ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Okung and Curry (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237594)

mcaj22 11-29-2010 10:58 PM

Yeah, we beat the shit out of them but you can't take away the fact that as athletes, Curry and Okung are good players at their position. Seahawks may have shit coaching and bad scheming, but Curry is far and away better than what we picked instead of him.

Curry could be very good in a 3-4 as a OLB. They have him in a 4-3, and rarely ever rush him, Seahawks are content rushing 4 down lineman and hoping Savii/Chris Clemons and whoever else can get to the QB instead. So Curry sits in coverage most of the game, I think his speed and talents would be best displayed rushing in a 3-4. Like someone said if Curry had Vrabels spot on our defense it could be a very nice team to watch.

I do like Berry though, no matter how many mistakes he's made. Okung may have been the safer pick and the idea of Okung and Albert as our bookends does give me a chubby for years to come, but whatever. Okung is a very good LT, it's a shame he can't stay healthy this season, but when he's in there you can't knock his talent.

A Berry + Curry defense would have made something fun imo.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-29-2010 11:23 PM

People didn't want Curry because he was a high salary player at a position of low impact.

If offered the choice between Curry or Jackson, everyone would have taken Curry, but that's basically picking herpes over AIDS.

A bunch of teams screwed the pooch at the top of that draft.

2,3,6,7, and 11 are all looking like busts.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-29-2010 11:25 PM

Jesus ****ing Christ, not this shit again. Aaron Curry is not a ****ing rush backer, he would not have played outside.

DaneMcCloud 11-29-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 7211625)
Curry could be very good in a 3-4 as a OLB. They have him in a 4-3, and rarely ever rush him, Seahawks are content rushing 4 down lineman and hoping Savii/Chris Clemons and whoever else can get to the QB instead. So Curry sits in coverage most of the game, I think his speed and talents would be best displayed rushing in a 3-4. Like someone said if Curry had Vrabels spot on our defense it could be a very nice team to watch.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So I'll just go with this: STFU

Hammock Parties 11-29-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7211600)
I for one am glad the Seahawks aren't in the AFC west any longer, I think theyll be a fine team for years under Carrol.

ROFL

Is this some kind of thinly veiled attempt to prop up the Chiefs' win?

The Seahawks have beaten:

San Francisco
San Diego
Chicago
Arizona
Arizona

They have been BLOWN OUT by Denver, Oakland, Kansas City, New York, New Orleans and St. Louis.

They also have no quarterback of the future.

That's a shitty team that needs a LOT of work.

Saccopoo 11-30-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7211699)
People didn't want Curry because he was a high salary player at a position of low impact.

http://www.nfl-jerseys.com/pic/2010-...l%20Jersey.jpg

Everybody seemed to jump on that bandwagon though...

Quote:

If offered the choice between Curry or Jackson, everyone would have taken Curry, but that's basically picking herpes over AIDS.
Bullshit. Curry's physical abilities and combine numbers were off the chart. Butkus award winner. The ****ing Chiefs took a safety at basically the same spot. Curry was a physical freak that backed up his draft status with the awards and the combine numbers. Tyson Jackson was a 4-3 defensive tackle that was projected to be a decent five tech in a draft with no five tech just as half the NFL was switching to the 3-4.

It was like picking a fresh, virginal Megan Fox over chlamydia.

Quote:

I would have been very happy with Oher, Mack, Curry, Monroe or Sanchez that year. Hell, even Branden Albert stated that he'd have been happy to move over to guard if they drafted Monroe.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-30-2010 12:13 AM

Troy Polamalu was worth over a touchdown a game to the Steelers. You can't say that's not an important position, especially in a pass-happy league. Besides, Berry was a much better safety prospect than Curry was a LB prospect.

Aaron Curry was a creation of media hype. Sean Weatherspoon had a more productive college career in a tougher conference and had a combine that was equally as good, and, arguably, better.

Curry had a better 40 time. Their broad jumps were essentially identical. Weatherspoon had much better vertical and put up 9 more reps despite weighing less.

|Zach| 11-30-2010 12:28 AM

Spooooooooon

Fairplay 11-30-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7211591)
Curry taking Vrabel's snaps right now sure would be nice.

Meanwhile Tyson Jackson is still one of the worst down-lineman in football.

Let's not beat our chests just yet, m'kay? Okung's a good football player that we just didn't need and Curry is a far better player than the guy we took ahead of him.

He needs 2 more years to prove hes a #1 down-lineman.

Just give me two years.

chiefzilla1501 11-30-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7211699)

Agreed. I would have gone with Raji and still would. I thought Jackson was going to flash something this year and I hope to god it's just slow recovery from his MCL injury, but man, what a waste of a draft pick right there.

Saccopoo 11-30-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7211789)
Troy Polamalu was worth over a touchdown a game to the Steelers. You can't say that's not an important position, especially in a pass-happy league. Besides, Berry was a much better safety prospect than Curry was a LB prospect.

Berry equated to Curry as a prospect. In fact, looking at the stats, there were a number of players at the safety position who had identical stats as Berry in the 2010 draft. Thomas and Burnett put up identical collegiate numbers as Berry along with similar combine stats.

Quote:

Aaron Curry was a creation of media hype. Sean Weatherspoon had a more productive college career in a tougher conference and had a combine that was equally as good, and, arguably, better.
C'mon Hamas, you are better than that. Curry played in obscurity at Wake, but still managed to pull out the Butkus along with posting superb combine stats for a man his size. You don't give the Butkus to a guy from Wake because he was a product of media hype. Guys from Wake don't get media hype. Especially guys playing the SAM backer position. The guy was skilled and athletically gifted. He'd be a natural in the 3-4 at the LOLB position, especially with good coaching like Crennel.

If you don't think we'd be better off with Curry playing the SAM versus Jackson on the bench, you are nuts.

Weatherspoon was a hype machine all on his own.

Curry had a better 40 time. Their broad jumps were essentially identical. Weatherspoon had much better vertical and put up 9 more reps despite weighing less.[/QUOTE]

Skyy God 08-15-2011 11:03 AM

Midseason form.

Quote:

Seahawks tackle Russell Okung, who missed half the season with ankle injuries in 2010, sprained his ankle in the win over San Diego
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1V7NAufH3

Hammock Parties 08-15-2011 11:15 AM

Okung > Albert

RealSNR 08-15-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7826225)
Okung > Albert

And Berry >>>>>>> Okung.

That's all that matters

Bump 08-15-2011 11:25 AM

don't you want your LT to be invisible? Or not have his name mentioned much?