM

Bob Davis thinks KU should be ranked no lower than #4 in the BCS.

Pants 11-29-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 7209557)
Common Fact. Did KU take you to the game?

Common fact? I'd like to see some proof, lol.

And no, KU didn't take me to the game, but I'm sure if I was doing something for them that was important enough, they would.