ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather Crennel's defense yesterday: a '2-4' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237962)

KCSupersized 12-06-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry (Post 7231818)
It could have easily been 20-6 imo. I'll take the win and a chance at Sandy Eggo n Sunday. Our 8th win was not pretty - but just 3 weeks ago they lit us up. The defensive scheme worked and now we've got as many wins this year as we had the 3 previous years.

Not to be a dick, but we've won 10 games in the last three years combined.

2007 - 4
2008 - 2
2009 - 4

ROYC75 12-06-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSupersized (Post 7231840)

2007 - 4
2008 - 2
2009 - 4

:spock: Uh, I think that is what he is saying.:doh!:

bobbything 12-06-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7231763)
according to Petro we lined up frequently in a '2-4'

Dorsey and Gilberry as the 2 DL

with studebaker on the edge as a 3rd 'DL'...and McGraw lined up as a LB...

i don't remember the announcers ever mentioning it

but this is the kind of thing I love about Crennel...dude will do anything if it works...you can also see why that would be susceptible to the run

Shhhh...don't tell Saccopoo. He wants to continue believing that Dorsey was lining up in a 4-3 and getting abused.

KCSupersized 12-06-2010 11:19 AM

Last time I looked we've won 8.

bobbything 12-06-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 7231778)
Yup. It's obvious that we were geared towards shutting down Orton, and the passing game because that's what they killed us with the last game. The only reason Mareno got the yards he did was because of this.
It's a 2-4-5 nickel package

It's similar to what we did against Indy. I remember McGraw in there as a LB a lot in both games. It worked well because both coaches are so hellbent on passing the ball, that it took nearly 3/4ths of a game for them to figure out that they could run the ball on us with just about anyone in the backfield.

Fortunately, McDaniels wants Orton to go to the Pro Bowl so badly, that he folded his hand. Indy is simply a more talented version of Denver.

Nero's Neptune 12-06-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warispeace (Post 7231794)
It's nice to see them finding ways to win finally. Last year that game would have been a loss.

and 2 years ago, Herm Edwards would have lined up and done the exact same thing as he did in the first game against Denver.

This coaching staff really highlights how monumentally bad Herm was as an NFL head coach.... just terrible.

Chief Henry 12-06-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSupersized (Post 7231840)

2007 - 4
2008 - 2
2009 - 4

We are now playing winning football and listening to "Haleys Comments" right now I'm pleased that Haley is not spewing out meaningless stats the way DV use too.

I'm still not happy with Haley not going for the FG on our first drive of the 2nd half. WOuld have put us up by 2 posessions and gave us points off a nice drive to start the 2nd half.

Chief Henry 12-06-2010 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=Nero's Neptune;7231871]and 2 years ago, Herm Edwards would have lined up and done the exact same thing as he did in the first game against Denver.

This coaching staff really highlights how monumentally bad Herm was as an NFL head coach.... just terrible.[/QUOTE]

Herm was a BRUTAL

the Talking Can 12-06-2010 11:36 AM

listening to Haley right now

interesting comments about the '4 down' mode

basically its an offensive scheme they decide on at the beginning of a series, and it has a specific set of plays they select from...he likes it because they 'get more runs'..

they were never not going to go for it on 4th down....my interpretation...

bobbything 12-06-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7231904)

I don't know. They had the FG unit in a limbo area on the field for about 10 seconds before they came off. Could have just been gamesmanship though.

KCSupersized 12-06-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry (Post 7231882)
We are now playing winning football and listening to "Haleys Comments" right now I'm pleased that Haley is not spewing out meaningless stats the way DV use too.

I'm still not happy with Haley not going for the FG on our first drive of the 2nd half. WOuld have put us up by 2 posessions and gave us points off a nice drive to start the 2nd half.

I still can't grasp why he went for it. The team was making mistakes, and very emotional. IMO take the FG, and settle the guys down.

-King- 12-06-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7231904)
listening to Haley right now

interesting comments about the '4 down' mode

basically its an offensive scheme they decide on at the beginning of a series, and it has a specific set of plays they select from...he likes it because they 'get more runs'..

Yeah they had a sound clip of him a few weeks ago. Soon as we crossed the 50, he was like "ok Matt, were in 4 down mode now". Going for it on 4th is determined way before the 4th down.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan 12-06-2010 11:47 AM

will be interesting to see how they play this against SD. Oakland stopped Tolbert and played havoc with Rivers at the same time. Letting Tolbert run wild to stop Rivers could be painful.

Chiefnj2 12-06-2010 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=Chief Henry;7231890]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nero's Neptune (Post 7231871)
and 2 years ago, Herm Edwards would have lined up and done the exact same thing as he did in the first game against Denver.

This coaching staff really highlights how monumentally bad Herm was as an NFL head coach.... just terrible.[/QUOTE]

Herm was a BRUTAL

A few weeks ago Herm was criticizing Cleveland's coach for not being aggressive and for not playing to win against the Jets. I thought I was in bizzaro world.

CoMoChief 12-06-2010 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=Chiefnj2;7231955]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry (Post 7231890)

A few weeks ago Herm was criticizing Cleveland's coach for not being aggressive and for not playing to win against the Jets. I thought I was in bizzaro world.

He was prob reading a script written by ESPN.

Then when they cut to break, Herm ran into the bathroom and washed his mouth out w/ soap.